It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best RPG ever?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would have to say Might and Magic, although Divine Divinity was quite fun except for the ending and Clive Barkers Undying was very very good.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I find that a story is what really defines a rpg for me so I would have to go with Knights of the Old Republic. Just so awesome at the part where you realize who you really are. Never saw it coming.
The I would have to say Mass Effect has a very solid story.

Can't forget Oblivion. Story is pretty good but the depth of the game is amazing. The amount of items, scrolls, and races to the background history and books you can read. Very awesome in-game histoty.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Fable, hands down!!! I haven't played Fable 2 yet (still need to get Xbox 360, but I'm sure it's even better!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Age of Conan for me - been playing it 3 months now and its great - a few bugs at mo but getting ironed out fast.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well im playing the new fable at the moment which is a pretty amazing rpg.I mean theres to damn much to do in it lol.
I think FF7 is da best though but oblivions a shoe in for 2nd.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by the red pill]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Final fantasy 6, Fire Emblem , and Skies of Arcadia

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ulitma III.

I loved that game.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Too many.

Mount and Blade is my new favourite, although it is borderline RTS.

Old favourites:

Action RPGs:

Diablo series
Titan Quest
Oblivion
STALKER: SOC and Clear Sky

Stat-Based RPGs:

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Fallout series
A group-based RPG on the PS1 that I can never remember it's name. Was gold. Dark-something?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Simple really.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Chrono Trigger and Oblvion are my favourites. Great musical scores and awesome gameplay. So epic.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oblivion is hands down, the best computer RPG I've ever played...
I've got hundreds of hours of gameplay on that...what a great bang for the buck!

Freedom to go anywhere, do anything, you can ride a horse, own a house, swim, climb, shoot arrows, swing a sword, cast spells, be a vampire...c'mon!!!

Not to mention, once you accomplish things, you start getting shown a little respect in the gameworld!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I really enjoyed Fallout 3 but I'd have to say the FF7 has got to be the all-time best RPG ever.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
What is the best RPG you have ever played? personally for me i think it would have to be FFVIII. Squall just kicked arse and you couldn't go past Lion Heart...

I think mine would be Mass Effect. Bioware did an incredible job giving so much depth to a new intellectual property. No game before Mass Effect ever made me want to find out more about the "universe" of the game...i.e. learning about the governmetns/culture/religions of the different races, etc...

I'm dying to play Mass Effect 2, but it doesn't even have a release date yet, so I'll be waiting a while.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have played many RPG's, but in the end the best always comes back to Final fantasy.

I "equally" love FF7, FF8 and FF10 the same amount. I cannot choose.

FF7 was a world so full of life at the time it came out, it was amazing!

FF8, to me was just great, I love the love story, the style, gunblades etc, I loved the little things at the start like being in the school/academy.

FF10, was pretty deep, I loved how Auron and Tidus were really part of a dream, The love story between Yuna and Tidus made this fact very sad and deep.

Final Fantasy has deep characters, story and the MUSIC makes the games that much more special.

I hope FF13 brings that special feeling back!

I also LOVE Zelda games.

Peace.

Edit:

I do love oblivion(i'm really excited for the next elder scrolls!), mass effect etc, but they never gave me that magical feeling when playing FF8 for example. I remember being VERY sick, it was impossible for me to sleep, and all I could do was sit in bed, so I played FF8 all day, it took my mind off of the pain, I was in another world! THAT is what I call a good game!

[edit on 4-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have a deep hatred of all Zelda games... probably the only thing that my boyfriend hates about me, haha.

My favorites:
FABLE!!!! (So good...)
Harry Potter!!! (Is anyone else psyched for the new game and buying it on three platforms, or is that just me...)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
fallout 3 simply because the immense size of it and the things your able to do make it one of the ebst rpgs I've ever played.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

Ultima VII

the black gate

serpent isle

don't know what I'm talking about?
I'm talking about the Ultima series created by Richard Garriott,
I'm talking about the series Final Fantasy RIPPED OFF

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Harry Potter!!! (Is anyone else psyched for the new game and buying it on three platforms, or is that just me...)

I loved the Goblet of Fire one...allowed a bunch of people to play, and the mechanics were good... You really felt like a wizard throwing some spells... I hope this next one is multiplayer like that....haven't looked into it

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by iCEdTenG

Ultima VII

the black gate

serpent isle

don't know what I'm talking about?
I'm talking about the Ultima series created by Richard Garriott,
I'm talking about the series Final Fantasy RIPPED OFF

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

WOOT a fellow fan.

I would add Ultima VI to that list as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ultima 7. I love the ultima series of games and played Ultima Online for years. I was even a beta tester for it.

U7 what a great game.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join