It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy US Marshall Dies in Gun Battle with TN Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

A deputy U.S. marshal was killed in a shootout with police officers who had stopped the agent for driving erratically early Sunday, authorities said.

Mary Fisher, 46, refused to stop when officers tried to pull her over and led the officers to her home around 6 a.m., according to Sgt. Vince Higgins, a police spokesman.

When the officers told her to get out of the car, she opened her door, pulled out a gun and started shooting at them, Higgins said.

Oh man, what was goin' on there? Do you suppose we'll ever find out?

People of all ages, all professions, can just go nuts. However, when I read about officers from two different branches of Law Enforcement, exchanging shots across a parking lot, I get a little suspicious, and very curious. Maybe it was just the wrong day to pull her over, maybe it was a freak chemical chain reaction caused by imbalanced salinity, maybe it was sunspots - maybe it was a conspiracy...

Is this a case of crooked local cops, or just a crazy Marshall? On that note, what sort of deputy US Marshall leaps out of the car at a traffic stop and plugs the arresting officers?

I'm repeating myself, to a degree, but basically I'm just sharing my internal questions with y'all, maybe you too have questions, or better yet, answers.

Notice the informant? A 'work associate' at the home told police that Mary was 'delusional.' Maybe Mary knew something she shouldn't have, and was being given 'the choice' by someone higher up the totem pole? Or maybe it was her word against his on some sensitive subject...

What's the story behind this story, I'm very curious?

Dae

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Very weird, I can see why you posted it. Did you notice how they knew it was a woman who called 911 and hung up?

Sheriff's deputies went to Fisher's home just before 10 p.m. Saturday after a woman there dialed 911 and hung up.

So when they get to her house, shes gone and the 'work associate' tells the police that she is delusional. It didnt say who made the call or why it was made...

Fisher is then seen later on by other police because she is driving erratically near a crash scene, she wont pull over and the police 'chase' her to her house, where she gets out of the car and shoots away.

Freeze there a moment, according to the report she shoots one officer in the leg and the other is unharmed... so why cant the officers say how many times they shot her?! What, they have unlimited ammo or something? Did they have to shoot back with such ferocity where they loose count of how many times they shot her?

I doubt we will here more about this somehow.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Man good find...does this scream BS to anyone else. 10pm a fem calls 911 and hangs up. but they didnt go out to investigate(they sure as heck do here) but yet when she drove past a crash scene driving erratically, they follow her all the way back to her residence and have a gun battle....puhleeze. She knew something and was killed for it is the vibe i get too Dae.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow

Place that story into a movie scene and the possibilities are endless.

Did she know something so important, she could not trust the police?

Was she deliberately silenced?

Was she driving erratically to evade someone?

Many more questions will probably never be answered

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
From what I've gathered so far ...

911 receives a call from the residence, caller hangs up.

Shortly before 10pm Saturday officers arrive at the residence to investigate the call. They are informed by a Federal Marshall's "work associate" that she is/was delusional and had left the premises in her car.

Then, at about 4:00am Sunday:

Eyewitness News Memphis
Police who were tending to a traffic accident say Fisher drove past them in her white BMW at about 4:00 a.m. Sunday and started to circle them in a somewhat taunting manner. Those officers called out another police unit to respond.

At about 6:00am :

Tennessean.com
Memphis police officers spotted Mary Fisher's car driving at a fast rate and weaving in and out of lanes around 6 a.m. Sunday. Fisher, 46, refused to stop when they put on their blue lights and sirens and led the officers to her house,

When she was asked to exit the vehicle, started to do so, and then leaned back into the car grabbed her firearm and proceeded to fire at the officers, hitting one in the leg.

They are refusing to release the number of times she was shot, as the incident is still under investigation.

Hmmmm..... ???

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, I'm peering just a bit deeper into this rabbit hole, and I found something interesting...

www.wreg.com...

U-S Marshal David Jolley says Fisher was a longtime employee of the Marshals Service. Assigned to the emergency management division, she carried a weapon as a part of her job. He says as late as Saturday night Fishers co-workers were at her Cordova home trying to help her. He says they called 9-1-1 twice, David Jolley with the U-S Marshal's Western Division says, "The deputies that came by were aware of some strange behavior and they came by to try and locate her last night and apparently she left the house and they were not able to find her until this incident happened Sunday morning." Jolley says Fisher who was divorced had just returned home from a week's training in Atlanta. He's not speculating why she was so upset, or saying if she shot at officers because she wanted them to shoot back at her. Jolley says, "We don't know anything about that. We're still working with the shelby county sheriff's department to piece together what may have happened. And, right now we really don't know we don't what led up to the shooting itself."

(my emphasis)

I've read about a hundred articles this morning, on this issue, and this is the only one carrying this information. I don't know if it's true or not, but it is not being reproduced by the major media outlets, and that always makes me take notice.

Maybe they just don't think that tidbit adds anything to the story...

We know different though, don't we?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
maybe she just had a bad day

Dae

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

www.wreg.com...

U-S Marshal David Jolley says Fisher was a longtime employee of the Marshals Service. Assigned to the emergency management division, she carried a weapon as a part of her job. He says as late as Saturday night Fishers co-workers were at her Cordova home trying to help her. He says they called 9-1-1 twice, ...

(Dae's emphasis)

Interesting how the CNN article says there was one 911 call made by a woman who hung up. And here we have Jolley saying they called twice. The man should make a statement on why he called 911, was it to ask for an ambulance? Did they phone her doctor? He also says she just came back from the weeks training but had a house full of coworkers "trying to help her", why were they there? Did Fisher call them up, did some of them go to this weeks training too? Really, he should at least say why they called 911 twice.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It is possible that the cops that were following her didn't know she was a marshal and she got the same treatment as the general public.

We can't hear her side of the story.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

www.wreg.com...

Jolley says Fisher who was divorced had just returned home from a week's training in Atlanta.

(my emphasis)

Wanna bet they are going to claim she was distressed about her divorce and was committing suicide by cop? Otherwise, why mention she was divorced?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
godservant, I think we have to assume the cops gave her the treatment anyone else would receive. She wasn't 'on the job', she was apparently menacing a traffic stop with her vehicle and then led them on a chase.

Also, according to the cops, she shot first, and wounded one of the officers before they returned fire. It's a clear cut case of self-defense if it went down the way they said it went down. There may have been neighbors watching, there were certainly enough folks listening...

So, according to the information available right now, the cops did nothing wrong (additional eye/earwitnesses may yet come forward).

Even if she had special plates, or flashed her badge, if you drive like a drunk and don't pull over, the cops will draw their weapons and order you out of the vehicle when you finally decide to stop. Everyone knows that.

The cops were probably just doing their job, trying to keep people safe.

I wonder if she just had a major breakdown, but that seems a little too convenient. Maybe she was distraught about her home situation. I don't know the custody situation with her child, whether her former husband has partial custody or what. That could have something to do with it.

It's wide open right now, I acknowledge that, and I don't profess to have any special insider information about the case. It's just a curious situation that's getting comparatively little coverage - probably because the motive is so opaque right now.

Edit: darkelf Maybe, maybe... There defnitely appears to be a pattern here, with that mention, and the bit about co-workers counseling her, and the 'delusional' descriptor. It's possible she did just go nuts, people sometimes do. But I think we should keep our minds open, in case additional information becomes available.

It disturbs me how readily people will write you off, if you bear certain labels (terrorist, criminal, molester, hacker, crazy, nazi, etc.), even without having details of your circumstances available. For example, a news report runs saying that police shot a terrorist in his home in California, most people will not investigate further, or question the details. It was a terrorist, after all...

This puts a great deal of power in the hands of the labelers, and we should be wary of that.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There's so much fishing on this site that I was fully prepared to just write this article off as another reach-for-a-conspiracy. Now I'm not so sure.

So why did this woman seem to have some sort of emotional breakdown immediately upon returning from Atlanta? What was this Atlanta training about? And why were so many of her coworkers at her home? Did her behavior in Atlanta while attending the 'training' cause senior people to alert coworkers back in TN? Did something she learned at the Atlanta training send her over the edge?

Sure, people short-circuit all the time. But there is always a trigger. She's too old for the onset of schizophrenia or the related paranoid delusional behavior. For this woman to be employed by DOJ and be armed she had to have passed regular psych and medical screenings. Seems like the key here is whatever went on in Atlanta.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Geez, talk about alot of paranoia in this thread. Why do people assume she was innocent and the police who shot her in some way corrupt ?
Wake up people, this isn't some convaluted Hollywood movie plot here - don't treat it like it is

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think I have a notion where she was training.

www.dola.state.co.us...

The Center for Domestic Preparedness is the United States Department of Homeland Security's only federally chartered WMD training center. The Center began operations in June of 1998 as the only all hazards training center, offering training on Chemical, Ordnance, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

If you are a state or local responder this training is completely funded by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security at no cost to you or your jurisdiction. We fly you into Atlanta Airport, pick you up, transport you to the Center (former site of Fort McClellan), and provide all meals and lodging as well as provide you with the best in WMD training available.

Classes are challenging, safe, and professional. Whether you are a law enforcement, public works, hazardous materials, medical services, emergency management, public official, fire and rescue professional, or serve in any other capacity in the emergency response community, one of the following training classes is for you.

I don't have any information stating that she attended, but it fits...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Rogue... I'm not sure anyone --- certainly not I --- is saying the police were corrupt or acted unprofessionally in this incident. The question for me is why was this woman acting out? Why did she become dellusional immediately following this Atlanta training? Why were so many of her coworkers already at her home?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think she may have been of good conscience and about to go public with something she learned in connection with her WMD training. All the other Marshall Services co-workers, the 911 calls, and the reports of her being 'delusional' just don't add up to me. Of course its possible she was having a breakdown, but if so, why, and why wasn't she simply restrained by the others until medical help could be summoned? Were they afraid of something she was going to say, and did she have evidence to back it up?

No, I think they may well have been trying to talk her out of a whistleblowing type of event, and once she left the premises, she was marked for sanctioning. The 'accident' could well have been aimed at her, and she may have avoided it. The claims of taunting, and the armed response to erratic driving don't add up either. If she was so erratic, how was she able to lead them back to her house? Why would she open fire unless she felt her own life was in danger?

Watch what happens next. I hate to say it, but my concerns about a WMD attack on home soil increased when I read this thread. With the NG being deployed to the border, and all the pressure on the current administration, the time is ripe for something big to go down.

For all we know they'll blame a WMD event on the southern border on jihadists sneaking in from Mexico, then give it a big "I told you so," and institute marshal law.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Maybe the accident was caused by someone chasing her. It is possible that she went back to see how the accident was being handled. It sounds too strange for my taste. I see too many red herrings being thrown out with this story. How often does a story of this type break with as much info as this one has?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I live less than a mile from where this happened. It's a very nice neighborhood, very unusual for any type disturbance like this. The Memphis police don't screw around, if they see a weapon, they shoot first ask questions later. Here's a link to the local paper.

Commercial Appeal

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Somewhat insightful and rather interesting video link here,
Officers Investigate Shooting: Kontji Anthony

Three agencies are currently involved in this investigation,
the U.S. Marshals, Memphis Police and Sheriff's Departments.

There do seem to be some conflicting reports as to what and how it happened, then again it's rather typical in "Breaking News" scenarios.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I think she may have been of good conscience and about to go public with something she learned in connection with her WMD training. All the other Marshall Services co-workers, the 911 calls, and the reports of her being 'delusional' just don't add up to me. No, I think they may well have been trying to talk her out of a whistleblowing type of event, and once she left the premises, she was marked for sanctioning.

Ummm the training is basically open to all public service people. Why would she be marked by law enforcement in Tennessee for something she found out in a training in Georgia? Why would something so secret be told to her at this training? She's just a Deputy U.S. Marshal so what kind of info would she be privy to anyhow? Take it for what it is people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join