It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. FDA Approves Use of Implantable Chip in Humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A surprise decision by the Food and Drug Administration permits the use of implantable ID chips in humans, despite an FDA investigator's recent public reservations about the devices.

The FDA sent chip manufacturer Applied Digital Solutions a letter stating that the agency would not regulate the VeriChip if it was used for "security, financial and personal identification or safety applications," ADS said Tuesday.

Full Story : www.wired.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ouch...ouch....ouch....The # is comming !

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If the "powers that be" legislate that *everyone* gets the chip, then it's time to become a criminal...

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Do you remember me warning you guy's about this last yr W.O.S.?

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yeah, the threads are still accessable too...And I said pretty much the same thing then.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 06:51 AM
link   
.. for 666 and the Beast..zzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
.. for 666 and the Beast..zzzzzzzzzzz

The Beast is already setup Estragon.

It's a computer network. 3 big computers.

1 in Texas, another 1 in Brussels and the last one, I don't remember where, but it's in the EU too ( London or Paris, I'm not sure ).

The name of this network ? THE BEAST !!!

His job ? Monitoring all barcodes activity on earth !

Sleep well !

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They may have a hard time tracking me. I still have to write to the geniuses at the IRS braintrust that my address has changed. They still can't quite grasp that one!
Maybe if I was a sniper...-Troy

P.S. BTW, what is that hangin' out yer mouth Tyler, or is that yer pops?

[Edited on 31-10-2002 by troylawson]

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Are you sure you dont need your glasses cleaned?

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No one is putting a chip in me to track me! I'd fight. I don't care what the governments say. I think that it is an abuse of basic human rights to put tracking chips in everyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phunky monkey
No one is putting a chip in me to track me! I'd fight. I don't care what the governments say. I think that it is an abuse of basic human rights to put tracking chips in everyone.

Yep. That's why they'll find another solution. Peoples will cry to have this chip.

And peoples who will say NO to this ship will be all black sheeps.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 11:26 AM
link   
In a way though, most people are already "chipped" in a sense. With the new technology regarding cell phones and the new cell phone tower radar which is currently being put into action in Great Britain. Of course that is more of an identification and location system, but just the same, an enormous gray area between big brother and basic human rights.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good point will, who needs to put a chip under your skin when they can track your cell phone, that you always carry, or follow your car with its gps built into it- standard on some new ones I think.

You're being watched anyway...

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 12:44 PM
link   
did that say anything about the military? like if they mandate that i have to have a chip i am moving to afganistan... phuck that

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Im telling youthat the bible says you will not be able to
buy or sell without it. We will all have to take it becuase of upcoming
attacks for our own security.

They have been planning this kind of stuff for years. they let it out in the media
for peoples reaction to it. but its already planned.

peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wha??? The bible? This isn't religon truth, this is Website-Related Discussion.

Second, the people who wrote the bible had no idea what a chip was, what a computer was, what electricity was, and so forth. To busy looking out for them giants and other monsters that were so abundant back then. Along with making sure they didn't even breath wrong for fear of damnation. Anyways...

The chip, I don't worry. My car is old, no gps thing. No cell phone, and this computer and the t.v. about all I have tech wise. Gas stove, fridge maybe, but that just keeps things cold, no chips I know about, and that about it. I use to have a microwave, but turns out a Arby's sandwich is wrapped in tin foil, not paper like burger King or McDonalds food. Stupid metal. Also, it could be a good thing. You get lost, they find you. You get kidnapped, they find you. You get murdered and body buried, they find you. Look at the good with the bad people.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Those are some good points James. There would be some benefits. I am just concerned about the governments using microchips and spy technology to control people. Governments would be more openly fascist as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Wha??? The bible? This isn't religon truth, this is Website-Related Discussion.

James, these chips are linked to the Bible. So, Truth did a good point and his post is not out of subject, even in this forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:56 AM
link   
One is forever reading about these satellites that can tell your shoe-size from 200 miles up and the cell-phone business is well known.
My guess is that -unless you go out of your way to be anonymous -they can probably track most people anyway. In practice, I can't see why they'd bother: the scary bit is just that they could.
Like the telescreen in 1984: it could be watching you but you never knew if it was on or off.
I think some people will see these chips and similar things as handy security gadgets.
From all I've read, it's about as painful as having one's ear pierced, and I believe such chips have already met with some success in the pet market.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:58 AM
link   
But Ultra_Phoe.'s 3 computers have got me thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join