It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll of ATS Members' Political Ideology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Vote Tally at 11 PM EDT

16 voted

A Yes 4 -25%
B No 2 -12.5%

C Yes 0
D No 2 -12.5%

E Yes ½ -3.2%
F No 7 ½ -46.8%

Bush Yes, 28.2%
Bush No, 71.8%

Cons, 37.5%
Libs, 12.5%
Mods, 50%

[edit on 6/15/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
A - but only because you don't have a letter I can really identify with. I would say I am a conservative, but that I support the Bush Administration only in some things while I oppose them in others.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
G - Not an American - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Updated Vote Tally at 9 AM EDT Friday

18 have now voted

A Yes 5 -27.7%
B No 2 -11.1%

C Yes 0
D No 2 -11.1%

E Yes ½ -2.7%
F No 7 ½ -41.6%

G No 1 -5.5%

Bush Yes, 30.6%
Bush No, 69.4%

Cons, 38.8%
Libs, 11.1%
Mods, 44.6%
Other, 5.5% - (Overseas)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Certainly, count me up for A! Not a neo-con/neo-lib/mod... Please, just don't add "paleo" , as true as it may be, we are NOT gone!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i'd have to say i'm an F. Though to be honest i'm more of a Z. Lets just throw the bums out and start over

wupy

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Updated Vote Tally at 7 AM EDT Saturday

20 have now voted

A Yes 6 -30%
B No 2 -10%

C Yes 0
D No 2 -10%

E Yes ½ -2.5%
F No 8 ½ -42.5%

G No 1 -5%

Bush Yes, 32.5%
Bush No, 67.5%

Cons, 40%
Libs, 10%
Other, 5o% -

[edit on 6/17/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
donwhite. Thank you so much for providing the tally!

Is the 1/2 E, 1/2 F gallopinghordes'? Because s/he reconciled with F in this post:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

And personally, I'd rather see the "mods" title be called "Other", because I'm not liberal or conservative, but the last thing I am is Moderate. I'm extreme in my beliefs. And that category holds everyone who isn't a Lib or Con.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I dodn't really know, so...

Moderate

Some political moderates are "bi-polar" in the sense that they side with right-wingers on certain classes of issues, but with left-wingers on others, rather than consistently staking out intermediate positions across the board. In the United States, however, the term "libertarian" is often used to denote those who hold conservative views on economic issues such as taxes and welfare, but are liberal on social and moral issues like abortion and gay rights.

So, I guess I am considered a "bi-polar Moderate". But I really hate that word!
Sounds like I'm mediocre...

I still prefer "other"

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted by Benevolent Heretic

Is the ½ E, ½ F gallopinghordes'? I'd rather see the "mods" title be called "Other", because I'm not liberal or conservative Thanks again! [Edited by Don W]

No. Its dr_strangecraft

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
F - Neither Liberal nor Conservative - Do Not Support the Bush Administration

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted by Benevolent Heretic

Some political moderates are "bi-polar" in the sense they side with right-wingers on certain classes of issues, but with left-wingers on others . . In the United States the term "libertarian" is often used to denote conservative views on economic issues such as taxes and welfare, but liberal on social and moral issues like abortion and gay rights.

I guess I am considered a "bi-polar Moderate". But I really hate that word! Sounds like I'm mediocre . . I still prefer "other" [Edited by Don W]

There is bi-polar disorder in my family. It is a terrible thing. I’m old enough that I should already have it if I was so destined. I don’t have any children - that’s not the reason - so I’m sure I have not passed on that debilitating disorder. Neither does the relative with the disorder. They adopted instead.

Medications work but even in people who know better there is the irresistible urge to stop taking the medicine when the disorder is under control. I have never asked the person why they do that but I’ve heard them explain to others they get to feeling euphoric and think that at last, they have conquered the disease. Not so.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I actually prefer to refer to myself as independant and extremely strong willed and opinionated. I will vote each candidate or issue based on my values and research. So where do I fall?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A Literal Bipolar Moderate

Originally posted by donwhite
Medications work but even in people who know better there is the irresistible urge to stop taking the medicine when the disorder is under control. I have never asked the person why they do that but I’ve heard them explain to others they get to feeling euphoric and think that at last, they have conquered the disease. Not so.

Tell me about it.

I like the "Libertarian = Bipolar Moderate" concept. It describes me pretty well.

I generally don't talk about my personal politics on ATS too much. I kind of got burned out on talking politics over the years.

But since I ranted about it in BQ&B today, I suppose I can come out of the closet a bit.

Actually, I just wanted to address the question of why us maniacs are so resistant to treatment when we're manic.

The answer is that there's no drug ever made that compares to how wonderful being manic feels.

It's awesome.

Jagged Little Pill

I can take Depakote to mitigate mania if I want to, but I rarely want to, because mania feels so good. I think of it as "payback" for the depressive phases, which are extremely difficult to deal with (especially when you can't take antidepressants, like me).

So I try to take the good with the bad.

And let's be honest: if you had a "disease" that made you feel on top of the world sometimes, and at the bottom of the abyss other times, would you choose to take drugs that only knock out the highs?

Crowd Teaser

Regarding "bipolar politics", the most pejorative labels are usually reserved for citizens who choose to think for themselves, rather than run with the partisan herds and adjust their opinions to please their parties.

In such an environment, people can call me whatever they want -- and have: I've been accused of being both left-wing and right-wing on ATS, which is actually rather gratifying.

I'll still think the way I want to and vote the way I want to.

To those who embrace partisanship as a religion, I say this:

I got your party riiiiiiight heeeeeeere.

P.S. Lest anyone get the wrong idea, I have my political views, which tend to generally lean right I suppose (I'm not big on Marxist government), but my personal views don't change how I feel about other ATSers who have different views. We're all ATSers, all have our reasons for thinking the way we do, and I respect that immensely.

And I try to always remember that no matter how sure I may be that I'm right about something, I could still be wrong. My life experiences have borne that out.

[edit on 6/17/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
F. should have be another chance

I want peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would most definitely say I'm an F.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
F - Libertarian- cept for size of gov which could be as large as it is efficient but it something doesnt work it needs to be quickly eliminated. Not quite for Bush but I dont hate him and think its at least plausible his goals were good despite poor planning

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
AYYYY!

Yep an A..not a neo A, a retro A, by the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mostly F.......but there are times when one has to choose one of the other evils, else one's voice is totally lost.....sigh.

(Majic should BE a politician......can anybody tell me his 'final answer'.....can't he dodge a straight answer with the best of 'em!!)LOL!!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by frayed1]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join