It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jen, good to see you! Here, slide this non-skid runner underneath you. I would hate to see you injured in a slippery fall from the bar.

nick, my son ran the 800 and the 2 mile, too! His best friend was the 100m champ. Sort of like immediate gratification with the sprints. Gun burst, legs pumping like pistons, over quick, crowd cheers. Then the long distance ... good time to go to the bathroom or get a snack, while the runners vie for position and pace themselves, finally the parents cheering as their child finishes.

***desert whispers in E_B's ear*** ...E_B, my authority on all things cultural, who is nick's avatar?...

Ant4, oops, sorry 'bout the mess. Jeeves, clean up on center aisle! Here, I had the kitchen send out one of those large, bloody, meaty beef leg bones, with
on the side. My dogs used to look like the Flinstone's Dino, when they ate those huge bones. Who's the good desert now...yes, who's the good girl...could someone scratch behind my ear, please?...

yay BBQ season...Erin Go Braless!...

Whaaa!! I said scratch behind my ear, not pat my rear!...feels good, though...who's the good boy now...yes, who's the good boy...wanna scratch my back if I scratch yours?...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

I’ll accept your challenge. As long as you put lemon in it. Got to have that nice shot of sour in your tea sweet or bitter.

So D. we have topless BBQ. Why haven’t I been coming here?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, I just got back from another meet. Not sure why the coaches decided to plan basically 2 meets back to back with only one day of practice in between. But I actually did pretty good in my 2 mile, which I dropped 10 secs on
. And this was the 2nd last event, so we got to run it in the dark with the stadium lights on it was pretty epic. Then when I finished my race I went and got these mini donuts they were selling at the concession stands, those were the best god damn donuts I've ever had. Didn't do so good on my 800 though

This was one long meet, we left at 1:30 from school and didn't get back till 10:30, so I've had a very long day. And now I'm sitting down at the computer eating my chicken and drinking gatorade

And desert the guy in my avatar is King Diamond, the singer of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. He's a badass .

And whats this I hear about a bbq???

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nick....what's up? So what kind of times are you running for the mile and two mile.....and if you don't mind, how old are?

I only ask because I ran track and cross country in high schol and am interested in how you are doing.

For me, my junior year was my best: 4:38 mile and 9:37 two mile. I ran the half a few times but nothing to speak of. I was never fast enough for the half mile to make sense for me.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

My best times:

5k: 20:40

2 Mile: 12:46

1 Mile: 5:50

800: 2:22

I've been running cross country since last year, and this is my first year of track. So I'm still pretty new to running.

And those are some pretty good times you had.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I started running when I was nine. Same year my brother died and he was a runner. We had intramural cross country in middle school (5th - 8th grades) and I ran that. I was running 30 miles per week during that period.

Then started high school and we had double sessions in the summer before school started and before you knew it I was running 100 miles per week. Obviosuly cut down on that when the season started.

My senior year I had pretty much had enough and muddled my way thorugh cross country and indoor track. I droppped out of outdoor that year because my coach told me I couldn't run the Boston Marathon. I ran the marathon in 2:34 and was happier and prouder with that than anything I ever did.

I didn't run in college and looking back, that's cool. Let me rephrase: I kept running but didn't join any teams. I still run today. What I really liked as a kid was baseball and I should have stuck with that. I would have gotten a scholarship for baseball. I was great at third base.

Have fun and if you are passionate about something, put everything you have into it. Make sure YOU are passionate about it. Make sure you are doing it for you and not someone else. If it is your passion, then give it everything you have and don't do anything to lose your momentum.

Okay...I'll get off my podium. Barkeep, drinks on me for everyone and that goes for the whole weekend.

Sorry if that was too heavy and real for LN everyone....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Damn, since you were 9 that's a long time.

And yeah, I think I'm pretty passionate about running. I don't honestly care that much about my times, or winning, or anything like that. I run, for the pure and simple reason that I just love running.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
*walks over to the jukebox and puts in some change. Picks "Interzone" by Joy Division*

I walked through the city limits
Someone talked me in to do it
Attracted by some force within it
Had to close my eyes to get close to it
Around a corner where a prophet lay
Saw the place where she'd a room to stay
A wire fence where the children played
Saw the bed where the body lay
And I was looking for a friend of mine
And I had no time to waste
Yeah, looking for some friends of mine
The cars screeched hear the sound on dust
Heard a noise just a car outside
Metallic blue turned red with rust
Pulled in close by the building's side
In a group all forgotten youth
Had to think, collect my senses now
Are turned on to a knife edged view
Find some places where my friends don't know
And had no time to waste
Yeah, looking for some friends of mine
Down the dark streets, the houses looked the same
Getting darker now, faces look the same
And I walked round and round
No stomach, torn apart
Nail me to a train
Had to think again
Trying to find a clue, trying to find a way to get out!
Trying to move away, had to move away and keep out
Four, twelve windows, ten in a row
Behind a wall, well I looked down low
The lights shined like a neon show
Inserted deep felt a warmer glow
No place to stop, no place to go
No time to lose, had to keep on going
I guess they died some time ago
And I had no time to waste
Yeah, looking for some friends of mine.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Dude...freaky stuff. Sounds like some of the "music" my son listens to.

To each his or her own...

Barkeep, a Monster M-80 please...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Your son listens to lounge music covers of death metal songs???

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Now you're giving an old man a hard time. I truly don't know what it is precisely that he listens to but it is generally unpleasant and rough on the ears. Sounds a bit like old Metallica on steroids...makes Rob Zombie's crap sound like The Carpenter's...

Of course, the music I listened to drove MY dad crazy also. My music probably indirectly led to my father's heart exploding. Pretty tame stuff compared to what my kid listens to.

I was no angel at his age. I was wearing combat boots, a Jim Morrison belt on ripped jeans and some different sort of rag for a shirt on different days....dangling cross earing.....I was a punk when a punk was a punk.....my hair was long and I had a lot of it. My dad didn't understand any of this either nor did my girlfriend at the time's father. I miss that hair!

And...I LOVED those punk rock girls. Some of them were amazing.

Hi Punk Rock Girls!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just trying to be funny.

Old Metallica on steriods, harsh to the ears, Yeah I probably listen to it
. I actually probably listen to music that makes that sound tame

You sounded like you were a badass back in the day

And who doesn't love punk girls.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What is this thread for? Random chit-chat?

I didn't feel like reading all 15915301298513295193051 posts to get a general idea of it all....
Though I could have gone to the very first post if I really wanted badly to know.
Maybe I'll go do that right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Yup, pretty much.

Usually for these types of threads its only necessary to look over the most recent posts, then just jump in the convo when your ready.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Nick is correct. Or you can pay no attention to what is going on and randomly go wherever you want to go.

There are no rules except to say one:
1. No rules
2. See rule number 1

Actually that is two. But nothing serious here unless you want something serious in which case being serious is seriously tolerated.

Actually there is a rule: don't burn down the lounge. But that was broken a few years ago and we all had to come in on a Sunday and rebuild the joint. It only took about 30 seconds because this place, if you haven't figured it out, isn't real. But, it is also quite real.

It is whatever you want to be. Except we tolerate no mayhem unless we decide that mayhem is to be tolerated in which case we actually are quite fond of mayhem.

Toodles....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

It is whatever you want to be. Except we tolerate no mayhem unless we decide that mayhem is to be tolerated in which case we actually are quite fond of mayhem.

What about Mayhem the band.....

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

You don't put any lemon in the kind of Iced Tea we make here at the lounge, maybe a little triple sec....will that do?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Down here when we make a tea with a name of a place up north we add cherries and lemons. Either way doesn’t matter to me. Bring it on.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

I don't honestly care that much about my times, or winning, or anything like that. I run, for the pure and simple reason that I just love running.

That's great. You should try a marathon then. It is truly you vs. the race...the distance. The other people do not matter (although they usually are a lot of fun to hang out with before and after the race)

I run because I love it too. I have been dealing with a lot of injuries for the past two years and it has been driving me crazy. I bike more when my knees are bothering me or my left foot (tendonitis)....

This is what I want to do next when and if I can get in shape for it:
www.badwater.com...

There is nothing about winning in that race. It's about survivng!

Peace all!

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join