It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Explosion Hits Norway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
With a force equal to the Atomic Bomb used Hiroshima ! I haven't heard a word of it on the news. I guess they are wondering if it could also be responsible for the seismic activity in the Highlands yesterday? Also is it linked to Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann???

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

www.aftenposten.no...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Whaaaaat?????

This is HUGE news!!!!!

World Scientists are stunned today by the news that the European Nation of Norway has been hit with a meteorite with a force equal to an Atomic Bomb, and as we can read as reported by Norway’s Aftenpolten News Service in their article titled "Record meteorite hit Norway", and which says:

"As Wednesday morning dawned, northern Norway was hit with an impact comparable to the atomic bomb used on Hiroshima. Peter Bruvold witnessed the meteorite streaking across the night sky.

At around 2:05 a.m. on Wednesday, residents of the northern part of Troms and the western areas of Finnmark could clearly see a ball of fire taking several seconds to travel across the sky. A few minutes later an impact could be heard and geophysics and seismology research foundation NORSAR registered a powerful sound and seismic disturbances at 02:13.25 a.m. at their station in Karasjok.

Farmer Peter Bruvold was out on his farm in Lyngseidet with a camera because his mare Virika was about to foal for the first time. "I saw a brilliant flash of light in the sky, and this became a light with a tail of smoke," Bruvold told Aftenposten.no. He photographed the object and then continued to tend to his animals when he heard an enormous crash.

"I heard the bang seven minutes later. It sounded like when you set off a solid charge of dynamite a kilometer (0.62 miles) away," Bruvold said.

Wednesday? Today is Friday.

Is this a joke???

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well.... I think it's huge-considering the Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann scare last month.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
never heard about this, um only one question though i live in scotland i felt no earthquakes, or am i just going mad

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hmmm...Why would they not report something huge like that? Maybe they dont want to come forth and announce how incompetent and what liars the skywatchers are.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I find it odd that none of the more scientific sources are picking up on this yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, theres news articles on it. Look for location, maybe where they felt th 3.1? isn't near you. Heres the article from the BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9-6-2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Possible UFO crash......that's why it hasn't been mentioned.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Well, theres news articles on it. Look for location, maybe where they felt th 3.1? isn't near you. Heres the article from the BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9-6-2006 by jensouth31]

thanks jensouth il check it out

woa learn somthing new everyday, didnt know scotland had that many every year, i live in edinburgh so i now realsie why i didnt feel it lol.

[edit on 113030p://470611 by ronishia]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Astronomers know about it:

The astronomer believes the meteorite was a giant rock and probably the largest known to have struck Norway.

Same source as above

Beautiful!!! So they cover it up. Amazing what goes on in this planet- lies about everything!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Now why would a meteor hitting Norway, trigger an earthquake in Scotland? Shouldn't the impact have registered in Norway? None of the monitoring sites I watch report any seismic activity there at all. Very strange.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Now this is Weird indeed.

If it was a meteor I am sure they would be warnings before.

I mean, what if it hit like a town or a village?

Or was it Really a meteor?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
winnipegsun.com...

Ufology Research of Manitoba, a Winnipeg-based independent centre that collects data on Canadian UFO reports, is assisting the museum in gathering eyewitness accounts to determine the object's flight path. Spokesman Chris Rutkowski said he's received more than a dozen calls so far.

MOD EDIT: Putting it into EX for you.

The easiest way to do it is to put [ex] then your text followed by an [/ex]. Hope that helps.

[edit on 6/9/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't know how to quote external sources like you guys do. Someone tell me how....u2 me. Thanks So Much

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I found an article on this site, but I can't get to it...can someone else. It's titled
"Lockheed Martin Completes Factory Testing of Final Aegis Weapon System for Norway 9 Jun 2006 15:56"
Since I can't get to it, I don't know what it says. But just wondering if there could be a relation? Maybe not? Who knows....

www.einnews.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Sorry, I don't know how to quote external sources like you guys do. Someone tell me how....u2 me. Thanks So Much
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh my! I suppose now all of Norway's animals will be wiped out.

But won't it be fun when they aren't - and the geologists will have to look for something other than their phony, "300 million years ago the dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor?"

On the other hand their "300 million years ago" platter gets a little trying.

.\

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforebc

But won't it be fun when they aren't - and the geologists will have to look for something other than their phony, "300 million years ago the dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor?"

First of all the dinosaurs went extinct around 65 million years ago.

This meteor impact was a mere pebble compared to the ones that are believe to have aided in the extinction of the dinosaurs. I know the idea of the force being equivalent to that of an atomic bomb sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. When Mount St. Helens erupted the force was equivalent to approximately 500 times the atomic bomb dropped on hiroshima.

Mount St. Helens erupted with 500 times the force of the Hiroshima atomic blast. The accompanying landslide was the largest in recorded history. Forests, meadows, streams, and lakes were turned into ash-gray wastelands

National Geographic Article

EDIT: I should add that this is presumably a rather large meteorite just not something that can even be remotely compared to one that would leave a crator several miles in diameter.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe this article is related to the Canada incident with the green fireball
Fire in the sky

The mysterious light seen over the Northland on Friday night was an especially bright meteor seen in at least two states and Canada.

"Anyone who saw it should count themselves as lucky -- they are probably not going to see another one like that in their lifetime," Scott Young said.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i don,t pretend to know the climate for norway but doesn,t the pic look a little bright for 2.05am??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join