It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll of ATS Members' Political Ideology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This Poll is designed to get an idea of the current political climate on ATS as we approach this very interesting mid-term election. My goal is to discover whether or not I am correct in my assumption that Conservative doesn't necessarily equate to Bush Support. Conversely, I'm interested to confirm that a Bush critic doesn't necessarily equate to a liberal mindset.

I'd also be interested in a few of your particular political views that cause you to consider yourself as either a conservative, a liberal or neither.

Please answer with the letter that most closely (generally) corresponds to your current political ideology and opinion of this administration. Thank you.

A - Conservative - Support the Bush Administration

B - Conservative - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

C - Liberal - Support the Bush Administration

D - Liberal - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

E - Neither Liberal nor Conservative - Support the Bush Administration

F - Neither Liberal nor Conservative - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

No Debate Please! I know that's asking for a lot, but I'd really appreciate you starting another thread if you feel the need to debate. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
F - Neither Liberal nor Conservative - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

I consider myself neither liberal nor conservative because I believe in:

Personal Liberty (I support gay marriage and I am pro-choice, etc.)
Separation of Church and State
The Constitution
Firearm Ownership
Strict Border Control (Illegal immigrants should be removed from the USA)

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Im definately F\

I support gay marriage. I support gun ownership. I support decreasing the federal government by a huge amount. local government should run things. I support civil rights. I support border control for people trying to get in without any registration. Im very supportive of the seperation of church and state (very very very much so).

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A

that's a "one letter" post

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
B. Sort of. Support certain things, don't support certain others. B plus?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
F. Im Libertarian. And I do not support the Bush administration.

However, I wouldn't have supported Kerry, either, had he been elected. Its a catch 22 really.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sort of B.

Voted for Bush twice, but just sent him a very critical letter.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
D. will have to be my answer due to the fact that the choice of more liberal than conservative is not there.

I will have to add that while liberal I do have a conservative angle on things.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm an Anarcho-feudalistic Crypto-tyrant

"Every Man and Woman a King! Every pet and child a serf!"

Not sure where that fits in on your scale of things. I support bush in some things, not others. I support smaller government, except where it serves my interests.

If my "mind-transference raybeam" proves successful, look for Bush to start doing incredibly sane things for a change, and single-handedly turning around western civilization. One key indicator will be if he sets up a flat-tax. Another will be if he starts eating raw potato slices on his reuben sandwiches.

Stay tuned, and look to the skies.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
F the same as his grades

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
F. Absolutely.

Pro-choice, anti-illegal immigration, support the troops, impeach the president, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My Vote. Did You Doubt It?

D.

[edit on 6/15/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
B or F. I guess F is closest...

I favor equal protection under secular law for all members of the population.
And yeah, seal the freaking borders.
Gun control means a < 1" grouping at 150yds.
I favor small government, but government that takes care of large-organization projects - highways, etc.
And I definitely DO NOT support the current Administration.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No debate needed!

Definately an A for me!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, I'm in between E and F. I voted for Bush both times but only because I really really didn't like the Dem running frankly Kerry scared me. I support smaller government and civil liberties. I have agreed with a very small amount of Bush's policies but not the majority of them. I look forward to the time when there is a viable 3rd and 4th party. It is my hope and prayer that nobody named Clinton or Bush ever runs for president again.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
Gun control means a < 1" grouping at 150yds.

That's good!

For you people who aren't giving a definite answer (dr_strangecraft and gallopinghordes) I won't be able to count you in the final tally. That may not matter to you and that's fine, just letting you know.

gallopinghordes, since you support "a very small amount of Bush's policies but not the majority of them", it sounds like an F, but I don't want to put a letter in your mouth.

Remember, these are GENERAL ideologies. I'm not going to hold you to anything by saying "But you said you support George Bush"! or anything like that.

So if you want to be counted in the poll, please give me a letter. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, BH you are probably right I'm closer to an F but I would really hate admit it in this thread when I'm having so much fun on another watching some one spin because they can't understand why I support my president
I would hate for them to think I came around to their way of thinking which I haven't. But yeah you're right.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A. Most definately A.
So far, in my opinion, Bush has done very well as president. However, I'm not married to the idea of Bush. Basically, if he started to go off the deep end, I'd drop him in a second. Afterall, I've got standards.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I would hate for them to think I came around to their way of thinking which I haven't.

Your secret's safe with me.

Great answers everyone!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Do i even need to say it?
HAHAHAHAHA
A

Of course

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join