It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Explosion Hits Norway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm shocked and astounded that this has not been on a single main stream news source!

This is a major event, bigger then the death of any Iraqi terrorist leader IMO and not a single word about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Either they ones who give us mainstream news do not think this is a worthy news report vs. some dead Arab guy or there is something out there they don't want us to know. I think this is a sensational news story and why it is not mainstream now baffles me. Spaceweather.com is reporting it now however.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hmm this is an interesting piece of news, i havent read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Meteorite landed Local time of 2.05am on 7/6/06....interesting how for a large portion of the world at that time it was still 6/6/06....maybe it was neither Aliens or Rock, maybe it was Satan or Son and they use America(being the World Power) timing as their source, not local time.....lol

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hmm i'm not sure if it's true or not I dont speak any norweigen lol.. how ever the last poster said that maybe it was satan or god.. that got me thinking back to other threads that I just can't find right now
. There was a vision of Marry and she told children that before the end there would be a sign in the sky, a bright explosion of sorts? My memory stinks but im sure someone here knows what I'm talking about? If this metiorite was 1000 times brighter then that picture, then clearly an amazing sign, considering it had the energy of an atom bomb?? I'm not into believeing a final battle/war to end all of mankind but the 6/6/6 and the power of it and the fact it isnt being reported AT ALL?!!?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

the fact it isnt being reported AT ALL?!!?

It happened and it has been reported as well. Also in english, not just norwegian. Just see the links provided already in this thread. But it has not been widely reported and that might be a bit suspicious. Keep in mind that just because they use the word "Hiroshima-bomb" it doesn't mean "the end of the world". It was not radioactive and it didn't hit a city or house. The explosion was "as powerful as a Hiroshima bomb" but it was not a nuclear explosion. I guess it was lucky that it didn't kill any people, but I wonder if there might have been any microbes, bugs or viruses in this thing...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

the fact it isnt being reported AT ALL?!!?

It happened and it has been reported as well. Also in english, not just norwegian. Just see the links provided already in this thread. But it has not been widely reported and that might be a bit suspicious. Keep in mind that just because they use the word "Hiroshima-bomb" it doesn't mean "the end of the world". It was not radioactive and it didn't hit a city or house. The explosion was "as powerful as a Hiroshima bomb" but it was not a nuclear explosion. I guess it was lucky that it didn't kill any people, but I wonder if there might have been any microbes, bugs or viruses in this thing...

I'm saying reported by the mainstream media, and I'm not saying it will bring about the end of the world, just relating a prophecy with a sign.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's impossible to be rationally apologetic of the mainstream media on this one! More than TWO DAYS later and the ig media outlets are still not talking about it... this is INSANE!

What if this meteor would have been larger... like kilometers large? Would they have talked about it before? THis is out of proportions...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Norway building a deep seed vault in case a huge catastrophe. What do they know??? Article dated 1/2006 www.treehugger.com...

Heres another article on the same thing, different source. Actually it’s a good idea. www.worldchanging.com...

The room is a "doomsday vault" designed to hold around 2 million seeds, representing all known varieties of the world's crops. It is being built to safeguard the world's food supply against nuclear war, climate change, terrorism, rising sea levels, earthquakes and the ensuing collapse of electricity supplies. "If the worst came to the worst, this would allow the world to reconstruct agriculture on this planet," says Cary Fowler, director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust, an independent international organisation promoting the project. [...]
To survive, the seeds need freezing temperatures. Operators plan to replace the air inside the vault each winter, when temperatures in Spitsbergen are around -18 °C. But even if some catastrophe meant that the vault was abandoned, the permafrost would keep the seeds viable. And even accelerated global warming would take many decades to penetrate the mountain vault.
"This will be the world's most secure gene bank by some orders of magnitude," says Fowler. "But its seeds will only be used when all other samples have gone for some reason. It is a fail-safe depository, rather than a conventional seed bank."

This article dated 11/2005 very interesting about cosmic blast and thing affecting our weather. Is it’s all linked? …. Probably! It’s a good read.
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know no one talking about it at lease they should have 2min news story in the main stream

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
wow
that is a good idea i should do if i have a few million dollars

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
It's impossible to be rationally apologetic of the mainstream media on this one! More than TWO DAYS later and the ig media outlets are still not talking about it... this is INSANE!

What if this meteor would have been larger... like kilometers large? Would they have talked about it before? THis is out of proportions...

I agree totally.... think about this.... Don't we all think this is huge and worthy of mention?? Of course. Now then....you remeber there was reports when all the fireballs were coming down.....why not this?? It makes no sence...they are hiding something

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
the only reason I think is because no one die

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is there even a reason why they wouldnt report it? Such a large event, a near impact! If it did actually make impact then.. who knows how many deaths..
I just don't understand the whole thing.. it's not incriminating against any government?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's certainly making all these movies Hollywoods been pumping out seem more pausible. You know which ones I'm talking about

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I guess your both right who know how many die but there are many thing they
wont talk this is one of. The ques. is why this?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I'm saying reported by the mainstream media

Aftenposten is considered as mainstream media in Norway. They have a norwegian edition and an english edition as well. Just for your information

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, this is pretty neat, were their any fragments recovered? I heard material from a Meteorite is very valuable.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I sent the article off to Steve Quayle. Maybe he will post the story tomorrow??I know he's posted some stuff from www.whatdoesitmean.com before. I'm just wondering how long it will take for this news to spread far enough that maybe somebody in the US main stream media will reports it?? Maybe more stuff will surface about it in the coming days ahead.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The Poster directly after my last post, are you on about the Garanbandal Prophecies?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Strikes me as very strange it isn't mainstream news as well I would have thought something like this would be the main story everywhere.

I don't want to cause mass panic or anything but just as a random thought when's that big underground bunker evacuation drill taking place

Seriously though I think they pushing the Zarqawi story for some reason and don't want anything overshadowing it or maybe I'm just being overly paranoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join