It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith Building Ghost.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
im slow. where is the full vid? is it on a link yet or do i have to be sent it? if so ive got broadband etc. id really like to see the video.

Dont bother, it really wasnt that interesting. Could have been anything and a lot of the 'scary' moments was mostly due to a shaking camera.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it is a bit freaky because you do see a girl standing in that room......

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm glad this post came back to life...still much interest....since the first date of this post and till yesterday...I still get PM's on my messenger from ppl wanting the full version...I'm the one that has asked certain individuals to edit and crop the vid (the ones you know see out there) to better see the ghost on the vid... though some ppl think this is a fake it is still a very interesting vid... i beleive its real...i have a screen cap of the girl where a video editor helped me out to better see the girl...i have posted once before her pic here on this post...here it is again..

If anybody is willing to host it again...please pm me and I will send a temp link...serious ppl only...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TejanoRey
If anybody is willing to host it again...please pm me and I will send a temp link...serious ppl only...

how large is the file? I might be able to host it for a little while atleast
mod ed to shorten quote

[edit on 19-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
here is a temp link if anybody can host please do

www.megaupload.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow that is a big file. i will try to host it if the download ever finishes. Will post a link as soon as possible

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Okay cancel the hosting offer. I downloaded the video and watched and thats 20 minutes of my life i want back bbut will never see again. That has got to be one of the fakest videos i have ever seen. 20 minutes and 201mb worth of download for about 2 seconds of footage faked by someone who has seen the blair witch project a few to many times.I mean come on.... when the guy gets spooked he runs but is still looking through the camera? Human instinct would be to clear your feild of view and run. Not run with a camera to your face. So why do we see where he is running instead of what is behind or to the side of him. And the "ghost" herself is pretty cliche. There isnt anything you can see in the larger file that you cant see in the samller one linked to a few pages back

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
Okay cancel the hosting offer. I downloaded the video and watched and thats 20 minutes of my life i want back bbut will never see again. That has got to be one of the fakest videos i have ever seen. 20 minutes and 201mb worth of download for about 2 seconds of footage faked by someone who has seen the blair witch project a few to many times.I mean come on.... when the guy gets spooked he runs but is still looking through the camera? Human instinct would be to clear your feild of view and run. Not run with a camera to your face. So why do we see where he is running instead of what is behind or to the side of him. And the "ghost" herself is pretty cliche. There isnt anything you can see in the larger file that you cant see in the samller one linked to a few pages back

Hi, I know I may be reviving an old thread, but I just came across this video from YouTube and wanted to track it down. So, I ended up here. I got the full (20 minute) video from a youtube member and sought this type of commentary (beyond the, "dude. that was scarreeeyyy" comments @ youtube
Anyway, this video freaked me out. If they did do a blairwitch-like trilogy, they did a better job. I mean, there is NO acting here. Some parts of the footage are too intolerable to be exaggerated. The shaking around, dizzying, and often inaudible dialog. And that first scream; it was, at first, of fright but then of triumph as he realized he scored footage. Was he actually taught this technique? in his carpenters clothing?

When you realise the premise of the segments, you understand that the need to catch something was evident by the way he held the camera as he ran. Keep that in mind as you judge his actions. Further, most camera's (that i know, anyway) have the LCD monitor displays. There is no "looking in" the camera as running beyond watching the display.

If this was a hoax, it was damn good one and these guys deserve a chance at making some film.

But, it wasnt a hoax. It made this skeptic more of a believer. I once believed people scared themselves into seeing things, and "orbs" were dust/insects. Well, this is pure. This shows the human perspective "at the moment" of witnessing a haunting, and the interesting bits that might show a lost little girl. so, i hope to hear more about this. it is a very interesting story. i cant believe its over 3 years old.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ok, for anyone that hasnt seen the FULL clip.
I dont know how long this link will be up, but here it is:

www.megaupload.com...

(as noted before, its 197 MB. it took 30 minutes on my cable avg 100 KB/S, limits imposed by the website)

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Send it to me on IM, my name is Mts2545, I live in Corpus Christi so this should be pretty interesting

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You can get a glimpse of her in the corner of the room as the individual pans around with the camera before screaming and running out of the building.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
For everyone that never got to download this whole video I found in in two parts on youtube. Here you go.

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I recall seeing this on A&E (perhaps) a few months ago. I found the video to be somewhat valid, and the story doesn't really seem too far out there either. I'd say this it's enitrely possible that this ghost is real.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just found this website while looking for the video....I saw the video back in 2004....my aunt had a friend who worked at KIII TV 3 here in Corpus and she dubbed a copy on videotape....they still have it but I remember that whole tape being close to 45 min. The guy ran in the building on at least 3 occasions, possibly 4 looking for the girl.

To the people who think this is faked.....take a look at the guy filming. He is obviously poor, probably from the Valley or Laredo, maybe even from Mexico. He has a cleft lip, usually that is corrected at birth or within the first few months.....government pays for that here in the US if families can't afford it. That leads me to believe he is VERY poor and/or hasn't been here very long. The camera he uses wasn't even being sold around that time and is low quality by digital camera standards....its a way older model and he eludes to the fact that it was borrowed. These guys couldn't fake this if they took film or photography classes for 2 years straight. He's doing what any regular person with no type of filming/camera/investigatory skills would do, just being natural about it.

When watching the videotape, I specifically slowed down the tape to see if if there were editing points or anything that would lead to believe it was faked/edited especially around when the girl came in to view or when objects were "thrown" at him, etc. My VCR is cable of frame by frame like a DVD player and nothing ever seemed edited....the tape ran smooth from begining to end with no noticeable breaks when stuff was about to happen.

The best pic of the lil girl I remember is the last time he saw it when he was talking on the cell phone on his shoulder/w one hand, camera in the other, opened the door to the room, turned to his right then panned the other direction before leaving and the girl was standing against the wall like children do when counting when they are playing "Hide and Go Seek". That was the time I thought he was the most startled and completely caught off guard because he wasn't paying attention cause of the phone call.

When I zoomed in on the girl during this segment of tape with my VCR, you could clearly make out her individual fingers on a little closed fist and her eye wasn't there....it looked like a dark empty sockets. During this segment and at least one other, you could see the line of the corner of the wall behind her clearly from the light of the camera. Also, the only light source was coming from his video camera during these captures.....and his video camera's wasn't very bright.

Bottom line, yes it is possible to fake this video, however, I don't think those 2 guys had the knowledge, the money, or the skills to fool this many people who have investigated this building.

There is definitely something there, and they filmed it, and my cousin hasn't answered my damn IM I sent him on Myspace a couple of days ago to burn me a copy or put it to DVD for Halloween.

Anyway still looking for a copy....haven't checked out Youtube yet, I'm at work and they filter it out here.

Cool site!

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I forgot to mention in my post why they were filming....they were hired by Tracy Long (who puchased the building in early 2004) to fix and paint the inside of the building which was going to be renovated into little apartments. The 2 guys had been working 1-2 weeks and they kept hearing noises so after investigating and finding nothing, they thought it was someone trying to play a prank or one of their friends who was trying to f'k with them while they worked. They decided to split up and one guy work on one floor and the other guy work on another floor hoping to catch whoever it was making these noises, turining lights off, slamming doors, moving tools etc.

They worked like this for a couple of days, but each guy thought it was the other guy trying to scare him.

Along the way, they were both cussed out by a man they couldn't see, objects were hurled at them, plaster fell of the ceiling and flew at them, etc. And they both saw the little girl. They told their family but were laughed at, so they borrowed the camera to film what they saw, only one guy was obviously to scared to do anything more than hold a rosary and pray through the whole thing, while the other went in several times trying to get what he could on film.

After the investigation was complete of the building and of the tape, the city ordered it boarded up/locked on those floors and the front entrance was altered to change the appearance compared to the tape.....but if you don't know which one it is it is the Smith Building at 425 Shatzel.

That's the story I heard....and it sounds legit to me, based on what the guys were doing in the film.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This has been my favorite ghost pic/video topic on ATS since Tejano brought it here. I always like catching up on it when it pops back to the front page. I think it's real and it's freaky. It's a good one to review just before Halloween. lol

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikey0357
I just found this website while looking for the video....I saw the video back in 2004....

When I zoomed in on the girl during this segment of tape with my VCR, you could clearly make out her individual fingers on a little closed fist and her eye wasn't there....it looked like a dark empty sockets.

wow. is there ANY way you could view the video again and take a digital camera photo of that - and post it on here?

this story seems to just run and run...
its the creepiest ghost video i've ever seen on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I remember this thread

A perfect one as someone said to bring up for halloween.

Downloading the full video as we speak which I've been waiting to see since this thread started.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here's a clearer copy of the highlights of the video that was posted on here a long while ago.

Little Girl

Back then it was being refered to as the Turkey Screamer video.
They could have gotten their girlfriend or little sister to stand in the corner of the room no matter if they were rich or poor or whatever the hell mikey0357 was talking about up there. It could also be his buddy who is never around him that is flicking the lights, making noises and throwing little bits of wood around couldn't it?

I smell the Blair Witch / The Ring on this one Dog.

[edit on 10/19/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Can anyone explain to me how 4 doors and a ladder can move perfectly (two doors moving near 180 degrees), without a single moving/banging/sliding/etc. sound in less than 4 seconds in an area with echos as loud as that (I hear this guy's footsteps at all times and his terrified buddy for that matter who will not venture much in here at all)?

His exact words are quoted in the subject line and heavy breathing in the video are because they had been moving previously on the film, but in this instance when he is looking back and forth in this hallway quite sporadically at 11:39 he gets some guts back and starts to proceed down the hall and then at 11:44 he spins around not from any sound other than what some have called chirping, but I hear a girl quickly scream (and some other points in the video as well).

Look closely at the double doors, the two doors on the other side of the hall AND the ladder outside the hall itself.

Every single physical object has moved tremendously, without ANY other sounds, that's VERY hard to grasp scientifically without careful video/audio editing, period.

Carefully reviewing this film has also netted unbelievable amounts of EVP's as well, very disturbing stuff there alone, but without further investigations this place will remain a mystery.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Tracido]

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Tracido]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join