It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings calling my name

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me if they know what this means? Or if they have experienced it?

Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel? Whenever I go see to see if someone has called my name nothings there.

But I have to admit I never go far enough to look.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would love stuff like this to happen.
I have an array of ccameras and microphones ready.
But nothing..and I mean nothing ever happens to me...
no UFOs, no Sounds, no Ghosts....
Damn you guys are lucky.

Try and record it with something then post it here.
Ill ripit to shreds and see if there is anything on any level.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Can somebody tell me if they know what this means? Or if they have experienced it?

Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel? Whenever I go see to see if someone has called my name nothings there.

But I have to admit I never go far enough to look.

Actually I have experienced this myself when I use to do quite a few Seances(yrs back/not anymore)...at least once each day,and also did 'automatic writing'...which is holding a pencil/pen and having to ask questions to a spirit(supposedly, a spirit guide)
I heard voices that I 'thought' were my friends calling me to go out of the house.....the voices were similar to that of the film ''THE EXORCIST''....which quickly changed my mind to stop the seance....In which I did!
I also remembered that if a spirit calls you to them, giving them your permission to go to them, they have the ability to act as they will...so, this kinda scared me.

In my opinion, this was not an angel or spirits of dead people(my friends were alive!)but demons imitatating others voices...

is that of any help?
helen

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I get that all the time. Especially when I was doing drugs. I used to think it was some angel or god or something trying to get my attention but when I answered there was never a reply. Eventually I was diagnosed as psychotic and given pills. I take them all the time...heheh...it's like free drugs...but it doesn't stop it. Crazy eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamgamil
I get that all the time. Especially when I was doing drugs. I used to think it was some angel or god or something trying to get my attention but when I answered there was never a reply. Eventually I was diagnosed as psychotic and given pills. I take them all the time...heheh...it's like free drugs...but it doesn't stop it. Crazy eh?

That is a whole different situation of which you descibed...Above Quote///

The original poster , assuming that he/she knows that taking drugs can make people see/hear alot of wierd stuff, would not put this in the Paranormal thread, but seek help, as you did.

I myself never had done drugs!
Nor Alcohol....or taken any tablets, even for headaches!

helen....

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
and thankfully not often because it is extremely creepy.

Once I heard my name being called so distinctly that I woke really startled and more than a little confused as it was the wee hours and my kid was asleep.

Oddly the voice was my father's. He's been dead for over a decade.

A couple of times I heard female voices and had no idea whom they might belong to.

I'm thinking just dreams in my case...

If I heard my name being called while awake, and knowing I was alone in the apartment, with all windows and doors shut...I think I'd be outta the house pretty quickly...

Flee first ask questions later. Although it depends of course as to whether it happened more than once in a short time frame...like a few minutes apart or something.

I'd look to see who or what might be calling...if it continued I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stay for long...

I have a name that sounds like/rhymes with other things and it can be funny when I answer to someone elses pet name LOL...

I agree that drugs can play some auditory tricks...do you have an answering machine on somewhere with the volume down low? (silly question but still It has happened...)

Don't run yet...but maybe look around a bit more if it bothers you and if you're not to freaked out by it.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"I myself never had done drugs!
Nor Alcohol....or taken any tablets, even for headaches!"

Well helen, congrats for you but I'm not that strong. Maybe I did take drugs but that doesn't mean that my experience was any less real than yours. Maybe your brain is naturally induced with drugs so that's why your crazy. Maybe you need more drugs to sort out the natural drugs that are making you hear crazy stuff. eh? Did yer think about that one did yer?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
In cases like this I always ask how old the subject is, please do not lie as it does help in us understanding what is going on in your life and attempt to help you. Setting aside the psycho-pharmaceutical babble, I would have to say that any voice that is legitimately not a product of your own psyche could not be a helpful entity. Those protecting us, if you'd like to call them angels then sobeit, I call them spirit guides; do not need to make themselves known to our waking conscious. Those that speak to use while awake can only affect us at a lower level of awareness such as being awake, as crazy as that sounds to many. I think you would do well to ignore these voices and perhaps, if their is no medical explanation, confront them to the fact that they have no power over you and you will not grant them any. Positive entities have no reason to affirm their presence to you in a state of consciousness where you would be able to relay it to us on ATS without advanced work such as lucid, OOBE, and deep meditation. Then again maybe you have trained yourself in such fields, give us more information.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamgamil
"I myself never had done drugs!
Nor Alcohol....or taken any tablets, even for headaches!"

Well helen, congrats for you but I'm not that strong. Maybe I did take drugs but that doesn't mean that my experience was any less real than yours. Maybe your brain is naturally induced with drugs so that's why your crazy. Maybe you need more drugs to sort out the natural drugs that are making you hear crazy stuff. eh? Did yer think about that one did yer?

hi gamgamil/
You are jumping to the wrong conclusions here.
First of all, I did not say that my experience was better then anyones!
Nor did I say this was a good thing,but told an experience that had happened to me..
Secondly......you said

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
so just cos you no longer hear voices means that your better than me. huh? Is that what your saying? cos if that's what your saying than I think you should just come out an say it!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Seance is a very loaded term, don't ya think Helen? I am in total agreement with what I think you are implying, that all forms of divination without adequate protection and training is like playing baseball with grenades as the ball. But they can serve there purpose when adequately understood and persued. Yet I'm going to jump to conclusions which I hope are wrong, judging by your signature, that anything that is not in the Bible is apocrypha. (Yes I am a Christian.)

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
ATS isn't very fond of this form of posting. the TOS states fairly clearly and makes an interesting read.

Your post is both rude and ineffective. It detracts from another's personal experience and can only be cinsidered "bait".

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
baphomet, sorry i didn't read your post. But I've been told pretty much what you said. I was told to ignore the voices as they can only be harmful. Although that hasn't stopped the buggers. I'm a twenty one year old. And I'd like this stuff to stop but, poo, it's not going to happen any time soon.
ps
does baphomet mean sofia?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
just generic seems in a bad mood. what her problem? time of the month?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well first I'm going to come out and say, gamgamil that directly assaulting/ trolling any member of ATS no matter how old or new is going to get you into trouble. Considering you've only been a member for a few days; the key to not being a pariah of ATS is keeping a civil tone with everyone despite their views. Deny Ignorance, whether it comes from someone else or yourself; the only reason this site is so succesful is that people from differing schools of thought are capable of presenting their beliefs.

Now to get to your post, do you have a religious practice? I'm only a few years older than you and thus believe that it is not solely in your "head," if what you say is the truth. First, how long have you been experiencing these voices? Have you experimented with anything along the lines of a Ouija Board, one of my previous posts mentioned Divination, which Ouija is an assumed harmless insturment of such practices.

Basically, can you think of any reason why these voices would speak to you?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
P.S. my username of Baphomet has multiple meanings to me and basically everyone who researches the name. Yes Baphomet is a Hebrew translation of the Gnostic Sophia. I'm a Gnostic Christian so part of my reasoning behind choosing the name came from there; but I am also a Mason, and thus my interest in the Knights Templar led me to choose the name because of the ruse of the early Catholic Church in an attempt to seize Templar assets across Western Europe.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Okay firstly i apologise if I came across as a bit grumpy. no offence intended to all involved.
Baphomet. I have never been religious but i'm starting to get interested in that area. Not any religioun specifically, just different ideas. Philosophy I guess. I've never done ouiji stuff either. I don't know why it happens. It's very random. Often I'm with other people. They can never hear it. It's got to the point where its a joke. I'll be with my close friends, then i'll hear something and look around. immediately they laugh because they know what has happened. Scince has explained my problem with paranoia. Extreme paranoia. I'm willing to accept that sometimes but other times...i'm not too sure. crazy. That's all I can say. But hey I've learnt to deal with it. All's I'm saying is it's no big deal. It's not cryptic message. I guess that's why I got a little shirty earlier because of the previous posts being all "ooohh it's mysterious". Is it? What is? Hearing voices? Nope that's fairly common as far as i've heard.
ehehe sorry i'm getting alittle angry again, but I noticed it. which is a good sign.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
First off for you to know the term Baphomet is Hebrew for Sophia implies either you're Israeli (likely given your spelling,) know your Gnosticism (like me,) or have a real fascination for kabalistic text which would generally mean Jewish upbringing of a very devout nature. But I know what you mean in having a general interest in religion.

I'm just going to throw this out there; and I forget current U2U policy on ATS with you being new, so if you would like to/ can send it privately, have you been on any medications for this psychosis?

I don't know what to make of your situation, the whole knowing the translation of Baphomet implies you do your research, yet some of what you say seems to be explainable by science not the psycho-spiritual realm.

I know it seems all I do is ask questions; but have you physically seen anything? This is excluding voices, something that you can 100% say I was awake for this and I saw it happen. Once again I ask, how long have you heard these voices, VERY IMPORTANT question.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I would love stuff like this to happen.
I have an array of ccameras and microphones ready.
But nothing..and I mean nothing ever happens to me...
no UFOs, no Sounds, no Ghosts....
Damn you guys are lucky.

Try and record it with something then post it here.
Ill ripit to shreds and see if there is anything on any level.

I'm 22 and saw a ghost once for about 10 seconds. It was amazing but I'm not sure if it would be likely for me to have a video camera pointing that direction in that room and on at that point. Although I believe because I've experienced first hand 'paranormal' events, I'm sure I would be a 'skeptic' otherwise. I feel I'm lucky though in a way.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ya you are lucky, I read stuff like this all the time...sorry for being off topic.....
I do see alot of shooting stars, dont know if thats luck or just because Im always
outside looking for the strange lights. I live right near a westchester airport approach and know what a plane looks like. I look at almost every light I see, go into every dark corner I can, but nothing. O wells, I hope the person that started this thread gets to record something so I can diagnose it in the digital world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join