It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best RPG ever?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
Final Fantasy VIII is the only one I've played except for word RPG games. FF is the bomb! I even mastered the card game in 8!

Edit because I suck at spelling also!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

hahah how good was the card game i remember starting a new game just to get all the cards... accidently lost my quyzacotyl or however u spell it to cID and saved ... lol was so mad about it

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You guys should play "Shadows of the Colossus." It's one of the best under dog games I've played. I hardly find any blockbuster store carrying this game, and yet everyone I know, who has played it, loved it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
You guys should play "Shadows of the Colossus." It's one of the best under dog games I've played. I hardly find any blockbuster store carrying this game, and yet everyone I know, who has played it, loved it.

I heard it was bland and boring... if it is the same game im thinking of.. arent like all the enemies the same.. no powerups.. no leveling up etc.. ?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Not bland and boring at all. There are power ups, and new weapons. The magnificence of starting the game and seeing the enormous boss for the first time, and then given freedom to take him down with nothing but a bow and sword, is amazing.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
well, i just started playing a new game called Fire Emblem, the sacred stones, i dont know if it qualifies but its still really good

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tales Of Symphonia was my favourite RPG of all time. A long and very interesting story with an crazy amount of twists and turns.

Close second is the MMORPG Guild Wars... i played that game too much. Great community (once in a guild).

Third for me is Dungeon Siege I. Why? I dunno... i thought it was crap lol, i just played it heaps and heaps with friends at uni (years ago).

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
no new games in my list but i'll contribute anyways

FF7, FFX, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, pretty much every zelda game.. MGS 1 and MGS 2.. didnt care for snake eater very much..

and world of warcraft.. if that counts

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I played shadow of the colossus i quite enjoyed it

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have to put my vote in for Chrono Trigger on the Snes I think that was Squaresofts best achievement it was just about perfect and the time travel plot and Characters worked very well.

But any RPG by Squaresoft is generally good and worth playing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

A side-scrolling Action RPG that didn't suck. It still defines what good RPG's are supposed to be, where you beat the game a few times thinking you're the king to realize that there's a whole other part to the game that you never saw before. (The reverse castle) You others might talk about Final Fantasy or maybe Oblivion, but my hands-down favorite is still SotN.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tales of Middle Earth (tome)

www.t-o-m-e.net... (free legal download)

It's a roguelike game based on Lord of the Rings. If you don't know what a roguelike is, it's basically a text-based game. No graphics, but man it's addictive.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
34 nearly hitting 35 and yes I'm still gaming every now and then

Adventures and RPG games I like most:

All the Final Fantasy episodes for PS2 and NDS.

Etrian Odyssey for NDS, I mainly like the mapping and finding stuff part, however playing too long on this game also gets boring..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well I reckon one of my fav rpgs would have to be the Zelder series on n64 - can you even call that an RPG tho?
I also really like Planescape: Torment, love that game.... the story is the best.

Im just getting into warhammer online so Im hoping thats going to be as good as it sounds. Anyone else?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There's three RPGs that instantly spring to mind.
1/ Resident Evil. Even the earliest games on the PS1 are still worth a few late nights! Nothing beats stomping on zombies in Raccoon City.
2/ Silent Hill. This was a ground breaking game.
3/Devil May Cry.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
what about pokemon was that not an rpg and didnt you waste your time playign that for hours a day and argueing who would win in a fight charmander or pikachu.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
These are my all time favorite RPG games.

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Diablo
  • Diablo II
  • Guild Wars
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I like Word of warcraft.. pretty good and very addictive.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ff7 is the best...good storyline, not rigidly linear

They made a movie sequel. there are even rumors flying around they may remake it for the PS3. With that, how can it not be the all time best?

I was actually traumatized when Sephiroth murdered Aeris.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Fallout 2. Most amazing post-apoc rpg ever.EVER. It's actually my favourite game, I have played it over and over again.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by six1nine

You were the ONLY one to mention Diablo and Diablo II. I'm actually shocked, as the Diablo Series has been one of the best Action-RPGs on the market for some time. It's still in the top 10 weekly sales in retail outlets, 8 YEARS after it's release!!

You know that you're doing something right when you can consistently sell a game for over 8 years at a profit!!

TheBorg

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join