It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

persistant deja vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

When déjà vu becomes unbearable

Jan. 30, 2006
Courtesy the University of Leeds
and World Science staff

Many of us have experienced déjà vu—that tingly, yet unsettling feeling that we are going through something we’ve experienced before, even though we haven’t.

But for some of us, it becomes pathological.

One man had it so badly that he stopped watching TV because everything seemed to be a repeat, even the news, recalls psychologist Chris Moulin of the University of Leeds, U.K.

Yet when Moulin offered to help him, he adds, it was futile at first. The man “said there was no point visiting the clinic because he’d already been there.”

Déjà vu, which is French for “already seen,” is usually so fleeting that psychologists have until recently thought it impossible to study, Moulin said.

But for some people, the feeling of having been there before is persistent. Moulin and other researchers at the university are working with such people on what they say is the world’s first study of “chronic déjà vu.”...continues world-science.net

Anybody heard any more about this study? I suffer from it myself and would like to know what it's all about.

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

[edit on 25-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes I seem to have deja vu every day...a tingling sensation around my head, neck area that sometimes spreads to the rest of my body. As if some part of me recognizes the occurence whether it be an event or place, idea etc that hits me smack in the face and says WAKE UP. I think it may be due to the fact that we're in a dream world (don't take this too literally) and this is part of our subconscious reminding us there is something else besides this life, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Yes I seem to have deja vu every day...a tingling sensation around my head, neck area that sometimes spreads to the rest of my body. As if some part of me recognizes the occurence whether it be an event or place, idea etc that hits me smack in the face and says WAKE UP. I think it may be due to the fact that we're in a dream world (don't take this too literally) and this is part of our subconscious reminding us there is something else besides this life, perhaps.

Hm. Interesting theory on that. I too experience deja vu on a constant, daily basis. There are some days when I feel as if there is no reason to get up because I've already done everything I'm going to do. Some days are worse than others. That is an interesting take on it though. Of course there is always the "past life" explanation if you buy into that.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
ok theres Deja Vou and then theres my problem. Having dreams of my own future from my POV. These dreams show Exactly what im doing and where i do it before i have done it. Then once i get to that point in my life where the dream is coming true my brain starts to tingle and hurt kinda. not like a headache but like the brain itself. You have no idea how this has changed my view of life to that of the Matrix.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So then you're saying that these dreams you have are perhaps interceptions from the program that is creating your reality? Sort of a "sneak peek"?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
...the simulation is breaking down...so...what happens next?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Deja vu is a mild momentary seizure occuring in the part of the temporal lobe involved with processing memory (call it a 'short circuit').

Epileptics often get a strong feeling of Deja vu moments before an epileptic seizure.

IMO if you experience Deja vu often I'd worry about your health rather than the weak possibility of being psychic.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I never knew that Deja Vu could be chronic. I've experienced it myself, and its eerie, but only once in awhile. Its very strange how we humans operate.

There's so much unknown out there about the human mind...makes you wonder if these people are experiencing DV, or are they just plain seeing the future before it happens. Its a shock to the system to have a conversation, be at a certain place and have already seen it. I can just imagine how having this "thing" on a daily basis would do to people. I'd be batty.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Its a shock to the system to have a conversation, be at a certain place and have already seen it

Deja vu simply provides you with a 'feeling' of being there before.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
imo its a glitch in the system.

goto www.therealmatrix.com but i warn you its about reptilians and NWO

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RemusUK
Deja vu is a mild momentary seizure occuring in the part of the temporal lobe involved with processing memory (call it a 'short circuit').

Epileptics often get a strong feeling of Deja vu moments before an epileptic seizure.

IMO if you experience Deja vu often I'd worry about your health rather than the weak possibility of being psychic.

I'm little worried about my mental health. However physically I'm fit as a fiddle.

By the way how do you know that Deja Vu is a mild momentary seizure occuring in the part of the temporal lobe involved with processing memory? Are you a doctor or did you just read it off some website?
It's widely known, by anyone who does their research, that Deja Vu has no scientific explanation because it is very hard to study. Doctors can't simulate Deja Vu because it's a feeling. The reason I posted the article in the first place(did you read it) is because students in Leed's University were recently studying it. I was hoping for some clarity on the matter. Perhaps some way of treating it? But nothing has come out as yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When i have a Deja VU i cant for the life of me shout out whats going to happen next as my brain is thinking ive already done this before and by the time my brain has thought of it with me being there before the time has passed and it would look silly for me to say it to anyone

does that make sense ? lol

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It could be like "sneak peak" or just memories becuase everything has already happened and is going to happen again. All this SETI crap is helping either. Anyways for some reason i have dreams that seem very very real. Fuk i cant even tell the difference and it scares me. At first i thought i had a good imagination but has these real dreams started coming true its been warping my thoughts alot.

If i have a dream and then a year later or a few months it comes true then this means a possiblty of a few things.

1.) Im Psychic....maybe
2.) That they are really memories of the past that are coming threw the "system"(matrix kinda system) and that the system is a form of fate.
3.) That we really have no choice, that no matter what we will end up being where we are supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
you don't think that deju vu has something to do with fate or destiny do you?

I know I don't!...I'm not crazy...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore...the world is changing so fast nothing's ever gonna be the same.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Art0_Saar1
ok theres Deja Vou and then theres my problem. Having dreams of my own future from my POV. These dreams show Exactly what im doing and where i do it before i have done it. Then once i get to that point in my life where the dream is coming true my brain starts to tingle and hurt kinda. not like a headache but like the brain itself. You have no idea how this has changed my view of life to that of the Matrix.

I get exactly the same thing snippits of POV weeks before the actual event where I get the deja vou. The snippits usualy last about 3mins in real time and don't show any usefull events. IE the snippit is very unremarkable like talking to a freind.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
yano the way ppl say u dream up to 4 times a night , but cant remember them, i believe this is what causes deja vu. you subconsiously dreamt of this moment b4, now it happens and u rember it form ur dream, hence youve seen it b4.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
what if life is just a test? And if we pass our test we get to move on to something else...but if we fail...we get our memories wiped and we have to do it again...and again...and again...until we get it right. Kind of like 'groundhog day' on a larger scale.
I get the feeling that I've failed at this current test so many times that there's some sort of imprint of all of my failures on my soul and it just seems like I treading the same ground. I hope that's not the case. Cos if I fail again...and have to live this bloody life again...I'm gonna kill myself....then I'll have to do it again probably...I really doubt that this is the case.

new topics

top topics

join