It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll of ATS Members' Political Ideology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
By Liberal do you mean "Democrat"? I consider myself fairly liberal, but I find myself at odds with the Democrats a lot lately..

Better safe than sorry and go F.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epocha
By Liberal do you mean "Democrat"?

No. I just mean a generally 'liberal' ideology, whether you call yourself Democrat, Libertarian, Independent, or No party or something else.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted by apocalypticon

Hey Don W, the thing about the military was primarily aimed at cutting out the waste and pork . . look at the cash they can't account for . . doled out off the backs of trucks to contractors in Iraq. Millions, or even billions, might not seem like much in the face of our national indebtedness, but it could do one heck of a lot for any well run assistance program. The other unit patch is for the 3/2 ACR,3rd Squadron, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment . . to anybody out there who knows that unit: Toujours Pret! I was deployed with this unit's Howitzer Battery (M109 A1's) as a Forward Observer. [Edited by Don W]

My thing about the military is this. The soldier’s on the ground (and in the air and seas) are America’s best. They are there, day after day - note it has been over 100 degrees every day in Baghdad since late April - and the “loose” use of the term “military” is an unintended insult to them and to the job they do. It is the civilians in and out of the Pentagon who are doing the “tricks” with the money. It is Congresspersons who do the "pork" thing. I am sorry we keep uising the term "military" which I know to most people includes the men and women in uniform.

In 1949, I altered my birth certificate and enlisted in the Ky NG 138th FA Bn. Headquarters Battery. I made 2 summer camps. Then my mother wanted me out because some units were activated for Korea. I had the MOS of a “computer” who ran a slide rule to convert the FO’s instructions into powder charge, azimuth and elevation for 155 mm towed howitzers. We had 3 batteries of 4 guns each. Towed behind GMC 6X6 trucks. I don’t know what was the “M” number of our guns. I was lucky to be quietly doing my job in the Fire Control Center where all the brass gathered. Out of the hot summer sun. The 138th FA Group was part of the NG's 38th Division, which we called the “Connecticut Yankee” division.

After finishing AF tech school, my first assignment in Korea in September, 1953, was the radio operator of a FO team at K47. Chun’chon. Just below the DMZ. Because the Armistice had gone into effect in July, the unit was disbanded just as I arrived. The reason I, an AF radio radar repairman, was involved was this. The Army furnished an NCO driver for the jeep, the AF furnished a 2Lt FO to call in air support. We used the same radios in the jeep as were in the airplanes in order to be able to talk to the planes. No cross-service communication back then. So, 2 AF types and 1 Army type, to ride around low rolling, tree-less hills looking for the enemy! Wow! Scary. The driver and officer armed with .45s and me with an .30 cal M1 carbine. No wonder they sold whiskey for 10 cents a shot and beer for 5 cents a can at the Club.

I endorse 100% your Item 4. Nicely laid out. I didn’t mean to be gratuitously critical of the “mega” church concept. I understand the economy of scale argument and that is us, in century 21. But I just can’t imagine Jesus in one. Thanks for a nice reply to my overly long post. Oh, now I need you to translate the "Toujours Pret!" of your unit.

[edit on 6/24/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I wish to vote again A and A and A. That makes four A's from me.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sorry, BH, I just found this thread.

Good idea on the poll. I wonder myself sometimes.

And, that would be an F for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
T

Yeah, I know.... it wasn't one of the letter options...... but it is the ONLY ONE, based on your list.... that I totally support 100%........

Oh..... by the way...... T stands for TROOPS!

Just my opinion.

Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
T

Yeah, I know.... it wasn't one of the letter options...... but it is the ONLY ONE, based on your list.... that I totally support 100%........

Oh..... by the way...... T stands for TROOPS!

Just my opinion.

Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
It is the civilians in and out of the Pentagon who are doing the “tricks” with the money. It is Congresspersons who do the "pork" thing. I am sorry we keep uising the term "military" which I know to most people includes the men and women in uniform.

I couldn't agree more with you Don W; the use of "military" was a poor choice of words. I hope it is obvious from my avatar and my signature that I support our troops 100 %, having been that route myself...

The towed 155 you mentioned was probably the M114A1 155mm Howitzer (that is, if it had a short tube); if it had a long tube, then it was probably the 155mm "Long Tom" and I don't know the "M" designation for that one either.
BTW, the M114A1 Howitzer is not to be confused with the M114 APC, which is a multi-purpose personnel carrier (our FDC section operated out of two of them).

I know about the M114A1 because that's what I took my initial training on; ours were towed behind 5-ton's, and a right-fair amount of work to set up quickly in the dark...
I didn't "graduate" to the sp's until I went overseas. It's one heck of a lot faster (and a lot less work) when you don't have to jack the tires off the ground or dig in the spades (or shoot 'em in). Or get the d**n thing hooked or unhooked from the towing pintle when the terrain is, shall we say, "less than perfect"...

I know what you mean about the sliderules; our FDC guys used them until they came out with the FADAC computer which is, by now, certainly obsolete but was a major step up in speed and accuracy at the time...

Toujours Pret is French for "Always Ready" and is the motto of the 2nd ACR.

I also hear you about the underage thing; I enlisted at 17, served a 3 year hitch (including a 13 month overseas tour) was honorably discharged at 20 yrs. old, and came home to California...where I wasn't old enough to buy a legal beer...ah, the irony...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
George W. Bush has a heart attack and dies. He goes to hell where the devil is waiting for him. "I don't know what to do here," says the devil. "You're on my list but I have no room for you, but you definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got 3 people here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."

George thought that sounded pretty good, so he agreed. The devil opened the door to the first room. In it was former President Richard Nixon and a large pool of water. Nixon kept diving in and surfacing gasping for air, then immediately diving back into the water again over and over and over. Such was his fate in hell.

"No!" George said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer and I don't think I could do that all day long." The devil led him to the next room. In it was British Prime Minister Tony Blair with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time. "No way! I've got this problem with my shoulder. It would be constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day!" commented George.

The devil opened the third door. In it, George saw former President Bill Clinton lying naked on the floor with his arms staked over his head and his legs in a spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best. George Bush looked at this in disbelief for awhile and finally said, "Yeah I could handle this."

The devil smiled and said . . . "Monica you're free to go..."

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
F - Neither Liberal nor Conservative - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

I consider myself neither liberal nor conservative because I believe in:

Personal Liberty (I support gay marriage and I am pro-choice, etc.)
Separation of Church and State
The Constitution
Firearm Ownership
Strict Border Control (Illegal immigrants should be removed from the USA)

if politics were romance, i'd totally be on one knee

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Aw, shucks, 25cents, I'm flattered.

I just had my 14th anniversary yesterday. We celebrated by forgetting about it entirely until we saw the Buffy episode called "Happy Anniiversary" at which time we looked at each other and shouted "Happy Anniversary"!

Good times...

grover, I'm STILL laughing! The family loved it!

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
I wish to vote again A and A and A. That makes four A's from me.

Just to clarify, I have no intention of 'keeping score', really. I just wanted to observe the 'crossover' mentioned in the first post. I really don't care how many this or that. What's more important to me is to see that there are some of those.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
....vote a fifth, sixth and seventh time! A, A and A please. That makes seven votes for A from one Republican! What's the count at now?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ConstantlyWondering, I think you're pulling ahead!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm not American, so I guess I'm a commie.

Just another liberal conservative with radicle leanings towards communist capitalism.

Pro-choice, anti-abortion, noone ever wants an abortion. Sufficient social safety nets should be in place for women left dependent with small children without support.
Otherwise it's pro-birth, not pro-life and just another social control for an anti-life government that legitimizes jobs that don't pay enough to support human life without benefits.

Government has a responsibility to be the voice of the populace, not the special interest of massive transnational corporations that are now more powerful than any nation. Government should act as a check and balance in making big business, fiscally, morally and environmentally responsible and sustainable. Not collect taxes as a form of public subsidy of private profits.

Own all the guns you like, just stop sneaking them across your Northern border with every gangster brought up to believe life is cheap and not getting any more expensive.
And you complain about a few seeds.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
...vote five more times for A! That make an even dozen "A" votes from me in the same poll. Is there a more dedicated voter than I?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just call him Katherine Harris

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join