It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identitiy of a common aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lately, about every day, I've been spotting either 'black helicopters' and white boeings, I think 737s, marked with nothing more than a red triangle on the tail and side.

The triangle itself is isoscolese(sp?), and rotated left. Every once in a while, the helicopters will be flying low with a sort of spider-web like strand (which can only be seen if the sun hits it right) running behind them, which then disapates before falling to earth. The planes fly quite low as well, low enough that you could see the markings.

The helicopters are definately military. The planes, I'm not sure. Neither have ID numbers or anything. Just the triangle.

Has anyone else seen these aircraft? Anyone know anything about them? I don't see why they'd be around here, the nearest airport two hours away and the nearest military base capable of flying boeings around a half-hour. This is also a quiet community. Nothing really here to be looking at.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Where do you live? What type of 737s? Can you get pics? It almost sounds like Janet flights, but I need more information to be able to tell you for sure.

[edit on 6/8/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Michigan, not sure, camera's fried. Will get pic as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do you have any idea of their heading? Could the copter's be police? Practicing a new fugitive capturing technique: )?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Our police force has no helicopters. I should know, because my relative used to work at the local court house for the area, and most of the police reports went through her. And I've never seen a police helicopter here.

Lately the 737s are being replaced with unmarked extremely low flying passenger craft with the engines on the tail, the tail itself raised up at a slant. Not sure about what they are. I can tell a few types of passenger craft, but not much. The military craft are my speciality.

Oh, and large transports, like C-130, but alot smaller at medium altitude in comparison to usual craft, and some form of craft with shorter, rounded wings, and a torpedo-shaped body. No engines visable. Not civilian, I can track any of them on Flight Explorer if they were civilian or commercial, but none show up. All heading from or to the South/South East of my home.

These aircraft just started recently, and air traffic is increased more than I've ever lived here.

I'm thinking some type of operation by the military to a new base?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Those are in the MD-80 family. Not sure exactly what model, but they're all pretty similar. Tiny engines are MD-80s, as they get bigger you get into the MD-86, etc.

MD-80:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ah, so that's what those are.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is interesting....about thirty army vehicles were filling up with gas nearby at a gas station, they were heading west.

top topics

join