It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has until June 29th to decide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Will Iran accept the West's bag of goodies or continue enrichment? The proposal states that Iran must suspend enrichment for the negotiations to begin. Although Irans leaders are split on the proposal, I believe enrichment will continue. For Iran to back down now with all its pevious rhetoric would be considered cowardice to its people. Time will tell...

www.nytimes.com...

The US is also refusing to rule out attacks on Iranian facilities

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It's the second link that shows the true face of this offer.

In fact, there's not much on offer really if the US refuses to rule out military action against Iran even if it does stop enrichment procedures.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Britguy]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yes. What exactly is in this "bag of goodies", then? I don't see anything for the Iranians to throw their turbans in the air about.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
well rich, we still dont know all of the details of the proposals contents, but I agree, nothing to throw tourbines in the air over. I wish Iran would just accept the conditions. The wording of the proposal calls for a temporary cease of enrichment, to clarify previous nuclear uncertainties. Why not eat some carrots and look good in the worlds eyes in the process.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what they say. They are going to continue anyways. Look back on N koreas script for a clue. There is only one way to prevent the world's leading terrorist support state from obtaining nukes. Now! Who can afford to leave this in the hands of people who hate us? -some of you included...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird
It doesn't matter what they say. They are going to continue anyways. Look back on N koreas script for a clue. There is only one way to prevent the world's leading terrorist support state from obtaining nukes. Now! Who can afford to leave this in the hands of people who hate us? -some of you included...

oh are you scared? you would like your nation to kill everyone that you think doesn't like you.

The US wants war with Iran regardless of nuclear advancements, and Iran seems to be picking a fight... a little too convenient for me,

but it is scaredy cat americans like you that are going to make it happen.

I hope your on military leave, and this isn't another coutch potato american with an offensive attituted toward war.

The day i actually see a middle eastern man commit an act of terrorism, is the day i actually believe in terrorism. SHOW ME

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We're all going to die,

we're all going to die,

EE-I-O my daddy-O

we're all going to die......

I think if they leaned on North Korea more then there would be a nuclear annihalation of a scale that would get the holographic reality engineers in a major panic.

When I read such news then it does feel like the run up to Iraq all over again, I still smell August as an invasion month for Iran. Hope I'm wrong though, about all of that.

As Bill Hicks put it, "Tell me when Lord, tell me when. Let me be your servant Lord" ( Fundies with their fingers on the button )

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

oh are you scared? you would like your nation to kill everyone that you think doesn't like you.

Only the nations who have the motives, stated intent, and the means to do my nation and her interests harm. Keep being acting like a loser, performing like a loser and living like a loser and complain about the most successful who are that way on purpose.

The US wants war with Iran regardless of nuclear advancements, and Iran seems to be picking a fight... a little too convenient for me,

I have seen nothing to support the claim that the US wants war w/ Iran. It seems to me the US wants Iran to give up its Nuke program.

What?

I hope your on military leave, and this isn't another coutch potato american with an offensive attituted toward war.

I'm a gulf war I vet schmucko. Offensive? Big whoop!

The day i actually see a middle eastern man commit an act of terrorism, is the day i actually believe in terrorism. SHOW ME

Here you go a$$hole...

www.homestead.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Look back on N koreas script for a clue.

And North Korea now has nukes, and yet the Earth keeps on spinning.

The fact is, there are people out there who hate us with things that can kill us.
Such is the real world.

We can't realistically prevent Iran from getting nukes, if they're that determined to get them. We can attack their weapons program, and perhaps set it back a couple of years, but insure the mullah's stay in power indefinitely. Not really much of a solution. We could attempt to invade and force a regime change, which will drag us into another disastrous bit of strategic quicksand like Iraq. Even worse.

What we can do, realistically, is make it clear that to use them against us would be national suicide.

[edit on 6/10/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird

Only the nations who have the motives, stated intent, and the means to do my nation and her interests harm. Keep being acting like a loser, performing like a loser and living like a loser and complain about the most successful who are that way on purpose.

what about other nations interests that the US has denied them the rights to? and should i remind you that the threats to america were to leave them alone and mind their own buisness. The US supresses these nations by keeping evil regimes in power and exploiting thier natural resources. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

www.democracynow.org.../11/09/1526251

www.thedossier.ukonline.co.uk...

I have seen nothing to support the claim that the US wants war w/ Iran. It seems to me the US wants Iran to give up its Nuke program.

have you heard of petro-dollor recycling, it's quite a clever scam the US has goin on.

What?

the more scared you are the more you will asked to be saved. problem-reaction-solution, and judging by your reaction to terrorism it's not hard to guess what solutions could be conjoured

I'm a gulf war I vet schmucko. Offensive? Big whoop!

if you think im trolling by asking you about being a soldier im sorry, but if you know could you tell me how it feels to murder, like i mean point a gun at someone and take their life because a guy with a radio behind you told you so. and if you going to tell me you were fighting in the gulf for freedom, then my opinion was summed up in answering your last quote.

www.homestead.com...

oh yes mr. burge. the body that didn't struggle while being slowly severed at the neck that did not gurrgle or shoot blood onto the guy wearing a wrist watch. i watched that vid, over and over and over, could not see what the hell was going on, the audion never matched the video, and to top it all off it was released digitally online so there is in fact no original to be examined. I swear i also heard something about Nich Burges university proffesor being a long time mentor of a high ranking CIA official, it's a small world after all.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
wow I can't believe this guy is getting away with calling people A-holes and losers just because they disagree with him..wow

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i called him a scaredy cat, so i think that pissed him off. i dont care about the ahole remark if it matters to any moderators, i just want to here his side of the arguement.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by tom goose]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
wow I can't believe this guy is getting away with calling people A-holes and losers just because they disagree with him..wow

Don't forget that some of us obviously hate our country because we have an opinion and we don't want war. What you must realize TPM, is that it took someone stooping to that level in order to get the point across. Makes it more obvious that he can't back up his arguments. There are some people in here, that are just as passionate on certain issues as I am, but on the other side of the viewpoint. They at least can pull sources to back themselves up and create a very healthy debate. On the other hand, our friend here who has chosen to circumvent the offensive language censors and attack people can only provide us with a homestead.com page, which is nothing more than a personal website. Did I open the link? Absolutely not, I don't need someone like that proving to me that terrorists do exist, because I already realize this. I don't think terror is as widespread as some may say it is, but I don't need someone who can't carry their own argument without becoming offensive to show me anything.

Now, as for the fact that Iran has until June 29th to decide on what they're going to do, I think we already know. It has become more and more obvious, I'm watching Iranian news right now, and I don't see the turbans flying in the air yet.

[edit on 6/10/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Don't forget that some of us obviously hate our country because we have an opinion and we don't want war.
[edit on 6/10/06 by niteboy82]

I don't hate my country. I hate how things are being done, and I think a lot of people are trying to insinuate we do, to try to make people like us shut up or cower in fear of being labeled as traiterous, while others have no interest in protecting this country but are merely looking out for the security of other countries in the region and their struggle to maintain a balance of power in their favor.

What is the point in signing treaty's if we are going to attack or threaten to attack those that attempt to make use of technologies they have agreed to. This just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Pie

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i sure hope that Iran will not withdraw their original plans

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I don't hate my country. I hate how things are being done, and I think a lot of people are trying to insinuate we do, to try to make people like us shut up or cower in fear of being labeled as traiterous, while others have no interest in protecting this country but are merely looking out for the security of other countries in the region and their struggle to maintain a balance of power in their favor.

Oh my word! Pie, I didn't mean that against you, I should have inserted the /sarcasm tag somewhere. I'm sorry, that wasn't meant against you, I was agreeing with you. My bad man. I like pie too!
Truly though, I was trying to just being sarcastic on that one since we are "bad americans" for questioning anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
well, i think iran should stop now why they can....U.S will not stop presoureing iran about there nuclear program.....i think if u.s would attack iran ,china would setp up and so will ,russia, if any attacks on u.s by china or russia or any other nation who couas a nuclear war or not.The E.U will consider to go hostil on china and russia and stop all trade with the two countrys and u.s will follow.
hummm i think if China vs United States of America would be a bruttal. u.s could win vs. china becouse china has its own problem's but hides it from the worlds veiw China realy does not have an army the population size of 1 million chinas army consist of little over a 10,000..... a draft would not be a optian for china

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deon222
well, i think iran should stop now why they can....U.S will not stop presoureing iran about there nuclear program.....i think if u.s would attack iran ,china would setp up and so will ,russia, if any attacks on u.s by china or russia or any other nation who couas a nuclear war or not.The E.U will consider to go hostil on china and russia and stop all trade with the two countrys and u.s will follow.
hummm i think if China vs United States of America would be a bruttal. u.s could win vs. china becouse china has its own problem's but hides it from the worlds veiw China realy does not have an army the population size of 1 million chinas army consist of little over a 10,000..... a draft would not be a optian for china

China already have their population problem, but I don't think that would stop them from entering the war..

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deon222

affirmations like china vs united states would be brutal and bla bla bla really show that you're only speculating. you're really dont know # about war and politics do you ?

on the other hand i really believe that our planet is getting too much unstable thanks to U.S actions. Why the hell are U.S pressuring other countrys ? USA aren't the owners of the world. Screw (i wish i could write what i really want without censorship) Bush Administration. There, i said it. Thank god that there are still some nations that defy america's power (even if they're doing it the wrong way).

[edit on 11-6-2006 by DrExtravaganza]

[edit on 11-6-2006 by DrExtravaganza]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza
Thank god that there are still some nations that defy america's power (even if they're doing it the wrong way).

I second that, i wish Canada could do something to defy america'a power, but it seems we are right their along side the US now that we voted an evil sunken eyed alcoholic politition just like bush. Canada can no longer be seen any different than the states, or at least that is what our leaders tell us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join