It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings calling my name

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am a Nondenominational Christian which just means I go strictly by the Bible and don't recognize (I don't mean this in a critical way to denominational Christians) denomination.

If an Angel wanted to contact you, it would not play games such as this. The Angel may call you away from something that has your attention but only to ensure total focus on why they are there.

This being said, if you are really hearing an audible voice from another room or area calling your name I would go from room to room and pray at each doorway. You want whatever it is to know it is not welcome in your home by calling on the name of Jesus Christ to cast out whatever it may be.

In my family we don't even wait for something. If one of us moves to a new place, that's one of the first things we do to bless the home and protect it.

I want to clarify that this is my belief and I am by no means trying to force this on you. It is up to you as to how you want to handle it.

Be Well & God Bless!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
could possibly be a spirit, when i was youinger and my family lived in an apartment there was a little kid spirit there, we used to always hear our names being called when no one was home, myself included, or like you said a guardian angel

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Can somebody tell me if they know what this means? Or if they have experienced it?

Theres this voice that calls out my name when no ones in my house or I have my doors shut in the room Im in. It sounds like someone I know. Could this be an angel? Whenever I go see to see if someone has called my name nothings there.

But I have to admit I never go far enough to look.

yea, your schizophrenic...
seriously, the majority of people that hear "voices" hear a male voice because famle voices are more complex.
cognews.com...

just somehting to keep in mind when god or satan, both historically male, audiably tell you to do something...

[edit on 21-6-2006 by wondernut]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I was younger this sort of thing happened fairly often. The voice(s) were not audible, that is I knew they were 'in my head' rather than 'out loud', and they did not sound like anyone that I knew. My Grandmother told me that it was my conscience just scolding me for something. LOL! So I just pretty much shrugged it off as my 'imagination'. Around the time I moved away from home, they seemed to stop.

I grew up in old houses, ours was around a hundred years old, my Gram's was over 200......the places I lived after that were fairly new. Perhaps the older places had more 'stored' energy or more spirits that wanted to speak??

When I got married, we moved into a house that was not so old, but had been rented out by the owner's children after she had died.......I never could get them to say whether she had actually died in the house or not, so I suspect she might have.

We lived there for a year or so before the birth of our first child. When he was just a few months old, the two of us were there alone one night ( my husband was a firefighter and worked nights). I had put him to bed and was walking from his room, past the bathroom, to go to bed myself........when I 'heard' a woman's voice, speak my name very insistently!! It was so strong and urgent sounding that I did actually respond with, "What?!" It seemed to come from the bathroom, so I carefully opened the door and turned on the light, of course I found no one there.

A few days later, I came face to face with a HUGE, wet rat.....(the wharf type, bigger than lab rats, more like a full sized cat). It was sitting on the toilet with TEETH bared!! We started looking for another house the next day, and till we moved out we never left the baby in any room by himself!!

Say what you will, but in this instance, I believe the old lady was trying to warn me about the danger that lurked in that house, and might have been hiding in the bath that very night!!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
Hi everyone, I don't know if you guys are Christians... About the spirits/ghosts/, the Bible doesn't say if you die you are going to wander the earth in spirit form!?! You are in a "deep sleep" until Jesus returns for Judgement Day, not alive in another dimension! I truely believe in paranormal "beings", but they are not your grandpa trying to give you a scare, they are either demons or angels. And if you are not a strong believer, the chance that an "encounter" with a paranormal being is going to be a demon, NOT an angel. I once spoke to a priest about this subject and he told me that you can't "see" or "sense" angels if you are not a strong believer. So beware, never mess with the spiritual world if you don't know what you are doing, you could me messing with demons...

About the strange voices... This also sometimes happen to me, but go and ask all your friends about this, I think most of them will tell you the same has happened to them before. I believe it's just our imagination. Don't take something like this serious, our brains are complicated organs. Any chemical imbalance can make you hear stuff and imagine stuff.

actually your spirit would ascend (descend?) into either heaven or sheol hades (purgatory?)
you see, in the old days (before christ) people dies and went to sheol
sheol was split into 2 camps seperated by a great chasim, paradise and hades
god's people went to paradise and others to hades
jesus died and descended to paradise, then ascended to heaven with the people of paradise, leaving behind the people of hades

different translations exist, but the seemingly most corrct one for hades is the place of the dead, not the place of eternal suffering
biblia.com...

in the end days christ will return and raise the dead from the grave (hades) to be judged and either let into heaven or cast into the lake of fire (hell)

the "let into heaven" part there is my theory, but based on this knowledge:
god is just, therefore he would never give a mock trial
given this there must be meaning behind judging the people of hades at the end times rather than at the point of their death
assuming there is meaning to the judgment then the judged will either be innocent and allowed into heaven or damned and cast into to hell.

as for the voices though, i firmly believe they are just in your head, ever seen a beautiful mind?
i used to see things in the middle of the night when i was a kid
i woke up one time and there was a wolf at the dinner table sitting like a person and turning his head looking at me.
i got up and watched it as i snuck past it into my parents room to be safe with them
the next day my mom told me she had something simular happen when she was a kid but it was an army shooting at her

given the family history i have to asusme it was (is) a mild form of schizophrenia, which i have heard often is found in patients with tourettes syndrome, which i have been diagnosed with an extreemly mild case of as have both my parents.

my advice is to go get checked out by your doctor and read up on the diseases so you'll know what to look for.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
We lived there for a year or so before the birth of our first child. When he was just a few months old, the two of us were there alone one night ( my husband was a firefighter and worked nights). I had put him to bed and was walking from his room, past the bathroom, to go to bed myself........when I 'heard' a woman's voice, speak my name very insistently!! It was so strong and urgent sounding that I did actually respond with, "What?!" It seemed to come from the bathroom, so I carefully opened the door and turned on the light, of course I found no one there.

A few days later, I came face to face with a HUGE, wet rat.....(the wharf type, bigger than lab rats, more like a full sized cat). It was sitting on the toilet with TEETH bared!! We started looking for another house the next day, and till we moved out we never left the baby in any room by himself!!

a woman's voics is pretty rare to hear
due to this im inclined to believe someone (thing?) was warning you in this case
an extreem rarity for me, being rather skeptic of most everything paranormal

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's alright pal. I hear this female voice in my ear whispering my name. =/ It's terribly annoying. It happens when I least expect it. Even when I'm with people, they don't hear the voice but I do. So therefore, I've come to the conclusion, that I might be mentally unstable, or someone is playing a trick on me, or it's supposed to guide me. I dunno anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Regarding names being called. I have never had my name being called but I have heard loud claps in my room and even loud gong sounds. I am sure it's paranormal.

Same here. I was reading peoples posts about voices but sometimes I awake in the morning to startling noises like claps or gong like buzzes. Don't know what to think. I've never thought of it as paranormal just some mechanism in my brain. But I really have no idea. I have never heard voices.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's a common auditory hallucination. (sp? I'm quite spellblind, sorry.)

When I hear my name called, it's usually in the voice of a friend whom I've known since grade school. It often happens when I'm "vegging out".

We think of sounds as being something coming from outside of ourselves. But "sounds" are merely vibrations in the air that our brains turn into sounds. When we hear a voice call our name it's probably just a "wake-up" call from our brains, using the familiar voice of a dear one that it remembers very well.

When I hear that voice it is either coming from behind me or from no discernable direction at all. That's when -- within a milisecond -- that I know that it was only in my head. My guess is that it triggered by fatique and a realization that something is yet undone, i.e.: "wake up and go to bed, dummy."

Hearing a woman's voice coming distinctly from the bathroom is a new one on me, though. Very interesting, that.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I would love stuff like this to happen.
I have an array of ccameras and microphones ready.
But nothing..and I mean nothing ever happens to me...
no UFOs, no Sounds, no Ghosts....
Damn you guys are lucky.

Try and record it with something then post it here.
Ill ripit to shreds and see if there is anything on any level.

Well one thing about ghosts, I found this tomato in my yard with devil horns. I hope it doesnt turn out to be like that story where the family had a skull with horns and it terrorized their family with poltergeist ways.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Being as young as you are it is understandable that something like this can be upsetting, especially after seeing all the posts about demons and such. Those things happen in the movies, not very often in real life. I would be more concerned about being attacked by an alligator in the desert than having to deal with demons. I believe that those who talked about the brain doing weird but harmless things are most likely on the mark and you shouldn't worry. I have two stories from female relatives:
1) one kept hearing 'Helen, come here' in her head. It bothered her not knowing why but there were no further developments and she was a completely sane person. I believe that there was just some short circuit in the wiring in her brain that produced this, my guess is that this was something she had heard someone say and it got programmed into her brain. There are many documented cases of strange things happening in the speech center of the brain, such as people who get hit on the head and for the rest of their lives speak with a foreign accent, I saw some of them on TV just a while ago.
2) Obviously if the nature of the voices changes then it would be good to get medical advice but I don't think that this is in any way a pre-cursor of other problems. The difference with sane and mentally disturbed people is that the former asks 'why do I hear this' and the latter think it is perfectly normal. Another relative worked with troubled kids, many of whom heard voices telling them that the voices would stop if the kids did something like hurt themselves or others.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I too sometimes have someone calling my name, but it only ever happens in bed when Im drifting off to sleep.

Very faintly I hear my name being called and I wake up, but not quite wake up, as Im not actually aslepp, if you get my meaning.

Its kinda strange, and does make me think what its about.
I dont think its ghosts or anything supernatural, but I have no idea why my mind would replay the sound of my name being called as I fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have twice in my life heard a soft, whispering, faintly familiar, feminine voice say my name when no one else was present. It's only happened twice, and each time it was following "non-standard" experiences in my life. I was totally wide awake and lucid at the time. (Well... as wide awake as I get lol.)

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I also wanted to mention that mild schizophrenia is not all that uncommon in children. I had it when I was very young and often heard voices when I would go to bed. I have related this before here but I thought it was quite normal and thought everyone dealt with this. As I grew older these episodes stopped.

In my last post I gave my Faith related answer but to be perfectly honest I believe that 99.9% of the time these voices can be attributed to something quite normal.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackbayou
Being as young as you are it is understandable that something like this can be upsetting, especially after seeing all the posts about demons and such. Those things happen in the movies, not very often in real life. I would be more concerned about being attacked by an alligator in the desert than having to deal with demons. I believe that those who talked about the brain doing weird but harmless things are most likely on the mark and you shouldn't worry. I have two stories from female relatives:
1) one kept hearing 'Helen, come here' in her head. It bothered her not knowing why but there were no further developments and she was a completely sane person. I believe that there was just some short circuit in the wiring in her brain that produced this, my guess is that this was something she had heard someone say and it got programmed into her brain. There are many documented cases of strange things happening in the speech center of the brain, such as people who get hit on the head and for the rest of their lives speak with a foreign accent, I saw some of them on TV just a while ago.
2) Obviously if the nature of the voices changes then it would be good to get medical advice but I don't think that this is in any way a pre-cursor of other problems. The difference with sane and mentally disturbed people is that the former asks 'why do I hear this' and the latter think it is perfectly normal. Another relative worked with troubled kids, many of whom heard voices telling them that the voices would stop if the kids did something like hurt themselves or others.

No Im not that upset, really not that upset. Everytime I hear them I go look and forget about it. I wrote this topic b/c I wanted to know what people think. Out of all the horror movies I see, none of them are scary to me. I watch horror movies with my friends and they all say they were scary but I say it wasnt. The only thing that is truely scary to me is real video tapes of ghosts and all that stuff is supposed to be real. But I always consider the fact that they could possibly be fake or hoaxes - (meaning stories that are made up).

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Im starting to conclude the fact that my mind is playing tricks on me out of all the evidence I have seen.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No Im not that upset, really not that upset. Everytime I hear them I go look and forget about it. I wrote this topic b/c I wanted to know what people think. Out of all the horror movies I see, none of them are scary to me. I watch horror movies with my friends and they all say they were scary but I say it wasnt. The only thing that is truely scary to me is real video tapes of ghosts and all that stuff is supposed to be real. But I always consider the fact that they could possibly be fake or hoaxes - (meaning stories that are made up).

Oh, and how young do you think I am? Im old enough to not automatically conclude that these things are real. I always consider the fact that they may be fake.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Oh, and how young do you think I am? Im old enough to not automatically conclude that these things are real. I always consider the fact that they may be fake.

Me too about the wilderness, wolves, bears, black widow spiders. Everytime I paintballing with my friends I always have the gut feeling about a bear so I be carefull not to go off very far as though I have heard wolves at night before when we go paintballing in his place in the woods far, far away from any city.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wildcat/

Hi,
If I may ask you a qustion?
Have you ever involved yourself with the occult?
It doesn't have to be 'black magic' doing rituals and stuff, any form of occult can trigger this...
As i said previously(unlike smart a** comments from some)the voices i did hear, were because I was doing a seance at the time, and asked to receive some sort of answer, and that answer came in voices.....

To me, i did not reply or go follow the voices because it scared me and because I knew that it did not feel right.

Nothing much scares me in horror movies,except for a few jumps and thinking back to when i did seances.

take care/
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Can somebody tell me if they know what this means?

A few weeks back on TAPS - Ghost Hunters - Grant had his named
called out to him during an investigation. He said that it's NEVER a
good thing or a comforting thing to have happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join