It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified light phenomenon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
These following photos were not taken by me, but by a member of another forum I am on. The photos were taken last night in Barstom California facing West towards Edwards Air Force Base.

No one can figure out just what on earth they are.

And this one was taken about 20-30 minutes later, so the phenomenon obviously lasted a while.

Best we can tell, it was not an Aurorae as there were no flares or coronal holes passing, But if not a atmospheric event, then what exactly was it?

I posted this in this forum as it seemed the most fitting.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hey there, those photos are incredibly interesting, thanks for posting

They don't seem like auroras (I could be wrong)
This is the first time I've heard the term Unidentified Light Phenomenon (ULP), that looks real awkward in the night sky, I wonder how many other witnesses saw it? Could you tell us more on the story of how that member came to take that picture? And if that light was spinning in any way? What was it's speed and did it change position? Thanks

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Zeta_101]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, I do not know alot more of the story, But the photos were taken at the Flying J truckstop in Barstow. He saw the light in the sky and snapped a few pictures.
I am sure others had to see it as well, because there is a timespan of 20-30 minutes between the first 2 pictures and the 3rd picture.

He did say the lights appeared to be 10 to 20 miles away from the truck stop in the direction of EAF. As for the ULP description, that is the best description I could think of. It does not appear to be a solid object, but rather a weird atmospheric effect of some type. I must saw though, I have never seen anything like it before.
Especially not in California.

Another member in Manteca California also saw them, but for only 10-15 seconds.

Given the proximity to EAF I have to wonder if it was not an atmosphere ionization device like HAARP.

Another Edit, He says the Yellow looked like a trail when he first saw it, and gradually the entire thing just faded away.

[edit on 23/5/06 by ViriiGuy]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It looks to be "twilight phenomenon" from a rocket or missile launch.

Here's an external source : Vandenberg Air Force Base Missile Contrails seen from Fallbrook

Finally, once in a great while ("a small number out of more than 1,700 missiles" according to Vandenberg Air Force Base), an extra added bonus of a "twilight phenomenon" occurs. This spectacular event features the colors of the rainbow (specifically, green, blue, white and rose-colors) emanating from the top of the contrail. It is created when unburned missile propellant and water freezes in the upper atmosphere, and those frozen crystals are illuminated at the right angle by the sun, which must be below the horizon by 30-60 minutes of time.

And a couple of ATS threads :
tuscon sky after Vandenburg launch??

In California? Watch for a military launch Now.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Awsome work there!!!!
That looks to be exactly the same thing. I figured it had to have something to do with the base, being in such close proximity.

Thank you

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I live in Santa Barbara Calif, I think like 60 miles or so south of Vanderburg AFB, earlier in the year they launched an ICBM I took a bunch of pics but he's one.

They're similar. If you check Edwards website they generally list test launches and stuff like that, see if it coincides with your time frame

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think your right about that ICBM.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I remember another member posting pictures of the same thing but seen from Tuscon.

It is quite beatiful to see, and fascinating. I think the world would be a nicer place if all the governments of the world launched rockets that created pretty lights instead of nuclear or chemical destruction.

Its BEAUTIFUL, these contrails!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
IT IS POSSIBLY TIED TO THE UFOS WHICH ARE FLOWN BY EXTRA-/TERRESTRIALS AND ANYONE CAN CALL THEM JUST LIKE ANCIENT HISTORY THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE DONE SIMILAR THINGS LIKE THIS.

GREAT PIC.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
THEY DO SOME PRETTY WILD STUFF AND WE ALWAYS HEAR "IT WAS A ROCKET" YEA

top topics

join