It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best RPG ever?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Okay, where as I'm as big a fan of FF VII as the next guy (in fact, I have a Buster Sword and 4 materia on display in my living room) but I'm going to throw out a few lesser known rpg's that are so unappreciated:

Legend of Dragoon

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturnes (I want tattoos like the Demifiend!)

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 (I love the philosophy behind these games)

Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
FFVII, Legend of Legaia, FFX and FFXII.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It would have to be Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Shen Mue.

I was never a big fan of FF, because of the over hype. Especially with the newest one.

I also enjoyed playing E.V.O for the Nintendo.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah bro, Skies of Arcadia was awesome.
I had it on the Dreamcast (that was the best system);
oh yeah, Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast) was awesome too.
Although, I never played it online, I just played the offline solo game, which was hard as hell, but it had a really cool story, awesome graphics, superb controls and a varied weapon and skill set. Not to mention the MAGs, those things were so cool.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
final fantasy on the nes. why? in my opinion it was the rpg that put rpg on the map. i think my friend willy and i stayed up a week without sleep playing this game. it was just amazing and incredibly fun for its time. im going to have to give it all the kudos because i believe final fantasy is what opened the rpg genre to millions of people.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I think that I'm going to have to agree to that.
That part when you're characters get the rat tail and become powered up...
Man...that was super cool!
The fighter becomes a knight, the monk becomes a grand master, the mages become sorcerers, and of course, the thief becomes a NINJA!
Shazam baby!
So cool!

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout are the best RPG's ever in the history of cRPGs.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just bought Oblivion on my 360 the other day and its pretty good. I've not played it for very long but what I have is pretty good.

Graphics, environments, characters... its pretty darn good.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Oh yeah...
I totally forgot...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

That game was so awesome.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

One of the best games I ever played. But the fact that I didn't beat it, but got close to and then my saved file mysteriously got deleted as well as all my other game save files on my PC. And I got so far too, I beat the Dark Brotherhood quest and got Shadowmere plus I got all the four scrolls you need to take the next step into the main quest. But now that's all gone and I don't have the spirit to play and get back all those things anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Okay, now I know I mentioned this earlier, but I didn't say why...

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturnes

Yeah, and here's why...

In the True Demon Ending, you have to fight Lucifer to prove how strong you are and then you get to lead all of demon kind in a revolt against heaven.
Seriously, you can't get much cooler than that!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
hghfdjhfgh hgdf hfd vdgfdsgx xcghdf gd

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What the heck was that?
Are you drunk?
Or is that some archaic programmer language?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I will have to go with the final fantasy series. My all time fav charater is squall.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Id go with Shenmue as well. That also gets my vote as being my favourite game of all time. For me, i loved every single second i played of it (even when i had to wait around for buses, haha).

Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2 also get honourable mentions. fantastic games.
And seeing as the guys who made that are working on Mass Effect, i fully expect that to be one of my favourites when it gets released.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
fallout series, hands down. only when black isle had it though...tactics and BOS were cheesy crap. and i love bethesda for the elder scrolls, but i'm afraid they're going to ruin fallout...crossing my fingers....

final fantasy has got to be my favorite older series...the original NES version was the best NES RPG, american number 3 was a legend long before 7, and number 5 was probably the best RPG i've ever played in 2-d. 7 was better than daggerfall (elder scrolls game) because of all the bugs in daggerfall.

i think, however, that comparing the elder scrolls to final fantasy is ...well, nonsensical. the style of the games is completely different. elder scrolls gives you a huge amount of character customization and open ended play, while most FF games offer more in the way of story and character development (personality wise).

the fallout series, however...well, there you have a mixture, and a good one. not a whole lot of buildig upon your characters story, but the world develops well, the customization aspect is good, open ended play, and some ridiculous fun all combine to make something spectacular.

What was the fallout series on PC? Console? I've never played it// is it sci-fi? fantasy?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Final fantasy VII is the best RPG by far!
The Legend of Dragoon is also pretty decent
and Suikoden 1 & 2

Anyone recommend any others?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't know... FFVII just didn't do it for me... I played FFVIII first my girlfriend actually got me into it... and i hear people say FF7 gots the best story n stuff but i just didnt find it as fun as FF8.. maybe im just a visual whore n prefered FF8's visuals over FF7's oh well my loss i guess.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Final Fantasy VI (Or Final Fantasy III US) is the best RPG ever hands down. Now everyone bow down to the greatness of FFVI!

edit because I suck at spelling

[edit on 5-23-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Final Fantasy VIII is the only one I've played except for word RPG games. FF is the bomb! I even mastered the card game in 8!

Edit because I suck at spelling also!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join