It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Explosion Hits Norway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
glad tyo see ats jumping all over this

this is indeed very intresting in a weird sorta way. would love to see the damage site.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
can any one google earth Reisadalen??

love to see some before n after pics

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

this is indeed very intresting in a weird sorta way. would love to see the damage site.

That's exactly how I feel.
Is anybody near enough to the site, to go there and get us some nice, exclusive photographs? or at least an eyewitness account?

If it happened, then there must be some quite serious damage there?

[edit on 9-6-2006 by melem]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well I can find several articles if I go to goolge.no, unfortunately I can not read them. But they do confirm that there was a meteor impact that affected the area to some degree. I don't understand why our news is not covering anything about it.

I have found an article on Free Internet Press that quotes the astronomer in Norway.

Røed Ødegaard said the meteorite was visible to an area of several hundred kilometers despite the brightness of the midnight sunlit summer sky. The meteorite hit a mountainside in Reisadalen in North Troms.

Here is the source

If anyone can read norwegien, try going to www.google.no and see what you can find.

See my last post for crash site pics. This crash site is in a remote location, it may be difficult to get pictures since the crash site is supposedly in the mountains.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aTwistofReality

Hellmut can you help with the translation? Is this a reputable news site?

Here is the link

Meter Impact

Also this alert map provides some additional information.

Alert Map

The first link is a reputable news site in Norway. It says stuff we already know from the other articles plus it tells about some dogs. The dogs woke up in the middle of the night and started barking. The owner then went back to bed again and then suddenly there was a big bang. The house shook and the curtains were blown into the room. She initially thought it was a huge dynamite explosion nearby. The next day she went to the site of the impact and saw twisted trees and trees broken like if they were matchsticks.

Another eyewitness desribed the meteorite as a big orange glowing fireball appearing a little less then the size of the moon (visually of course...
) travelling across the sky. It had a tail of fire. Suddenly it exploded and it appeared like it was right over the mountain when it exploded.

The other link is in Hungarian, so I can't help you with translation there
Strange about these dogs. They must have felt or heard it coming or something...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Beautiful!!! So they cover it up. Amazing what goes on in this planet- lies about everything!!!

Why would anyone in astronomy cover this up? What would the motive be?

Originally posted by Souljah
If it was a meteor I am sure they would be warnings before.

How would they issue a warning for something that happens spontaneously?

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Why do the big ones always hit remote, unpopulated areas in the far north?

I'm willing to bet even more splash down in the southern hemisphere. If you look at it, the northern hemisphere is mainly land, while the southern is mainly water. What is the significance of this? Well, people are more frequently around the land areas, so they would take notice of this more. After all, several hundred-thousand tons of space material, ranging in size of dust particles to the size of a softball impacts the Earth on a yearly basis. Occasionally though, we get something larger which will, for all intensive purposes, explode in the upper atmosphere. You might want to check out the Impact Effects Calculator to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Something to take into account

A slue of meteor showers are going on right now, with the Arietids having peaked on the 7th.

[edit on 6/9/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks Hellmut. I was hoping it was reputable.

Yes I would think the animals did sense something. From what I have read it looks like the impact caused some seismic activity. It must have been a large impact. I do not think that photo did it justice.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

From what I have read it looks like the impact caused some seismic activity. It must have been a large impact. I do not think that photo did it justice

The Narso station is part of the nuke monitoriing seismographs that are out there. It doesn't take much to register and create seismic activity.

It does look like that are saying that it was big.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drow Ingpool
Could an event such as this produce the media blowup about Zarqawi's Death?
Drow Ingpool...

Hmmmm.... that's a really bright idea! I hadn't thought of that....certainly all happenend right about the same time frame. I mean when I woke up the other morning... the 6 am news was all over Zarqawi.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The astronomer Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard is a cool guy!
This is his first article on the meteorite
It's in norwegian, but there are some pictures.

In Norway we have found 13 metiorites he says. The latest one is the biggest ever.

Ødegaard estimates this one to have been 1000 TIMES BRIGHTER than the one in the picture bellow. (picture taken in 1998)

Photo: Arne Danielsen

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
woooaaa that looks so cool. goes to show what little us human know about out side forces its kinda scary to think one of these things could crash down on a major city and cause alot of damage and death, and we cant do squat against.
these things are to be feared and awed at the same time.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aTwistofReality
I do not think that photo did it justice.

I didn't either. When I saw that I said....."That's It????" I mean if it was breaking trees like match sticks................ I couldn't read that site....was the date current?? Or was it a pic of an old hit?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There were photos/videos much scarier on the Discovery channel a few years ago. I mean, serious, a huge fireball traveling high above...

Yes, sometimes we get pummeled from space

A high altitude blast can produce rather moderate seismic effect, I suppose...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What the ****? And mainstream mass-media didn't give us even a single hint?!

But why cover-up this event? What is really going on? Makes me wonder...

p.s.

Maybe they'll blame Al-Qaeda for this

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Duby78]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Now this is Weird indeed.

If it was a meteor I am sure they would be warnings before.

I mean, what if it hit like a town or a village?

Or was it Really a meteor?

Well, it is said to have weighed in at 198 lbs. A pretty small object and hard to detect. Maybe a 2x2 foot rock.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm confused, I can't find anything about it on Google, or on the news. Unless its being covered up for some strange reason, I really don't know what to make of this.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe this meteorite contained some alien bugs or something? Soon maybe some new species might emerge in northern Norway.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yeah.that wabbit has a man gwowing out of his back!!!Elmer fudd impersonation

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
But why cover-up this event? What is really going on? Makes me wonder...

They know and they don't want the public to see the signs that something of "Biblical Proportion" is about to take place. Knock down all the road signs and the main traffic keeps barreling towards the pit 90 mph, missing the little detour sign pointing to the little narrow road branching off to safety.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
this is so weird i can find anywhere i guess they dont want interupe Zarqawi's news stories in the new

P.s sorry im a bad at spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join