It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI makes alien contact?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz
www.alienvideo.net...

They haven't made contact. You're trusting Greer?? The guy who thinks you can meditate to contact aliens, and they will show up (but only for special classes he gives, and not on camera)? That guy? And you're taking his word over the scientists who are actually doing something REAL to find aliens - and apparently not having any luck yet (and who, by the way, would love nothing better than to be the ones at the helm when the signal comes in)?

I participate in the SETI@home project myself, but we haven't found anything verifiable yet. The search goes on...

[edit on 23-9-2006 by Sophismata]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So we got this SHGb02+14a signal the same month we went to war with Iraq? Nice timing.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
So we got this SHGb02+14a signal the same month we went to war with Iraq? Nice timing.

See this from the seti@home project regarding that signal. It was never really that impressive. Given the absolutely massive collection of data this project sifts through, they WILL find hits that end up being just chance and not a real "out there far away" signal. It was never triangulated, either, by other researchers - which is how if we ever find a signal we will know how far away it actually is.

So you can either believe that this one got overhyped by the press before the data was all in - OR you can believe there's some coverup. I know which one most of you will believe and it makes me sad. I'm gonna go have some chocolate...

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've voiced this opinion elsewhere, but SETI is not going to find a signal or make contact before the average lay person. In fact, as individuals, people have already seen craft, been abducted, been contacted, and communicated with beings not of this planet. I wouldn't have believed that as firmly some years ago, but it's undeniable now.

The big question is, why hasn't SETI had a single hit in almost 50 years? Why hasn't anyone at SETI, or NASA seen or reported one alien craft, or one alien signal? Very, very curious (and incomprehensible) since there are reported to be almost 4 million people that claim to have been abducted...and several thousands of credible witnesses that claim to have seen craft they know are not of this earth.

The fact that anyone relies on SETI or NASA to be a catalyst, or even involved in contact is sad. Let me introduce you to the Internet. If you are curious about ET's and ufos, then look no further...

The problem is, it seems that these sightings and contact scenarios are fully controlled and orchestrated by the ETs. They control the flow of information, because they control how, when, and by whom they are seen. So if you believe this is occurring to these people, and with the scale and depth of the contacts, with thousands of credible witnesses - the most credible in our society and arguably on the planet - then you also know that contact is not occurring through the "proper channels". It is occurring through lay people, and at a frequency and type not determined by us. And it can only be assumed that this will continue to be the manner in which further contact and exposure is made.

Large scale sightings, fleet sightings, seem to be part of the manner in which contact is being made. It's slow...it seems to be moving at a modest pace (however, this seems to be increasing); a pace that would allow people to digest and assimilate what they are seeing...and the sightings are bizarre and definitely unnatural enough to jolt people into waking up...this is being done in our skies, so everyone can see, and not in a government office...this seems their chosen method of introducing themselves, so one can only wonder 1) Why SETI and NASA haven't so much as an odd photograph, and 2) What shape the next phase will take in our visitors' program...

Now this is not a knock against the individuals in either SETI or NASA that are sincere, earnest and open, but instead against the politics that suffocate all good deeds and noble purposes in this world...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Greer says lots of stuff.
I suppose it was one of his wild guesses, to throw the information out and see the reaction hoping that someone from SETI will in fact go forward with this.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This happened in 2003. I know, the original link is Greer but I was snooping around and stumbled on this list of 'controversial et' moments lately and it was on it, so, thought to post w/ that link... it's more about SETI and less about Greer anyway...

space.newscientist.com...

Most of this thread is people bickering about Greer, what else is new, right... there are some decent, interesting posts within though.

In February 2003, astronomers with the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) project, used a massive telescope in Puerto Rico to re-examine 200 sections of the sky which had all previously yielded unexplained radio signals. These signals had all disappeared, except for one which had become stronger.

The signal - widely thought to be the best candidate yet for an alien contact - comes from a spot between the constellations Pisces and Aries, where there are no obvious stars or planets. Curiously, the signal is at one of the frequencies that hydrogen, the most common element, absorbs and emits energy. Some astronomers believe that this is a very likely frequency at which aliens wishing to be noticed would transmit.

Nevertheless, there is also a good chance the signal is from a never-seen-before natural phenomenon. For example, an unexplained pulsed radio signal, thought to be artificial in 1967, turned out to be the first ever sighting of a pulsar.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I find it highly unlikely that SETI is anything but a waste of time.

Extraterrestrial civilizations almost certainly have discovered communications methods that far exceed the practicality limit of electromagnetic communications.

Here on earth we're learning about a new system of energy transmission, called scalar waves.

It appears that this new energy form is capable of transmission speeds many hundreds of times faster than the speed of light.

EM waves? Ha, no. Try scalar. And SETI isn't using that.

My guess is that the higher-ups already know very well that ET life exists. The seti program is to distract us and keep us busy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join