It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy US Marshall Dies in Gun Battle with TN Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
Ummm the training is basically open to all public service people. Why would she be marked by law enforcement in Tennessee for something she found out in a training in Georgia? Why would something so secret be told to her at this training? She's just a Deputy U.S. Marshal so what kind of info would she be privy to anyhow? Take it for what it is people.

She could have met someone at the training that may have told her something. It could have been something that validated other information she may have had.

Then again, she could have had a quicky fling and found out later that the guy was married and flipped out over that. The point is, all we may ever have is conjecture.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

The point is, all we may ever have is conjecture.

No, not really. The facts are being shown as they come up in this case. Do you think someone called the Tennessee law enforcement up and said, "hey this lady knows something she shouldn't, shoot her" and subsequently they did as they were told????

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Do you think someone called the Tennessee law enforcement up and said, "hey this lady knows something she shouldn't, shoot her" and subsequently they did as they were told????

All sillyness aside, the TN law enforcement did as they were trained to do. Whether she was running from someone who was trying to silence her or she had flipped out, the end result is still the same.

My question is what was the trigger that caused the end result. As more information surfaces, we will either find out what really happened, or what "they" want us to think happened. Either way, the cause will be conjecture since the woman is dead and can't tell us why.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
[My question is what was the trigger that caused the end result. As more information surfaces, we will either find out what really happened, or what "they" want us to think happened. Either way, the cause will be conjecture since the woman is dead and can't tell us why.

Who are "they"? Dead people can tell us alot more than we give them credit for. Someone attempting to call 911 before the incident and then reporting later that she was "delusional" basically gives us a clue that she lost it. The fact that she had just received WMD training seems circumstantial to me. Anyhow, i'm sure the reason behind it will be determined as the investigation progresses.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the motto for tomorrow: if you know too much, then watch out and learn how to aim

LL out

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, and all we had before 911 was conjecture, and a PDB that said "watch out for AQ operatives hijacking airplanes to fly into buildings full of people."

Now we have all this "WMD Attack on US Soil Highly Likely" stuff floating around.

Next thing you know the headlines will read:

"Suspected Hezbollah Operative Detonates Suitcase Nuke at Border Crossing"

then

"US Closes Border, Institutes Martial Law" and "US Blames Iran for WMD Attack"

then

"US Retaliates Against Iran With Nuke-u-lar ICBMs"

I am half jesting, half jousting here. I don't like this story any more than the one about the NH Congressional candidate who got in an accident, got a bump on his head, then ended up wandering around, swimming a river, and being found huddled under some leaves. These are crazy times we live in, and they aren't getting any saner.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Okay I want to know why you expect there is a conspiracy to this. Please inform me, I just really want to understand??

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't expect anything. God's will be done is all I can say.

I'm suspicious, based on how things have gone down in the past, though, and how they are currently being portrayed. I think my suspicions are well justified, even if my possible conclusions are proven to be incorrect.

Peace

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

"Nobody saw this coming. No, there's no prior history that I'm aware of that would have brought this on," said David Jolley, a U.S. Marshals spokesman.
www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

U-S Marshal David Jolley says Fisher was a longtime employee of the Marshals Service. Assigned to the emergency management division, she carried a weapon as a part of her job. He says as late as Saturday night Fishers co-workers were at her Cordova home trying to help her. He says they called 9-1-1 twice, David Jolley with the U-S Marshal's Western Division says, "The deputies that came by were aware of some strange behavior and they came by to try and locate her last night and apparently she left the house and they were not able to find her until this incident happened Sunday morning." Jolley says Fisher who was divorced had just returned home from a week's training in Atlanta. He's not speculating why she was so upset, or saying if she shot at officers because she wanted them to shoot back at her. Jolley says, "We don't know anything about that. We're still working with the shelby county sheriff's department to piece together what may have happened. And, right now we really don't know we don't what led up to the shooting itself."

Emphasis mine

www.wreg.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

Her behavior was strange enough for co-workers to be at her home to “help her” and even call 911 twice. Nevertheless, nobody saw this coming.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Can "nobody saw this coming" not be interpreted to mean that before her co-workers realized she was having a problem and went to help her, that nobody thought there was a problem? That's how I interpreted it.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why didn't her fellow co-workers try and stop her. It doesn't say how many people were at her home. If they thought it was serious to call 911, why did they let her leave.

If she was erratic, doesn't this almost constitute letting someone drive under the influence. Isn't is the responsibiity of these people to hold her somehow.

If they thought something was seriously wrong, why would they let her out of their site, unless she didn't seem that erratic at first to warrent this, and it only occured to them after.

What were her friends doing there anyway. Just visiting or were they there to help her?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok, if this woman did not work for the government, would ANY of you even question this story? Let's just get right down to the nitty gritty here.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Women rarely commit gun violence, first off. Second off, most people without criminal records or outstanding warrants don't shoot at cops, government employee or not.

The fact that she worked for the government adds some depth to possible theories, but it's not as though it's the only shred of interest in the story. The circumstances are strange, nobody can say they are not.

Is there something wrong with wanting to know more, and speculating in the absence of complete information? I should hope not...

[edit on 15-5-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
ya i have this thing called Memory

and i recall that in the Past, the mass media outlets have skewed storys , changed facts, sensationalized things, and outright Lied

so im sorry, i cannot trust the medias side to Any story

they have too many agendas to support

thats why we have ATS, a place where we can Ask Questions
and if were lucky, get a Answer

so Zenlover, give me 1 good reason why i should accept the story the media offers and forget about this case? it smells really fishy to me, and alot of other ATS members

just give us 1 good reason why we should Trust the Media's "side" of the story??

and since your so ready to accept the medias side of the story, explain to all of us how they Knew it was a woman who "called 911 and hang up"
what are they Psychic?

also, why were her "coworkers" at her Home??

theres several possible answers to that, and the Majority of those possibilitys have the distinct appearance that Foul play was involved on the part of More than just the dead deputy

also, if by the small chance the media is actually telling us the truth today

Is this how our System deals with people w/mental problems??
just kill em?

Also, so do people just hang out at someones house like that when they run off?
Why didnt they stop her? Chase her?

OR did they Chase her then stop her?

dude seriously no one knows the truth in this incident, especially You or Me

so can we please ask questions b4 we just accept the medias spoonfed rhetoric?

thats all im asking , is for you to actually question things b4 you jump on the "oh your all paranoid theres no such thing as a conspiracy" bandwagon

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
All I think about this is WTF??!!

Does the United States not have a system to flag up federal Employee vehicles (Especially Police, Fire & Rescue, Law Enforcment agencies ect ect) Like they have here in the UK?

A Police car follows a vehicle, they run the numbers through DVLA ( Authority in charge of car registrations) and through PNC ( Police national Computer ) and if it is from a 'known' employee little hassle is given to it or the police are a little more aware of the drivers status - strange one this.

reminds me alot of a case in Northern Ireland in 2002. two Police Officers follow a lone female in a car - The female is from 14 Int (Undercover close target recce and arrest teams) she leads them a route around the roads till she gets to a roundabout, stops, gets out and shoots them both dead.

Just like this case her driving was stated as erratic, just like this case she was said to be 'under pressure at home' but unlike this case, she won the fire fight against the local Police. That case dropped from the papers like you would never believe it, and it will be interesting to keep an eye on this one to see how fast it sinks.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Eyewitness News Memphis
Police who were tending to a traffic accident say Fisher drove past them in her white BMW at about 4:00 a.m. Sunday and started to circle them in a somewhat taunting manner. Those officers called out another police unit to respond.

At about 6:00am :

Tennessean.com
Memphis police officers spotted Mary Fisher's car driving at a fast rate and weaving in and out of lanes around 6 a.m. Sunday. Fisher, 46, refused to stop when they put on their blue lights and sirens and led the officers to her house,

Let me ask all of you: are these the actions of someone who has discovered something sinister? I'm sure that's what I'd do - drive crazy in the middle of the night, circle cops, and refuse to stop.

What would be a dumb move would be is to lay low, act normal, and go to someone who can help, right?

When she was asked to exit the vehicle, started to do so, and then leaned back into the car grabbed her firearm and proceeded to fire at the officers, hitting one in the leg

More swift moves.

They are refusing to release the number of times she was shot, as the incident is still under investigation.

So? Normal while investigation is still ongoing.

Wait for the toxicology reports and any other medical reports.

It sounds like a woman who is divorced and despondent, and decided to commit suicide by cop. Had no cop been convenient, she probably would have eventually used her gun on herself, after she "dealt" with her ex.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Jeez, the things you'll do on Ambien....

lol

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What did her training involve?

A training course on something to do with taking away peoples rights and enslaving them?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

When she was asked to exit the vehicle, started to do so, and then leaned back into the car grabbed her firearm and proceeded to fire at the officers, hitting one in the leg

More swift moves.

Just a little side note to play Devils Advocate here - is it possible she was going to comply with the police and then spotted the same person she was trying to evade with the 'erratic driving' with them and realized she was in danger. Not saying that's what happened, but that could very well explain that odd reaction.

If she had intended to open up on the cops initially, she would not have left her gun in the car...she would only have gone for it as a last ditch attempt to 'escape' from whatever. Like I said, not attempting to prove or deny the conspiracy angle just giving a scenario that might explain her actions.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ummm the training is basically open to all public service people. Why would she be marked by law enforcement in Tennessee for something she found out in a training in Georgia? Why would something so secret be told to her at this training? She's just a Deputy U.S. Marshal so what kind of info would she be privy to anyhow? Take it for what it is people.

Yes, I can see you have never been to any training...

Aren't they supposed to call in the FBI when a federal marshal is shot? Where are they?

Hey, don't ask me, I'm not even an american.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join