It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI makes alien contact?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
PARALLELOGRAM:

you are a very inteligent parallelogram. at least you are open minded.
the fact that et exists will for sure make a huge impact on humanity, but as you see we are being controlled and they dont want us to know. you know that when someone talks about an alien its supposed to be funny or either they are talking about a movie or a game. thats something that is being put by them through television. many people thinks that et do not exist, I wont tell them they do , but I will give them a tool to experience something I did. either they believe or not, that on their hands, its not my business. If you want to exprience any kind of contact visit this page www.misionrahma.com... I can tell you that people are already having contact as myself already experince it, but still I cant prove so visit the page and try experience it yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Great to see my original link generating so much debate -- my first post too. Will see if I can scout out some more hidden gems.

For what it's worth, I believe alien civilizations have been monitoring the earth since we were tadpoles, but waited till we could at least communicate before making themselves known in the past, hence the pyramids, ancient carvings and so on.

The present-day signals? Could be from a civilization somewhere, but probably at our level of development as -- some have already mentioned this -- SETI seems a very primitive way to communicate by pinging a large metal dish from the other side of the galaxy!

I'm more inclined to believe that messages are all around us, have been for years, in the form of crop circles, orb displays, the shutting down of nukes (on occasion), planetary probes suddenly disappearing, and so on.

Subtle stuff, but persuasive... not a few "beep beeeep beeps" from space.

Chaz.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So... how is it? Reading some posts, now Steven Greer is a von Daniken-class? Then I wanna now where the "serius researchers" are!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
you are right chaz, some ancient monuments and stuff are also important to take as messages. by the way, from what I know, the pyramids were built to stabilize the earth due to the phase lags of the earth axis. From them they were needed as a condenser of energy.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
" the pyramids were built to stabilize the earth due to the phase lags of the earth axis. From them they were needed as a condenser of energy."

From what I know actually looking at the glyphs from the pyramids no aliens constructed the pyraminds because the glyphs show the egyptians doing so with ancient tools etc. pyramids ar just tombs and monuments to the pharoes nothing more.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It'll be nice when one day, we can image planets around nearby star systems and scan their atmospheres for signs of life. I wouldn't be surprised if Tau Ceti had a life bearing planet. www.solstation.com...
However, it might have plant and animal life but no technological intelligent life. There are probably many planets in such a state. If mankind doesn't destroy itself first or die off like the dinosaurs in an asteroid impact, we will eventually detect life in other star systems. If we don't look via SETI or other means, we won't know. I don't believe searching for life and new discoveries is a waste of time and money.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer

Hey, you got my vote for the Way Above - great post, suggest everyone check out the links SKMDC1 posted in the above post.

I think you have a point sir, because if there ever is going to be public dislosure, this is probably very similar to how it woud go down. Interesting connections.

Who would be the "official" embassadors to extraterrestrials ?
Who would be the public frontend for all news related to the alien contact ?

First guess would be SETI & other powerful icons, like of course - Bill Gates.

Second guess would be NASA.

My thoughts are that SETI was created for just this very purpose. To serve as a smokescreen for the whole alien situation until the right time for the "right people" to carress this issue to the world, and in just the way they want it to unfold. For those of us who have known it all along, it will be nice to see official contact, but I can't help but fear that corrupted politics & media will turn this into a tool for a shadowy agenda.

Thanks ZooMer! I don't really have much experience in the UFO Conspiracy world, but it seems that most who do get so distracted by silliness like "The Aviary" and whatnot that they sometimes miss the clues that are in the mainstream press. The links I posted were really just a quick rundown over the past 2 weeks, picking out the "interesting" articles, and then attempting to connect them. I was hoping that with the brilliant people here at ATS that someone may take one of those strands and run with it. Oh well, I'm keeping an eye on things myself. So, if I start connecting any dots, I'll post them.

As for your thoughts on alien contact/disclosure. I couldn't agree more. The corrupted politicians and the "zazz" chasing media are the most ill-equiped groups on the planet for dealing with the most important moment in the history of mankind. I guess part of me hopes that someone like Bill Gates or SETI will take the lead and act as peaceful ambassadors for Earth just to avoid the inevitable trainwreck that a Government led first contact situation would certainly lead to. So maybe a lot of my original post is just wishful thinking!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by Zenem
I know what you're saying but the fact of the matter is, we are being visited by Aliens and not the other way round.

Care to back up this "fact" with some decent, undeniable evidence? Because I'm not aware of any such thing. If you have this evidence, then I guess the announcement of ET signals received by SETI is no big deal, right? Like announcing you just heard "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers on the radio from K-ROK 101.

Are you serious?

Come on dude, there has been sightings, abductions, pictures in old manuscripts, the list goes on & on & on...

Because I'm not aware of any such thing.

Well if you're not aware then its not my fault. If you want answers, I suggest searching this very forum for information yourself & making up your own mind.

If you have this evidence, then I guess the announcement of ET signals received by SETI is no big deal, right? Like announcing you just heard "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers on the radio from K-ROK 101.

I have no idea what you mean by that

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Zenem]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

Thanks ZooMer! I don't really have much experience in the UFO Conspiracy world, but it seems that most who do get so distracted by silliness like "The Aviary" and whatnot that they sometimes miss the clues that are in the mainstream press. The links I posted were really just a quick rundown over the past 2 weeks, picking out the "interesting" articles, and then attempting to connect them. I was hoping that with the brilliant people here at ATS that someone may take one of those strands and run with it. Oh well, I'm keeping an eye on things myself. So, if I start connecting any dots, I'll post them.

Well the Shuttle launch was just delayed, but certainly this mission will be something to keep an eye on if there is some sort of disclosure imminent. If there ever is a full disclosure, I have a feeling both NASA and SETI would be two key players in making the first announcement.

jra

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1
Bill Gates/Microsoft connections to SETI. -[snip]- My own personal tin-foil hat theory: Disclosure/Contact is imminent. Bill Gates/Microsoft/SETI represent a group ready to accept the contact and act as peaceful ambassadors of our planet.

I find this to be incorrect. Bill Gates/Microsoft has not given any money or supported SETI in any way. It was Paul G. Allen who co-founded Microsoft. But the money he invested into the telescope array is his own. He has resigned from Microsoft. Paul Allen invests a lot of money into the sciences and technology. You can read up more about him here: en.wikipedia.org...

Your theory is interesting, but the Gates/Mircosoft/SETI connection is flawed in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I really do think it may be possible that SETI may have picked up something alien, however I checked the SETI website and found nothing based on that at all. No announcements, no articles, nothing. You would think that because it being so recent, and big mind you, they would mention something on their main page. But it's completely devoid of any such thing.

As for the pyramids, they are just tombs. I really doubt that they are there to 'stabilize' anything. The arguement itself doesn't really make sense.

Sure, there have been some things here and there about UFOs and what not on CNN as well as on the History channel but there always has been stuff like that on. It is interesting.

So disclosure isn't anywhere around the corner. At least, thats what I believe. And I know it's crushing the hopes and dreams of people but it's just reality. People have been poking at UFOs and Aliens as well as the government about this for the past 50 or 60 years and nobody has actually anything to prove except shakey cameras and crappy photos.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I personally think that no alien has ever set foot on Earth. They may have orbited it a few times but that is it. That was probably enough for them to see our massive arsenal of Nuclear weapons. This is following the assumption that the ET's are not violent or they don’t have anything as powerful as the nuclear warhead. So IMO all those 'crappy pictures' and 'wobbly film footage' is all a hoax. I am not saying that no Aliens have ventured here. Pointing to the Roswell crash the Aliens may have found that their space craft couldn’t fly in our atmosphere and as a result they crashed and were killed. This was a lesson to the Alien Species that Earth could not be landed on with their Space craft. Maybe right now they are looking at our aircraft and are making a replica of an Earth aircraft that could be deployed by a space craft and could land on the Earth's surface.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If SETI has made contact as Greer says, this sounds recent no?
So all that stuff about contact before this time is true or not true?
Or is this the "staged" disclosure that we have all been waiting for?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't think this is a "staged" disclosure because it seems that Greer is more or less "leaking" this information. A staged disclosure by the government would likeley invovle SETI, but not in this manner.

Greer is speaking the truth, in my opinion. What motives does he have for causing all of this stir ?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZoooMer
I don't think this is a "staged" disclosure because it seems that Greer is more or less "leaking" this information. A staged disclosure by the government would likely involve SETI, but not in this manner.

What i mean is maybe "they" are using Greer for the "staged" disclosure.
He is a good guy, and what better medium to disclose.

If you believe things are being covered up, then you would think a staged disclosure might happen, as that maybe the agenda.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Seth Shostak appeared on the first hour of Coast To Coast last night
and refuted Greer's claims. You can see the summary of what he
said (today only, until the next show is over) at:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Remember Greer asserted that one of his SETI sources would be
someone the listerners to C2C would know. That gives us three
candidates (only): Frank Drake, Jill Tartar, and Seth Shostak.
I think Mr. Greer should take a vacation from the UFO subject.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You are forgetting another possible candidate - Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen.

Originally posted by Chaz
www.alienvideo.net...

This article has been updated, and it mentions the possibility of Paul Allen being the one who told Greer about the SETI contact.

alienvideo.net...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know that Paul Allen is a big donor to the now privatized SETI program but
can he be said to be a "SETI insider"? If Allen is aware of the reception of
signals, what exactly is preventing him from opening his mouth? (Nothing, imo.)

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Generic Patriotism? Who knows. There are as many reasons for people to stay quiet as there are stories in the human canon. Fortunately, this is all just speculation yet. Paul Allen funded research into my mysterious medical condition. I have a lot of respect for the guy. Few other people would do that. If he ever came out and said something, I think it would be fairly convincing.

But it is purely speculation that Greer is even talking about Allen....at this point.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
"It’s the most interesting signal from SETI@home," says Dan Werthimer, a radio astronomer at the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) and the chief scientist for SETI@home. “We’re not jumping up and down, but we are continuing to observe it.”

Named SHGb02+14a, the signal has a frequency of about 1420 megahertz. This happens to be one of the main frequencies at which hydrogen, the most common element in the universe, readily absorbs and emits energy.

Some astronomers have argued that extraterrestrials trying to advertise their presence would be likely to transmit at this frequency, and SETI researchers conventionally scan this part of the radio spectrum.

Radio source: SHGb02 plus 14a

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join