It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can There Not Be A God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by SouLJa
Yr Signature doesnt suggest at all does it that yr opinions are biased by yr ego

All of our knowledge and actions, including yours, are at least filtered through ego.

Consider this:
"One is taught in accordance to one's fitness to learn."

Oh, like there isn't more than a touch of ego in that response!

"You're wrong, and I'm right, because you are less 'fit' to learn than me."

Oh, well...

Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.
-- Donald Trump

You gotta be *snip - insult removed* to feel it necessary to throw a lame ass donald trump quote at me, lol

And no "One is taught in accordance to one's fitness to learn."[/ has no ego behind whatsoever and if that makes me a loser ill embrace that status as i would a winner!

*snip -more insults removed*

pffff
be right if its a necessary to help you sleep at night

SouLJA

Mod Edit: Please review the Terms & Conditions

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This thread must not believe in God because it's gone to hell...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am agnostic, i have no idea at all whether god exists or not. I think being agnostic is the only sensible position really as you are basically throwing your hands up and saying you don't know lol.

Don't get me wrong i have nothing against anyone who is religious or atheistic. To quote a Harry Potter book "Death is but the next great adventure". Hey when you die your brain functions long enough for you to find out, that is kind of exciting. Even if there is nothing at least you will know, and if there is nothing then it wouldn't scare me, it would be just as exciting knowing that. If on the other hand there is a god or an afterlife then hey it's a nice surprise.

Just my simple thoughts.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I agree the thread has gone to hell

Just a pity theres so many that still require god to prove himself!

In my experience even when peeps have irrefutable evidence in front of them on alot of things in life, they still disbelieve!

The proof is all around us so i think alot of peeps need to rethink what they would deem to be proof enuff!

Do you need proof u exist, i guess not so why u still require proof of god is beyond me!

SouLJA

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is a very easy answer. Think back to when there was nothing at all. Absolutley nothing no atoms no molecules Absolutley nothing... Where do you think everything came from in our solar system and earth the sun if at first we had absolutley nothing? Go deep on that one and put it in perspective. If you think about it, how can science create something from nothing? Answer it can't! So something/someone/higher being had to make it happen. How did he/she/it make it happen when there is nothing at all to make it? Because he/she/it is God.

The reason we are here today is so God can expierence himself. With nothing, he didnt have a way to expierence his greatness. When he created everything in our universe and us on earth it gave him something to expierence his greatness by.

Think about it, if you where trapped in a black eternal space with absolutely nothing but yourself, and you had the ability to create what you wanted to create, Wouldnt you also do the same? I sure would. Because if you have nothing, and there is nothing around you but you, how are you going to expierence yourself.

I believe this is part of the secret of life and why we are here. There are many of these secrets though.
Like why is it, if there is a god, do bad things happen in the world? Commonly asked question by everyone.
Reason is similar to the previous answer and many of our earlier cultures understood this.
If all you had was Hate in the world, you wouldnt know what love is. If all you had was love in the World, you wouldnt know what hate is. For everything on this earth is and what we as humans expierence has to have an oppisite in order for us to understand and to be able to expierence its counter. Love and Hate, Anger and happiness, ect ect.
This goes back to the Ying and Yang but expressed differently within that culteral.

So to answer the question bad things happen in this world and to us as humans because if they didnt, we wouldnt know how to expierence the good things.
This is one of Gods greatest Gifts to us as humans. FREE WILL.

This goes right to the heart of this question itself also. How can thier not be a god? if we didnt have the non believers we wouldnt have the believers. Its as simple as that. You cant expierence Faith in God and the riches he gives us everyday if we didnt have people that didnt believe. If everyone believed in God(which ever is yours) Then we wouldnt have anything to strive for every day as believers. Because part of believing is having Faith, its also about bringing others to God.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
There hasnt been a single shred of evidence that there is a god.

If there was one, he wouldnt let the world wide suffering happen all over the world.

Religion is just a man made device for control and brainwashing.

Thats the beauty of Gods Gift. You have free will to believe what you would like Flyer. The world in which you live today is the proof alone that there is a god. How can science make what we live in/on and around us?

In order for you to understand God and what his plan is you have to understand the bigger picture. Not just the world and your life you live in. Let me ask you this Flyer. If all we had was happiness and prosperity around the world non stop. How would you know you where expierencing it, if you didnt have the exact opposite of it? Without World Suffering we wouldnt know we where expierencing the opposite coin of it. You wouldnt have anything to compare it too. Really step up your expansion of your mind and put it in perspective. Everything in our world has an opposite. Even the Elements do. Hot Cold, Dry Wet, On Off, Left Right, Up Down, Rich Poor, Ugly and beautiful.
Take 2 magnets and turn them so the polerity is reveresed, what happens? 1 way they attract, Other they push away. I could go on and on but I want to know you understand it before I begin to keep on explaining it. Its truely a beautiful thing.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How many here believe in gravity?

Is there ANYONE that believes gravity doesn't exist or doesn't know whether or not gravity exists?

I'm assuming everyone has raised their hand in affirmation or otherwise signified that they believe in gravity.

We all agree that gravity exists, even though there's really no proof. There's EVIDENCE that it exists, but we can't see it. We observe its effects, however. So we all pretty much agree.

(There's probably one troublemaker out there who's going to say they don't believe in it just to make me look bad, but I'll just contact my connections and have him banned...)

By the very nature of this thread, there is no proof nor collaborative evidence that God exists or else we'd all be agreeing like we do about gravity.

Belief in God is about FAITH (Belief without PROOF) That's the beauty of Faith. Once something is proven, it's no big deal to believe in it because it's... been proven. You'd have to be an idiot not to believe in it. But the beauty and wonder of belief in God is that it's a faith-based position. You can't and shouldn't try to convince others to share your faith.

I feel sure that God would be ashamed at his followers who call each other names and use anger and negative influence to manhandle people to get them to believe in Him. I'm sure he'd be emabarrassed.

If He exists...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Posiden
This is a very easy answer. Think back to when there was nothing at all. Absolutley nothing no atoms no molecules Absolutley nothing... Where do you think everything came from in our solar system and earth the sun if at first we had absolutley nothing? Go deep on that one and put it in perspective. If you think about it, how can science create something from nothing? Answer it can't! So something/someone/higher being had to make it happen. How did he/she/it make it happen when there is nothing at all to make it? Because he/she/it is God.

Erm well there is a very simple answer to this one. If there was nothing and god created everything then what created god? If god was simply there without any need to create him/her/it, then couldn't there have been a couple of pieces of energy lying around becuase they just were? Nothing created them they were just there. If you can argue that god just existed without being made then you can argue that the universe started from energy that was just there.

I havn't seen proof of god or an afterlife, equally although we know we die physically i have not seen science prove god doesn't exist. What if there is some kind of energy we havn't discovered that resides in the body, for lack of a better word we would call this a soul. What if this energy carries on after us as a sentient being in it's own right?

I have no idea but i like to think about it.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The fact that we can observe the effects of gravity is proof it exists. We observe the effects of a fire when it burns its surroundings and eventually dies.
In my lifetime, either personally or on the media, I have not observed the effects of God. I have seen so called "televangelists" knock people over without touching them using the power of God, love and faith.
I have also seen Derren Brown do the same thing, except he called it wehat it was: psychology.

Alot of people are taken in by charismatic religious figures and when they expect something to happen, it usually does but not the way it should.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
We all agree that gravity exists, even though there's really no proof. There's EVIDENCE that it exists, but we can't see it. We observe its effects, however. So we all pretty much agree.

The problem comes in with the attribution, not the observation of the phenomena. We see an apple fall, and for lack of anything better, we say that it fell because of gravity. The analogy doesn't work when it comes to "God." If we see a rock, how can we attribute its existence to this hypothetical "God?" Where is the direct causal link? Well, you can say, God is the creator, and the rock must have been created, therefore, God created it. But logically, you're making an assumption about God that may or may not be true, and even it it were true, there are other possibilities you are ignoring. Even if God is the creator, is there another creator? Of course, God would say there's only one. But what would you expect?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You could take that even further because how did GOd's creator get there? And its? And its, and its, and its etc etc etc

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
You could take that even further because how did GOd's creator get there? And its? And its, and its, and its etc etc etc

Actually that was my point, you can put that arguement to rest. Many religious people say god just "was". He/she/it existed without any creation of that being. So i simply say that if god was just there, then why couldn't the materials needed to create the universe just be there? Why couldn't they just spring into being as he/she/it apparently did.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
An interesting little refresher on Proof, Evidence, Fact and Theory

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So what if proof showed up tomorrow or when you die?

What if Jesus showed up tomorrow and started flying and making a satue come alive etc etc than what do you?

Would you ask Mr Wizard how the statue come alive and hire a study? lol

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
“The ultimate in optimism is believing that there is no life after death.” I forget the name of the person that authored that little jewel but I understand the thinking behind it. How sweet it would be to simply black out and be gone, forever at peace with what has passed and what will come.

Personally I don’t consider it my place to say if there is or is not a God. If there is, good. If there is not, even better. I will not live my life worrying about what is going to happen when I die. That is selfish and self-defeating thought. Instead I will live my life being the best person that I can be.

When I die I will either face my creator or I will not. If I spend this life doing what is right and working to make myself and this world a better place, It will be a joy to face God. If there is no God then it would have been a waste of life to have worried about it.

“Regardless of where you have been or where you are going, you will always be right where you are at.” I forgot who wrote that one too.

I’ll end this by saying, “If your heart is at peace with the life you are living and your soul is at peace with your creator, (whoever you consider that creator to be) then everything else is just icing on the cake.” I remembered the author on that little diddy, It was me.

Love and light my friends,

wupy

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey it's only going to be a very short amount of time before I die, personally, because even if I live 80 more years, in the scheme of things that's no time at all. When I die, I'll know. So will you. I'm not into the whole Jesus thing, but I know Christians deny a lot of metaphysical whatnot that I base my life upon. So I'm not sure how everything pieces together. All I know is 600,000 Wiccans were massacared in the Middle Ages, and 6 million Jews were killed during WWII, including a massive amount of my family. In fact, if there wasn't one decent soul in a camp during the Holocaust, my gramma would have been murdered when she broke her arm, just like all her sisters, parents, neighbors, friends, and relatives. I wouldn't be here then. It's a matter of legistics. It's about being a decent person. EVERYTHING in the works is based on Catholic beliefs. I know history, I know what the basis of America is, what the basis for Europe is. But you know, I've gotta say, I don't believe Jesus was Messiah... for my own personal reasons... but there has never been a gigantic murder of Christians. Ever. And I don't really want to hear anyone who belongs to a Church complain, because in my life, no matter where I go, I'm never in the majority and I'm never entierly accepted. My best friend has no religion, doesn't believe in God, doesn't really care, and lives an amazing life. I believe there is a higher power, but I'm not about to go make assumptions based on a bunch of people who like necromancy and wear, in essance, M-16s around their necks.

I'm just a bitter person, maybe, but I have enough reason not to believe in Jesus in God. This is the way I was born. These are the beliefs I was raised on. I have pentagrams around my house and alters in three rooms of my house. My dad reads the Torah and the Zohar. My mom is a healer. *shrugs* Whatever.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I know history, I know what the basis of America is, what the basis for Europe is. But you know, I've gotta say, I don't believe Jesus was Messiah... for my own personal reasons... but there has never been a gigantic murder of Christians. Ever. And I don't really want to hear anyone who belongs to a Church complain, because in my life, no matter where I go, I'm never in the majority and I'm never entierly accepted. My best friend has no religion, doesn't believe in God, doesn't really care, and lives an amazing life. I believe there is a higher power, but I'm not about to go make assumptions based on a bunch of people who like necromancy and wear, in essance, M-16s around their necks.

There have been mass killings of christians, i will name only one because i can't be bothered to go and find the names of the others. Look up the Armenian Genocide, if i remember correctly that involved over 1 million christians being killed. I may be wrong though.

Personally i don't care, i would treat you like i treat everyone else. I wouldn't have a go at someone for their religion and i wouldn't say something like And I don't really want to hear anyone who belongs to a Church complain, those statements cause problems.

If you are not accepted then move along, people who can't accept others because of their faith are idiots in my view and not worth knowing. I mean obviously there is a limit, i wouldn't be friends with a cult leader who recommends murder for example. Other than that i never understood why people can't just ignore or accept someones beliefs.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
GOD is DNA.

We exist because DNA is always seeking to replicate itself, to continue its existence.
DNA works to increase the odds of its survival through variation, which it uses to anticipate changes in future environments.
We are just another varation of a method or mechanism to make that happen.
We are born to create new variations and combinations of DNA, and we die because DNA requires us to die, so that a new generation with new genetic variations is born.
DNA makes us what we are as individuals, but is not concerned about us specifically as individuals, only as a species.
Intelligence, which creates abstract systems including those of law and religion, is designed to increase DNA's chance of survival.
DNA is with us always, and guides us to do things that are "good."
Everything we consider to be "good" is good for DNA. Good things are those that encourage health and procreation and protection. "Bad" things don't.

Pray to your DNA. Prayer calms and focuses you, improving your health, and helping DNA continue its drive toward replication and variation.

Thats fine that you think God is dna but let me ask you this who made this dna did it pop out of no where

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is amazing to me that there are so many people that do not believe in God, but i will say this thread as not gone to the devil, because God is showing through this no matter what negative things are said about him. God loves you all anyway and you are right one day we will find out about God, but I sure wouldnt want to be the one thats is wrong when God does show himself. Look at what happen to the people in Noahs time and the rulers that did not believe in God and were destroyed by the Jews.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thats fine that you think God is dna but let me ask
you this who made this dna did it pop out of no where

Well i would kind of go along with evolution there, we have evidence for such things. Granted all the pieces aren't in place but we have a good view of what the picture is.

Once again if god can pop out of nowhere then couldn't DNA? The argument there is truly flawed, if god can appear out of nowhere then so can other stuff.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join