It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy US Marshall Dies in Gun Battle with TN Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
No, not really. The facts are being shown as they come up in this case. Do you think someone called the Tennessee law enforcement up and said, "hey this lady knows something she shouldn't, shoot her" and subsequently they did as they were told????

PLEASE STOP...!

arrgh!

OF COURSE they didn't tell them that! They would say she turned CRAAAAZY, and was armed, end of story. Take down.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of the recent movie Crash, did they check her spare tire to see if there was a ton of money in it

Interesting stuff nevertheless

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Seems to be alot of conflicting stories and information.
This news article states the Mary Fisher called 911 herself, then hung up.
It also makes no mention of friends being at her house.

www.wmcstations.com...

typing in google search and MSN doesn't give too many articles about this. I would think that this is big news, considering all the parties of law enforcement involved, and the fact that none of them seems to have their facts straight.

Also people keep making reference to the fact she was divorced, but makes no mention if it was recent or long ago. Not that this may have anything to do with it, maybe she suffered from something that was undetected. Or maybe she found out something medically pertaining to her during her training. Wouldn't someone in this position have to take a medical exam on a regular basis?

The police I believe were doing their job, if this is how it truly went down, but I also think it is strange that she would even shoot at them. She was aware they were chasing her, why did she attempt to get out of the car first, then hesitate, lean back in and get her gun. Why would she feel the need to use her gun as I'm sure normally, rational thinking on her part would presume the police wouldn't shoot her as soon as she stepped out of her vehicle.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Let me give this a shot.

explain to all of us how they Knew it was a woman who "called 911 and hang up" what are they Psychic?

No, probably not psychic. The dispatch computer links the phone number to the home address, and also to who owns the phone. If you're a guy, and you got 123 phone number, if you call the police in most large jurisdictions - which Memphis certainly is- they would know it came back to John Doe. So they'd know they were likely dealing with a man.

also, why were her "coworkers" at her Home??

Maybe because they're friends and knew she was in a bad place in her head. Not bad enough to suicide, perhaps, but a bad place; Fisher certainly had a ton of things happening, all which were not necessarily easy to deal with. Divorce, possibility of moving (one salary no longer affords the home), returning from training, possibly losing her child, et cetera. All that takes it's toll on a person...so maybe they were friends coming over to watch movies and drink beer together. My friends do that for me if it's a rough time, as I do for them.

theres several possible answers to that, and the Majority of those possibilitys have the distinct appearance that Foul play was involved on the part of More than just the dead deputy

Your assumption is, frankly, based in something other than the released facts. We just don't know if foul play was involved whatsoever. We do know certain things, and until those things change, it's illogical to assume that foul play was involved.

Is this how our System deals with people w/mental problems??
just kill em?

What experience have you had with mental illness? Know anyone you're very close to who has one?

And in my opinion, I believe the officers did right; they were faced with a choice, one not of their making apparently, and did what they had to do to go home. It's what they're taught...and they waited until she fired before firing at her. I promise you, if anyone - sane or not - fires at an LEO, they will experience the dubious honor of experiencing return fire.

Also, so do people just hang out at someones house like that when they run off? Why didnt they stop her? Chase her?

Sure. I'd stay, and do what I could to alert people that there was an issue with my friend. Since a car was taken, there'd be no ability to follow it after three seconds' lead, especially if she knew tactical driving (as I do), and how to lose a person quickly. So sure, I'd wait at their home, hoping that as soon as they got out onto the open road, their head would clear and they'd come home...where I could help.

As for why they didn't stop her, perhaps she waved her service weapon at them. Perhaps they didn't want to get physical with her. Who knows?

Have you ever been toe-to-toe with a delusional person? One bent on suicide? I have. Thankfully, there were no weapons within reach, but had there been, I have NO doubt I'd've been assaulted...she was going to kill herself by fair means or foul, and wasn't able to because of my intervention. But it got very physical; I'm not a small person, and she was, so I wasn't too concerned even after a few punches to the face. Bearhugging can work - but only if you outweigh, and are stronger than, your unarmed opponant. She did not kill herself. But it was dicey, and close.

We all would like to think we'd do something like that if faced with the problem. Most people won't. It's a sad fact, but it's a real one.

Mental illness is not obvious. It is not apparent most of the time. And when it is apparant, immediate intervention must occur.

BTW, do you know what happens to a person when they are committed to a mental hospital? Any idea of the ramifications? In this case, she would face losing her career as well as the divorce, loss of home and child. She may have thought her life was over...

Best-
Aimless

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
*sniff* *sniff* I smell conspiracy.

All this sounds weird to me, and in today's world, you gotta expect anything.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i dont understand at all why shere was a shootout

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ever been exposed to a revelation about the world around you that changed your entire perspective on life instantaneously? It can cause symptoms very like mental illness. In fact, it can literally drive you crazy. It takes a very resilient mind to accomodate such revelatory information and remain functional in the short term.

Take your significant other suddenly breaking up with you for no apparent reason when you thought things were going smashingly and the two of you were about to go away for a romantic weekend. Something like that really takes the wind out of you mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Now consider this revelation may have ten times that significance, involving government actions and your job, and severe ramifications for the people you are sworn to protect. All your co-workers are in on it. Your friends, your partners, people you trust. They are telling you that you have to go along, that you have no choice.

You freak out and bail. The hit teams move in. The shadow government has resources at its disposal you might find it difficult to fathom, people in positions of responsibility at all levels, with quick access to almost any area, especially major metropolitan areas, and they can be mobilized on a moments notice. Consider also that mental illness is one of the chief cover stories used for this situation by the shadow government.

Think about it. This story has many of the markers of just such a scenario. Confusion and plausible deniability are part of the plan.

I'd like to find out more about who her ex was, and what his affiliations are. That could be a big piece of the puzzle.

Of course I could be wrong, and she just lost it, and her friends couldn't stop her.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nah she was a victim of a hit - plain and simple. You don't do a suicide by cop because of a break up, or there never would be any cops left in the world - the divorce and remarry rate is sky high.

Cops never take it out on others , they eat the gun, not try and share a few slices around first.

This stinks - we need to know who she was, what she was working on, and who her other half is. Then we can make a better judgement. Till then i go with the organised hit on some one who knew far too much.

One thought. Federal marshall - Protection team. Could some one of blabbed too much to her as she was looking after tem? bored people talk alot to kill time.........

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian IX

Yes, I can see you have never been to any training...

Aren't they supposed to call in the FBI when a federal marshal is shot? Where are they?

Hey, don't ask me, I'm not even an american.

How do you know the FBI isn't investigating, are you there? LOL...i've never been to a federal training, eh?

No you please stop. Your paranoia is giving me a headache.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
How did 911 dispatch know it was a woman? Perhaps she said something before hanging-up? Like, "nevermind...". Just because the phone/address is listed to a women dispatch can't just assume it was the resident who called. Also, depending on which report you read there was either one 911 call or up to three (additional ones made by friends/coworkers).

If she was planning 'suicide-by-cop' why would she shoot one of the officers? The usual routine is simply to brandish a weapon menacingly. Police will do the rest (as well they should).

Police knew they were tailing a federal agent. As soon as they brought up the registration that would be flagged.

She would have received regular (I believe annual) medical and psych evaluations so it would appear something significant and sudden triggered this incident.

Finally, people keep dragging her divorce/custody into the equation. Did I miss something? Did someone read somewhere that all this was recent? That she even has kids? Besides, if she's divorced then it's a done deal. The worst of the ugliness (all the fighting over property, custody, etc.) is past.

It all just sounds weird. Like something is missing in the equation. Huge conspiracy? Probably not. But not as cut-and-dry as some are trying to paint either IMHO.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Many of us have stated that she could have gone off the deep end and committed suicide by cop. What we are doing is questioning this story. Since there does not appear to be much information forthcoming, our curiosity is piqued. Questioning things does not make one paranoid. This is ATS, a conspiracy site. It is what we do. We question things and try to discover the truth based on the facts we are given. In the absence of facts, we postulate. We use our combined experiences and imaginations to dig for the truth or what fits if the media story doesn’t fit. Our postulations may not be the truth, but at least we are questioning.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I agree with jtma. Why even mention that she was divorced? That's all that is said. No speculation, no due to her recent divorce, etc...

Also, if delusional how does she have the presence of mind to hesitate and go back for her weapon? In a court of law that is a calculated decision is it not?

I'm not one to see conspiracy in everything but this one just doesn't add up.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why would her registration say that she was a Federal Agent? Do you think they drive their cars home??????

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Aimless

Nice reply. Thanks for your insight.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
This is ATS, a conspiracy site. It is what we do. We question things and try to discover the truth based on the facts we are given. In the absence of facts, we postulate. We use our combined experiences and imaginations to dig for the truth or what fits if the media story doesn’t fit. Our postulations may not be the truth, but at least we are questioning.

I absolutely agree - question everything. But also accept information from those who would know, or who give other information. Use that in the formulation of a theory which can stand scrutiny.

One of the things I always rely on when looking at something...and that is the idea of Occam's razor. If there is a simple explanation, that most likely is it. Does that idea hold water each and every time? No, of course not...if it did, I'd've not signed up in the first place.

However, as someone who has experience in the field of mental illness, I would suggest that those who think she couldn't have cracked under pressure, even if it is pressure other people face with regularity and equinimity, those people might be very surprised by a sudden break in a friend, relative, or acquaintance. It's possible, and probable, that this is what occurred.

Further, if someone doesn't understand the pressure LEOs are under, and how they can crack just as fast, as easily, and as readily as anyone else, then they don't really understand the fragility of a chemically imbalanced mind...and no, the tests are not there for annual mental evaluations as far as I know.

I feel badly for absolutely everyone in this situation; Fisher, her friends, and those who were forced to take action to protect their lives and in that action took another's life. I really don't believe there's any conspiracy in this event...it's a tragedy, and they occur with dispairing frequency, but it's not a conspiracy to murder Fisher.

As always, it's simply my opinion...you are as welcome to yours as I am to mine.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder what the nature of the training she had supposedly just completed was? Could she have suffered some sort of trauma to the head that caused her delusions?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's the way that it is being reported that is raising eyebrows. Most of the time, the rationale in a simple explanation would suffice. Maybe it's just the media in this case.

As for suddenly going off the deep end, I have first hand experience and it's usually not as sudden as it would appear. Starts out with little changes in personality and builds to a crescendo. Too bad we don't know about possible erratic behavior leading up to this other than the driving issue.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Police knew they were tailing a federal agent. As soon as they brought up the registration that would be flagged.

Nope not aimless. Just asking a serious question. Do you all think government workers drive their cars home? Because if you do, you definitely don't know as much as you think you do.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I can tell you that I've seen law enforcement drive cars home. Oviously you are getting at something here. So what is it?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Icarus, I am thinking like you are... (that could be good, could be bad)

I have heard of several cases of various types that all began from a mysterious 9-1-1 hangup call...

You see, when a drug enforcement, or child endangerment situation is fully known by the local police, it is not unheard of for the report to state, that "unknown persons called 9-1-1, and a police unit was sent to investigate". It gives them a reason to be where they are, doing what they are doing...

I am unsure how easy it is to "insert" a 9-1-1 phone record, but in the cases i am familiar with, it seemed mighty convienant that a mysterious 911 call occured right when a big drug deal was going down in the same house...

Maybe that info helps...

It all seems mighty fishy, but an investigation should get answers, since the marshalls service is doing their own... (if it was just local police, i would worry)

also, the bird flu thread has a link to a story regarding a local security official, who went terminally depressed following a seminar related to the measures neccessary in an bird flu outbreak situation, regarding killing all pets, and domestic animals in the area of the outbreak, to eliminate further disease vectors... she was pretty upset, and promptly violated the secrecy order, in order to talk to a friend about it.

Maybe something like this, could cause a rational person to go nuts...
If you were just told that the sky was falling, but not to tell anyone...
you might go nuts also...

[edit on 16-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join