It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Busy place! Just some tonic water, Jeeves. Over ice.

...I think the jukebox is silent, so I'll just waltz over to the LN stage...here's a tribute to that great songstress, Lois Armstrong, Louis's sister...

I see trillions being spent, pigs at the trough.
Leaders were criminals, like Bernie Madoff.
And I think to myself, what a fine mess we're in.

Jobs go away, folks are laid off.
CEOs were greedy, like Bernie Madoff.

I need a good job, need good health.
Let gays marry, return us our wealth.

We need to go green, keep the world clean.
Live simply, be happy, quit being so mean.
And I think to myself, it could be so good.
And I think to myself, it could be so good.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Yup, pretty much.

Usually for these types of threads its only necessary to look over the most recent posts, then just jump in the convo when your ready.

Thank you for enlightening me, kind sir!

I like threads like this....
Not quite sure what to jump in with. I'll try again tomorrow.

I did not realize there was a thread like this til yesterday (I think that was yesterday), but these are always fun and often amusing, so I'd just like to say....'tis superb to have found this, indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

I miss that hair!

Sound like a sequel to that old musical "Hair"

Christ, I know what you mean E_B. I still wear mine long with a ponytail but on top my scalp shines like a beacon to freedom. Looking like an old hippy longing for the bygone days. I have notice that a lot of men of retirement age or thereabouts are letting their hair grow back now that they don't really have to keep up appearances for the "man" or "woman" in the corporate jungle.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
reply to post by nick_napalm

I don't honestly care that much about my times, or winning, or anything like that. I run, for the pure and simple reason that I just love running.

That's great. You should try a marathon then. It is truly you vs. the race...the distance. The other people do not matter (although they usually are a lot of fun to hang out with before and after the race)

I run because I love it too. I have been dealing with a lot of injuries for the past two years and it has been driving me crazy. I bike more when my knees are bothering me or my left foot (tendonitis)....

This is what I want to do next when and if I can get in shape for it:
www.badwater.com...

There is nothing about winning in that race. It's about survivng!

Peace all!

Yeah, I'd love to run a marathon. Though I don't really think I'm ready yet for one.

I've heard about that badwater ultramarathon, it seems pretty intense, but I bet its a really good feeling knowing that you completed that.

This song is awesome!!!!

Lyrics:
Black is the night, metal we fight
Power amps set to explode
Energy screams, magic and dreams
Satan records their first note.
We chime the bell, chaos and hell
Metal for maniacs pure.
Fast melting steel, fortune on wheels
Brain hemmorage is the cure

For
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll

Freaking so wild, nobody's mild
Giving it all that you've got.
Wild is so right, metal tonight
Faster than over the top.
Open the core enter hells door
Black is the code for tonight
Atomic force, feel no remorse
Crank up the amps now it's night

BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll
metal ten fold through the deadly black hole
riding hells stallions bareback and free
Taking our chances with raw energy

Come ride the night with us
Rock hard and fight
United my legions we stand
Freak hard and wild for us
Give up your souls
Live for the quest satan's band
Let's go

Against the odds, black metal gods
Fight to achieve our goal
Casting a spell, leather and hell
Black metal gods rock `n' roll
Building up steam, nuclear screams
Warheads are ready to fight
Black leather hounds, faster than sound
Metal our purpose in life.

BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
BLACK METAL
Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll
BLACK METAL

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hmmm.......thank you for sharing with us Nick. You know, you are what we needed around here. Someone new and as mental as the rest of us.

I mean that in all sincerity. Nice to have a new personality in here. I feel like an old man in an old folks home and some poor kid is here to do community service. Everyone wants to share their stories and they each have thousands of them

Barkeep...Spam Martinis all around!

I love Spam.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Someone say
? Jeeves, a
martini, please. I love the heavy mental around here!

Hey! Why does my barstool have rockers on it?

Love the metal, Nick! Thanks for informing me about King Diamond. Interesting.

My son just told me last night, that he's going to start training to run marathons. Hmmmmm...synchronicity happens.

I wonder when phoebeflakes will drop by again.

Oh, BTW, Lounge Noir will remain open regardless of any swine flu outbreaks.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm glad to be feeling the love around here!!!
This is one of the only discussion boards I actually behave on :shk:
:shk:
. So consider your self's lucky
. Well, this and metal archives.

And no problem desert, I'm happy to hear that I helped introduce somebody to some metal.

In other news at track practice today I was feeling really dumb, because were having these 100 and 200 time trials. And everyone had to do them even the distance people and throwers.

This was on the 100, and it was my first time using blocks. So when I take off I somehow mess up, and end up tripping and falling when I get out of my blocks. Then I have to get up and run the rest of the race. It sucked

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Blocks suck if you're not used to them and I never was. We ocassionally had to play with them also and it was never pretty.

Then, if you have spikes on and your not used to them it's even worse.

Many a runner has ended up on his or her face coming out of blocks...myself included.

Peace all!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Your telling me man.

Though my start for my 200 was alright.

I just realized I have a half day tomorrow. That makes me happy .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No one wants to chit chat any more???

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey Nick. Sometimes you have to be patient here. We all kind of come and go but always end up back here (at least I hope everyone ends up back here).

Good to see you. How many miles today? I did an easy 5. Just got back.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Well, on most of the other sites I post on, these types of threads are usually some of the most active threads on the website. While this thread is only mildly active.

And yeah, we just did an easy 6 mile run today. Yesterday was a hard day (we had to do hill, and I practically passed out after them.) So today was just a recovery day.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Morning, nick. Morning, E_B.
Jeeves, I need my coffee. Black...like I like my...licorice.

Chit chat? Hell, I've been accused of blathering. Not lately...I think they just turn the music louder and watch me mumble.

Oh...what're these?...no!...whoever ordered the masks to help contain the Swine Flu here didn't quite understand...
while appropriate for here, these are definitely not going to work.

Hey, I just read in my local newspaper, that a cross town rival got beat by the underdog in track. Hadn't been able to beat them in years. Yay!

Actually, nick, you must be running at the speed of light, so when you return here, it just looks like a lot of time has passed.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Actually, nick, you must be running at the speed of light, so when you return here, it just looks like a lot of time has passed.

Light speed...yeah baby! Hey my brothers and sisters, just checkin in....
I hung with Dennis the other day on the set. We had a few things in common...
www.slashfilm.com...

Apparently I have come out of semi retirement and pretty much back to work full time with all sorts of productions that have started up this spring/summer. Color me this guy...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Man, I really need something to do.

All my friends seem to be busy tonight
, so now I'm just sitting at home aimlessly surfing the internet. And I already do enough of this as it is.

In other news track was really easy today, we just had to do a 400 time trial and then a few hills. So that was pretty sweet.

Hey, I just read in my local newspaper, that a cross town rival got beat by the underdog in track. Hadn't been able to beat them in years. Yay!

I like to think I run that fast
, and thats cool to here your track team won. My team has been alright this year. We have some really good sprinters, but besides that we're pretty mediocre.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
yeah, my son's former higher school always has a good team. town has 50,000 (smallish for California) and three high schools, so cross town rivalry fun. Some years we have a runner or two go on to state finals.

nick, what math class do you have? What other subjects are you studying this year? Swine flu hit your high school?

whaaa, I'm glad you talked with my neighbor, Dennis Delgado. He didn't tell you any stories about our neighborhood parties that would be cause for my embarrassment, did he? Next time you talk to him, tell him that his small rat...dog...yaps too much and is irritating my camel...oh...hahaha...so sorry...wrong Dennis...you shameless name dropper...of course, I knew it was Dennis Hopper!...next time you see Dennis, tell him desert says, "Hi!".

whaaa, that really is great about all the work you're getting! Sounds like you're gonna be busy. Dew drop inn here when you get a chance

nick, go here out of control windmill to see some flying metal! Then I have a story to tell you.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
*glitches in and sits in the corner...nursing a 20 oz. of Mountain Dew....starts picking his nose*

Oh shoot....I didn't see you all here. I wasn't picking my nose. I had to scratch it. Yeah, it was itchy.

What's up peeps?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh, hi, E_B!
I didn't see you there in the corner. Uh...I was just adjusting the back of my thong...honestly...

Fish tacos at the buffet tonight!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What up everybody??? I haven't been here for a few days, but I've been pretty busy with homework and track and such.

Desert, I'm in geometry right now and it sucks
, I also have chemistry which is just as bad, then AP world history, Spanish 2, Autos, word processing, and American lit.

There's only a month left and school and I just want it to be done, I have lost all my motivation.

And what's this story you got to tell me???

[edit on 6-5-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

I've been pretty with homework and track and such

It's nice to hear that you are pretty. I, on the other hand, am about a 4.

Barkeep, give Nick whatever he wants and put it on whaaa's tab. I'll have a Monster M-80......

Peace everyone and why is it getting slowly more and more dead around here? It saddens me...

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join