It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld May Have Ordered Children To Be Raped and Sodomized In Front Of Parents For Information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seymour Hersh says the US government has videotapes of boys being sodomized at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
"The worst is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking," the reporter told an ACLU convention last week. Hersh says there was "a massive amount of criminal wrongdoing that was covered up at the highest command out there, and higher."
www.dailykos.com...

And the full report on Children raped and sodomized to get their parents to give information, wether it was correct or just said to stop the soldiers from raping the children, Bush didn't care.
media.washingtonpost.com...

I know, "It's not Fox News!" But who are you going to believe, Woman Molestor O'Reily or your lying eyes?

[edit on 22-6-2006 by asala]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I know, "It's not Fox News!" But who are you going to believe, Woman Molestor O'Reily or your lying eyes?

How about niether?

How about getting a credible source for your first link.

As to your second link, I read it. it was an account from Abu Graib. That is one witness statement. We all know what went on there.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How F#@**%^g dare you even post something like this!

What about the 2 US soldiers who were tortured last week.

How about their screams when the terrorists cut their genitals off while they were still alive.

The soldiers torture is fact !

Your story is bull#.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

So, because 2 soldiers were tortured, it's ok for us to torture them and rape and sodomise them? How dare YOU!!!!!!

edit: BTW, abu graib was a long time before these 2 soldiers. Maybe the 2 soldiers were payback for all this crap? Think for yourself for once instead of letting fox news do it for you.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I honestly hope you are not so ignorant to believe that crappola. What about the 2 men that were just tortured and killed.
Come on that's crap and you know it. Post some actual evidence before posting this kind of garbage. I don't much care for rummy either but ...come on here.
Dime store theatrics and tabloid garbage is not evidence. These sources are not very vredible.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So, now the Washington Post is not reliable? I guess we can call Richard Nixon and tell him (if he weren't dead) that it's all a mistake. Woodward is not reliable. Go back to work.

I agree the Rumsfeld corrolation is not credible but the Washington Post is a very respected publication. And we do know that torture WAS in effect at Abu Graib. So, don't tell me I'm ignorant.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The soldiers torture is fact !

Where you There?

Your story is bull#.

Where you There also?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You do know what 'misinformation' means, right?

I mean, saying 'Person X order action Y", and then saying "some guy says Y happened", well, thats at least a let down, if not an outright lie.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yumi
Seymour Hersh says the US government has videotapes of boys being sodomized at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
"The worst is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking," the reporter told an ACLU convention last week. Hersh says there was "a massive amount of criminal wrongdoing that was covered up at the highest command out there, and higher."
www.dailykos.com...

And the full report on Children raped and sodomized to get their parents to give information, wether it was correct or just said to stop the soldiers from raping the children, Bush didn't care.
media.washingtonpost.com...

Mods...where are you at? Lock and ban...just lock and ban.

Washington Post?!!!! Daily KO's?!?!?!?! Are you serious?

And the biggest
of all...the ACLU.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So it is ok for your soldiers to rape and sodomize 14 year boys because they tortured two US Soldiers who had invaded their country?

I just want to make sure I got that right, it is ok for you to rape 14 year old children because two soldiers, men who were armed, in a country they had invaded, were killed?

Edit: The reporter has won multiple awards, he was the one to expose the Abu Ghraib Prison Scandal, something you still wouldn't know about if he hadn't reported it. He was also the first to report on the WMDs lie if I remember correctly, and other things. This man has spent decades exposing the truth, is a respected reporter for his in depth research and never say die attitude, how is he unreliable?

And again, I already said "I know it isn't Fox News." so you will dismiss the reports, the VIDEOS and AUDIO of children being raped.

Edit Again: Things Seymour Hersh has exposed.
The My Lai Massacre
Mordechai Vanunu and Robert Maxwell
Attack on Pharmaceutical Factory in Sudan
Abu Ghraib
In May 2004, Hersh published a series of articles describing the treatment of detainees by US military police at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad, Iraq. There are allegations that private contractors contributed to prisoner mistreatment and that intelligence agencies such as the CIA ordered torture in order to break prisoners for interrogations. There are also accusations that torture is a usual practice in other US prisons as well, e.g. in Afghanistan and Guantanamo. Hersh went on to publish an article claiming that the abuses were part of a secret interrogations program, known as "Copper Green", expanded to Iraq with the direct approval of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, in an attempt to deal with the growing insurgency there. Much of his material is based on the Army's own internal investigations.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Yumi]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Huge claim.

Evidence?

Without evidence, this says more about the source than the accused.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll buy into 6% of what the washington post says as accurate. But that's my own opinion. You may not have to like it but that's my opinion on it. Never said torture was a good thing either. I personally do not support torture, but aside from the little amounts of torture these butt heads had to put up with it pales to waht the iraqis have done and are doing to people. I figure that people who totally buy into anything that the media says are either blind or ignorant. So like it or not if the shoe fits. You may not like it but the post does not exactly impress me. Most all of the media that is pro either side of the aisle say what they want and manipulate facts and opinions. There is not a great deal of the media that impresses me anyway.
I meant also crappola about the post. These 2 men were brutilized and violently tortured. I honestly hope you are not planning on looking the mens families in the face and say to them, "it's okay."
They were tortured and that angers any civilized person. Dogs are treated better than what the bad guys deserve here. That's my own little opinion. But the post again is not the only source of information out there. After a few others come up with information then I'll buy it. Your first source is not reliable and the post would do anything to get at Bush. As for bush and comapany not caring- I think you are wrong. You prove me different in that opinion. I never bought the garbage about sodomy at all. That's all garbage. As for it being a payback - bite me!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

So, because 2 soldiers were tortured, it's ok for us to torture them and rape and sodomise them? How dare YOU!!!!!!

edit: BTW, abu graib was a long time before these 2 soldiers. Maybe the 2 soldiers were payback for all this crap? Think for yourself for once instead of letting fox news do it for you.

[edit on 6/22/2006 by Griff]

You are assuming that this happened. It didn't.

It would have been plastered all over the media years ago along with Abu.

Naked man and barking dogs compared to mutilation until death...

People just don't get it. From the Hanoi Hilton until now. Radicals are just running the show from the Middle East to the 'States.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Anon4this1]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So, now the Washington Post is not reliable? I guess we can call Richard Nixon and tell him (if he weren't dead) that it's all a mistake. Woodward is not reliable. Go back to work.

I agree the Rumsfeld corrolation is not credible but the Washington Post is a very respected publication. And we do know that torture WAS in effect at Abu Graib. So, don't tell me I'm ignorant.

New York Times=Washington Post=Wolf Blitzer et. al

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hold on, what are peoply denying here?

That peopel were abused at Abu Garaib?

Are you kidding?

Congress was shown pictures that they described as too horrible and sadistic to even release to the media. What has been released, is a small, 'more acceptable to the public' portion of what actually happened.

If people are swearing to have witnessed these things, there shoudl be an investigation, and if anyone did the stuff alleged in the WP pdf, they shoudl be shot.

So it is ok for your soldiers to rape and sodomize 14 year boys because they tortured two US Soldiers who had invaded their country?

What does that have to do with Rumsfeld ordering it, which is the topic of this thread, as you have created it?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Hold on, what are peoply denying here?

That peopel were abused at Abu Garaib?

Are you kidding?

Congress was shown pictures that they described as too horrible and sadistic to even release to the media. What has been released, is a small, 'more acceptable to the public' portion of what actually happened.

If people are swearing to have witnessed these things, there shoudl be an investigation, and if anyone did the stuff alleged in the WP pdf, they shoudl be shot.

What does that have to do with Rumsfeld ordering it, which is the topic of this thread, as you have created it?

Yeah, those naked men bugged me.

No, we were talking about the boys being sodomized in the prison. Not the naked dudes being humiliated to "wear them down".

Here's something 4 ya. Ask anyone on active flying status (USAF) about Fairchild and POW training. Ask if they were ever nude. If they answer "no" then they are lying.

Again, stop comparing apples to cut-up oranges. Stop sympathizing and start loathing and despising the true enemy of the civilized world. Rummy is not the enemy.

Otherwise, I hear Quebec is nice...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So, now the Washington Post is not reliable?

The Washington Post link is to an archived pdf. ‘document’…nothing more.

And the video as reported (also quoted and linked by the original source) does not contain Mr. Hersh speaking at 1:30:00 (although he does begin close to 1:07:00 as noted).

Furthermore...

The content and the information suggested as contained in his speech simply does not exist and if it does…I certainly can not find it within his speech.

mg

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon4this1

Again, stop comparing apples to cut-up oranges. Stop sympathizing and start loathing and despising the true enemy of the civilized world.

How patriotic of you.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In Case none of you decide to read what was Edited

Things Seymour Hersh has exposed.

The My Lai Massacre
Mordechai Vanunu and Robert Maxwell
Attack on Pharmaceutical Factory in Sudan
Abu Ghraib
In May 2004, Hersh published a series of articles describing the treatment of detainees by US military police at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad, Iraq. There are allegations that private contractors contributed to prisoner mistreatment and that intelligence agencies such as the CIA ordered torture in order to break prisoners for interrogations. There are also accusations that torture is a usual practice in other US prisons as well, e.g. in Afghanistan and Guantanamo. Hersh went on to publish an article claiming that the abuses were part of a secret interrogations program, known as "Copper Green", expanded to Iraq with the direct approval of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, in an attempt to deal with the growing insurgency there. Much of his material is based on the Army's own internal investigations.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...

ANd now to edit this, for those who skim and would miss the
the abuses were part of a secret interrogations program, known as "Copper Green", expanded to Iraq with the direct approval of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
He approved of them, he ordered it!

Seymour Hersh was also the first reporter to say we would not find WMDs.
He has won Polk Awards, and in 2004 won another award, over all he has won over a Dozen Respectable Awards, plus a few minor ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

The Washington Post link is to an archived pdf. ‘document’…nothing more.

What are you talking about? So, a document that was for "official use only" isn't reliable? I swear you Bush supporters have blinders on all the time. And they have the nerve to call me ignorant?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join