It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings calling my name

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From the OT, first book of Samuel;

1 Samuel KJV
3:4 That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

3:5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

3:6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

3:7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.

3:8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.

3:9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Could be there is an important vision waiting for you.

3:11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

3:12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

3:13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

3:14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.

3:15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.

3:16 Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am I.

3:17 And he said, What is the thing that the LORD hath said unto thee? I pray thee hide it not from me: God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any thing from me of all the things that he said unto thee.

3:18 And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.

3:19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

3:20 And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD.

Could be there is important work waiting to be done by you. I recommend reading 1 and 2 Samuel, and 1 and 2 Kings in the OT, at least, if you haven't already. If it makes sense and catches your interest, read the whole Bible.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondernut

Originally posted by wildcat
Can somebody tell me if they know what this means? Or if they have experienced it?

Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel? Whenever I go see to see if someone has called my name nothings there.

But I have to admit I never go far enough to look.

yea, your schizophrenic...
seriously, the majority of people that hear "voices" hear a male voice because famle voices are more complex.
cognews.com...

just somehting to keep in mind when god or satan, both historically male, audiably tell you to do something...

[edit on 21-6-2006 by wondernut]

I mostly hear female voices but about me being schizophrenic, well Ill keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I don't get to hear my named called often, but occationaly, yes.

Don't worry that you never went to look - trust me, you won't see a thing. lol

When our attention is focused in a 'non focused' way, like when watching tv, it is easier to pick up on things. And when we hear of see something then try to focus on it - woops, it's gone. It's hard to pay attention to something without focusing on it.

I have gotten something for you.
I don't know how to tell you, it didn't come in words. So maybe you'll understand what I'm getting at by what ever rambles come from this - forgive me, some times it's tricky.

When you see a person (not sure if it's tv or real life) - you think they look like so-and-so, or they remind you of so-and-so. Somethng they do or say reminds you of so-and-so. Would you write this info down as it happens please? Just a little jot, nothing much more than the name of the person this stranger reminded you of.
It's important.

Also, for no reason you find yourself humming or singing a song in your head. Not the whole song eve, just certain parts or words over and over - or the tune is stuck in your head. You haven't heard that sone in a while and don't know why you are thinking about it. Would you jot that down to please?

Your list might be nothing more than several names or the same name several times and a few song titles or verses or words. This is ok. We just want to look at the information your getting and not noticing.

Also, there is a color that stands out to you more than others. As you drive down the road and flowers are growing - there is a certain color (weather it be the color of the flower or paint on a car or house etc) that stands out to you. Now that I've mentioned it, be careful not to 'try' to 'pick a color', but see if you can just notice it. Will you jot that down to?

I'm not getting any real information for you, but I am getting that you are given information and aren't noticing it. That's how it works for most people. It's not that they don't get information, it's that they don't realise it.

Will you get back to me in few days and tell me what you got?

Well Im not sure what kind of information you wish to hear from me but I can tell you it happens when there are no noises around like electronics sending off sound waves, nothing. It always seems like its coming from one place, in my laundry room. And sometimes it seems it is coming from my other room where I placed the picture I mentioned in my "Black Orb Attacks Me" post. Well if this is really a spirit I hope it has nothing to do with that picture that keeps chaning its color and what you see on it.

One time I took a digital picture of it and you dont want to know what I saw.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by wildcat
Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel?

If you are hearing things, its more likely that its a delusion than an angel. Have you been to a psychiatrist?

Maybe it could be a delusion, Im not concluding anything right now Im keeping an open mind and looking for answers. Maybe I should follow the voice next time. Also one more thing I would like to point out. When I hear the voice it doesnt stop after it speaks one time, it does it over and over again for a while then it stops.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I would love stuff like this to happen.
I have an array of ccameras and microphones ready.
But nothing..and I mean nothing ever happens to me...
no UFOs, no Sounds, no Ghosts....
Damn you guys are lucky.

Try and record it with something then post it here.
Ill ripit to shreds and see if there is anything on any level.

I dont want any cameras or microphones b/c I fear I might discover something in my house, I try not to take picturee of my room or anything in my room where the orb attacked me. But I notice out of two pictures I have taken, one on the picture in the frame and one in my room they all have white clouds around them.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
Hi everyone, I don't know if you guys are Christians... About the spirits/ghosts/, the Bible doesn't say if you die you are going to wander the earth in spirit form!?! You are in a "deep sleep" until Jesus returns for Judgement Day, not alive in another dimension! \

That's right
I love that you point this stuff out.

I use to be confused about this too. Because it does say our soul sleeps and waits till judgement day, and it does say our body will be raised and glorified at judgent day... I use to wonder how it was that I was having these expereiences and such, yet the bible - I know to be a fact - is 100% true.

Then it dawned on me during a wen. night class at church ... I forget what the sermon was on, but we had read several verses and it talked about the spirit and the soul. Until this point I guess I thought maybe the soul and the spirit were used interchangabley... but they wer speaking of BOTH of these things! It made sence to me and I was relieved to read other passages speaking of us being surrounded by wittnesses (spiritualy speaking).

And I should point out that we are not suppose to be trying to contact them or ask for their help or ask for their guidance - Our God is a jealous God and he wants us to come to Him and Him alone for our requests and guidance.

Now if we get messages, are comforted, can see, feel, smell, understand those already passed, I feel it is a blessing. But that's when these things are given to us, not when someone tries to conjer such things.

Thanks again Saidar, keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondernut
a woman's voics is pretty rare to hear
due to this im inclined to believe someone (thing?) was warning you in this case
an extreem rarity for me, being rather skeptic of most everything paranormal

I read this statement and was thinking - accept for on one occation, all the times I heard in such a way that is sounded like a sound heard with the physical ear, I couldn't say it sounded male or female. I 'knew', some of the time, but only once did I hear it as a female voice.

Just thought I'd thought that in incase someone comes around swooping up information for research or something. I do with there was a way to research this kind of thing on a 100% certainty that things were true basis.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this is actually pretty cool that you posted on this subject because my brother and I were talking about this not too long ago. We were talking about some of the stuff that has happened in our house and we both admitted to hearing our names being called and no one (of my family) had called us.

For example, I'll be in my room doing whatever and I'll hear my name being called. Usually it sounds like my mom calling me but sometimes it sounds like my brother (both of them are still alive and living under the same roof). When I go downstairs to see what they want, they look confused and say they never called me. Sometimes no one will even be home, or they are already asleep.

I know its not my mom messing with my head cause I've never told her about this. It hasn't happened in a while so I don't know what that means but it used to happen all the time. Perhaps the spirit gave up? Maybe it wasn't a spirit at all but a figment of my imagination. But I strongly lean towards it being a spirit due to other things that have happened in my house and the fact that I wasn't the only one experiencing this.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My son and I have the same experience. He comes into the kitchen and will say
What? I'm usually dumbfounded because I didn't call him. And vice versa when I ask him what he wants and he didn't call out to me. I kinda of figured our house is too quiet and our mind is playing tricks on us.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by witchof43
My son and I have the same experience. He comes into the kitchen and will say
What? I'm usually dumbfounded because I didn't call him. And vice versa when I ask him what he wants and he didn't call out to me. I kinda of figured our house is too quiet and our mind is playing tricks on us.

This post suddenly reminded me of another weird 'voice' experience. It was a good bit different from the one I mentioned in my earlier post, and until now I had not connected the two. ( My first one was about the woman's voice from the bathroom with the rat) In that instance, I did not hear the voice out loud, but only in my mind.

We had moved to another, newer house, and my son was about three years old.
( He did not speak very plainly, ( boo bankey or boo bank bank for blue blanket) and I had the habit of stressing correct pronunciation, and repeating what he said with an exaggerated slowness. )

He was playing in the next room, just around the doorway from where I was quietly folding clothes......when I heard a tiny, childish, yet PERFECT, " Say blank-et! Say bl-ank-et!!" ( This was audible, out loud) Of course my jaw dropped.....the little varmint! Could he be 'playin' me?? At three??

I leaped around the corner with, "aha, caught you!......now say it again!" At the time, I thought that shocked look on his face was because I had startled him, but he did not (would not, could not?) repeat the phrase I had just heard. Now I wonder if that look on his face was surprise from hearing the same 'voice' that I had. ( He never said he'd heard the voice, but maintained for years that HE had NOT said that!)

PS....After that, he was no more 'demon seed' that other little boys, tho for a while I was a bit worried......

Perhaps those two voices had the same source??

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I keep hearing it everyday 24-7. Mostly upstairs on the second floor and a little on the first but I dont recall any in my basement. But there is something going on down there I will explain now.

My dog always goes nuts and squeels and gets all wild going all over the place and stares at this one spot always and I try to take her eyes off of it but she keeps turning back and shakes. I dont know if this as ever happened to you but the lights go out not normal in my basement. Lights are supposed to go out in a flash and then its over well not in this case. The lights in my basement go out in so weird ways almost random places and even if you put a new lightbulb in it goes out right away sometimes. It goes out by a very loud noise like electric and sometimes flashes like a lightning bolt. Onetime I almost thought I saw a lightning bolt coming out of a light. The noise gets loud and it gets really bright. Funny how it gets bright when it goes out. Well then two things happen (one of them only happened once) I turn the light switch to OFF and turn it back on and then its out. Or this only happened once where the noise got louder andf louder and it got really white and I kinda saw smoke cloude coming out of it then it goes out. Now my basement is finished with a nice granite bar and a big screen High Def tv. And this cannot be a wireing fault b/c it happens in random places and when it happens it gets kindov colder like air brushing against you with no fan. I heard somewhere granite is supposed to attrack ghosts well if that true this is whats happening. I always feel a presence down there. It seems like its angry or something. If my house is haunted then it would come from me b/c of the strange sence that ghosts follow me around everywhere I go b/c it gets cold when its on a hot day. But it cant be, it just cant. My house is new, I got it brand new made for me over no whatsoever indian burial grave. But there is in fact one about 4 miles down the road where there is construction going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
From the OT, first book of Samuel;

1 Samuel KJV
3:4 That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

3:5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

3:6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

3:7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.

3:8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.

3:9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Could be there is an important vision waiting for you.

3:11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

3:12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

3:13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

3:14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.

3:15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.

3:16 Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am I.

3:17 And he said, What is the thing that the LORD hath said unto thee? I pray thee hide it not from me: God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any thing from me of all the things that he said unto thee.

3:18 And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.

3:19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

3:20 And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the LORD.

Could be there is important work waiting to be done by you. I recommend reading 1 and 2 Samuel, and 1 and 2 Kings in the OT, at least, if you haven't already. If it makes sense and catches your interest, read the whole Bible.

Well it could be true b/c thats practicaly what my life is.

That can be associated with my house in someway.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have heard and seen some very strange things, also. You might want to read some of Dr. Lester Sumrall's books on demonic activity. Many times people think that angels are visiting them and talking to them, but Lester thinks that these are demonic spirits, familiar spirits, that can mimic a person. He was a missionary all over the world, and encountered many strange spirits, etc.

A few months ago, I fell asleep in my recliner. I woke up at 4:00 a.m., and thought I heard 2 men talking. Even after I opened my eyes, I heard 2 men talking. My cat was next to me, and she woke up and her ears went back, like she heard it, too. I got up and checked outside, and all over the house, and there was no one there. I don't understand why I heard this.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I am a Nondenominational Christian which just means I go strictly by the Bible and don't recognize (I don't mean this in a critical way to denominational Christians) denomination.

If an Angel wanted to contact you, it would not play games such as this. The Angel may call you away from something that has your attention but only to ensure total focus on why they are there.

This being said, if you are really hearing an audible voice from another room or area calling your name I would go from room to room and pray at each doorway. You want whatever it is to know it is not welcome in your home by calling on the name of Jesus Christ to cast out whatever it may be.

In my family we don't even wait for something. If one of us moves to a new place, that's one of the first things we do to bless the home and protect it.

I want to clarify that this is my belief and I am by no means trying to force this on you. It is up to you as to how you want to handle it.

Be Well & God Bless!

I dont know any prayers

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wild, I'd say you have some heavy demonic activity that will not gp away. I grew up in a house like this. It was the house and nothing that we did made them go away. We had to move. To this day I have nightmares about thta home where I warn the new homeowners what they are in store for and it was damn scary!

Did your house sit empty of for a period of time?

For now leave a bible open in any room that you feel it open to any page in Pslams, but perferably Psalms 18. It will work,

You do need to go from every room and command them to leave in the name of the Lord or Jesus Christ or in the name of God.

Unfuntately, they will come back if it's something in your house. Walk among your possessions and see it there is something there that could be attracting them...You will feel it.. probably masks, and or figurines of questionale nature. Toss them.

I grew up with this and am more than willling to help.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The voices sound like they are in the wind, and they want me but I go to see and nothings there. If it wants me why doesnt it show itself. Everyone else says its either a dream and mostly they say I'm hallucinating. But all this stuff just recently happened. Whenenver I feel something touching my leg I try to imagine that it is an insect. Last night, no one was in the house and I went downstiars and noticed an extreme drop in temperature, I felt there was a presence there and got spooked. Almost all the lights were off except the TV. Also when I was sleeping or was trying to sleep I kept hearing this sqeauky noise and I kept seeing either this red/orange streak of light or a purple cloud. I kept wondering what it was. At first I thought I was imaginig things then I heard it again and again and again. Then I prayed to make it go away and it went away. I prayed for a protector and the protector must of made it go away. I kind of felt the protector as I was laying down. All that time it was never cold, I reckon this thing must of didnt care for me or wanted nothing to do with me. It sounded like a high pitched call of some bug but how come I kept seeing things when the lights were on, a purple cloud or a streak of light. Well at least the protector made it go away.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whatever is living in my house, I must of summoned it or it just came to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Unfuntately, they will come back if it's something in your house. Walk among your possessions and see it there is something there that could be attracting them...You will feel it.. probably masks, and or figurines of questionale nature. Toss them.

I grew up with this and am more than willling to help.

Well I dont recall any antiqe things being in my house, but theres a very good chance there is one or more. I made some masks before by myself with just craft stuff you buy at the store. I have mostly bought stuff in my house and some things from germany. But two things come in mind that might be causing all of this. 1.) The heavy granite in my basement which I have alot of it and its supposed to attract ghosts. 2.) The devil horn tomato that grew in my garden and I didnt buy it from the store. Tomatos dont look like that, its unatural. Well all of this comes to a conclusion that I dont want it to be true. A poltergeist is in my house and only shows itself to me. They are supposed to be associated with one person right?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im just doing this to get it back into myATS b/c it got
deleted.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im just doing this to get it back into myATS b/c it got
deleted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join