It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith Building Ghost.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Does anyone have any updates on this? I just read the entire thread and I'm intrigued

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
After careful analysis of the entire video several times, as well as the high resolution/brightened one, I have come up with the following observations/conclusions. It is my belief that the two painters who filmed this video have caught genuine paranormal activity inside the Smith Building. I took into acount the evidence from the paranormal incidents as well as their realistic reactions to them and concluded such.
DATA:
1. Out of all the occurances in the video, the main events are the actual sightings of the alleged ghost girl. There are four points in the video that he sees this girl to my knowledge. Although some say it looks like a doll, I threw this option out at the second sighting, mainly because I saw it move as footsteps were heard. The third sighting shows it moving again, yet away from him. I also noticed that it seems to in a way "materialize" the first time it is sighted. The last sighting is the most obvious, after he has answered his phone, he turns the corner and you can see it in the corner of the room.

2. At many places in the video, the lights flicker off and on. There is one point at which he moves next to a switch and the lights go off, at which point he blames the ghost. This may prove some faked elements; however, I see some things that are very hard to debunk. The first time the lights flicker, he is approximately near 10 feet from a room when it happens. I deduced that he couldn't have been doing this do to the nature of the flickering in that it wasn't turned off and on. However, there may be faulty electrical systems, taking into account the fact that it was being worked on. Due to this, it is impossible to truly say a ghost caused the lights to flicker.
3. EVP's show themsleves throughout the video as well. Near 1:42, something kind of unintelligable can be heard. It may be the camera man, but it sounds to altered from his tone to be him, and too close to be his friend. After that, the first chirp is heard in the distance. Then, at 3:23, either a heavy object is moved, or a low toned female says "No." If it is the latter, it makes sense because he was moving away from the room he heard it coming from. At 5:43, unintelligable whispers can be heard, and he asks his friend if he heard the voices to which his response is "yeah."
Somewhere in the 8:00 period, I heard a voice again that does not sound like his friend or him. He asks something like, "Where you at, man?" and the reply is either hard to understand english or another language. In vague english it kinda sounds like "I'm upa he-yah" which makes the mind hear "I'm up here" in a strange accent. Other times, I believed I heard voices in the background not similar to his friends and even a faint yell. The chirps are most interesting. Some believe that his phone makes the noise, but I heard some tonal difference between the two, AND THEY AREN'T IDENTICAL.
Anyway, something significant seems to happen near chirps. One of the most chilling is at a point when he is going through the hall and passes a ladder. He hears a chirp and turns to see the ladder now at a 45 degree angle with the opposite wall. There was no noise for the ladder moving; this is nearly solid evidence linking the chirps to paranormal activity. Also, there is a point at which he runs from the girl and several chirps in succession can be heard.
4. Closing and opening doors plague this haunting account of the man's experience. Many times, he passes an open or closed door, only to turn and find that it is now either closed or opened by itself. At one point you can see the dorr close by itself, causing him to high-tail it out of the area. It is possible that this entire vid is faked using a third or even fourth person to make their way through the maze of rooms and doors to close and open them. A closet door is heard moved, and he opens it, only for it to close back.
5. There's a point where I vividly see things thrown at him by nothing. I see this as unexplainable. :O

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TejanoRey

Hay who did you get that video from?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TejanoRey

Do you know these guys like the guy with the hair lip holding the camera? maybe he can clear this conspiericy up a little or something?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You can download the vid in wmv from the page where they are talking about copyright infringements. The vid was not all that clear and the guy does move too quick to see her for certain on the first review. I personally believe that the vid is real because of outside factors like mentioned before. The "bird chirp" is heard at almost every encounter. Also the ladder. As also before mentioned it falls over. The vid clearly shows it against the wall (standing upright) as the guy explains that it was moved when the were working the day before. At the point that it is across the hall there is alot of noise heard in the background that cannot be explained unless you catch in the following frames that the ladder is leaning across the hall. I believe this to be real because at this point the "friends" stayed out at the car when he made this trip up. Secondly he does not say anything about the ladder until later when he comes back up and it is blocking his path. Then he says something about it being knocked over. The doors are significant but can be "debunked" by the idea of other friends hiding in the rooms that he does not enter, however there are a few points that the door does close/open when there is no way for him to be doing it and very unlikly that someone else is hiding and doing it, other than the ghost. The "chirp" could not be the phone because at first it happens at the exact same room that he enters. In order for that to be the phone they would have to time his friend to call him in a manner that if those guys could do that, the would not be painters. Figuring out the actual time that the phone will take to ring from time dialed (by friend) and time received (by cameraman) and varribles of the delay. Way too much to figure just for a hoax. The lights could be them as well except where he walks down the stairs to turn on the light that had went off and before he can get back up the stairs it goes off again. The entire time the camera is looking down the stairs so how did he do that one?

Now the fun point. I live in Corpus Christi. I drove by the building tonight after reading this post. The building did sale and is now apartments. There is also confusion to offices in the building. The office building is the Wilson tower and totally different haunt. Oddly enought they are close to eachother but different cases.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is called the turkey gobbler video, very old video. I'm pretty sure it was debunked.

It's really strange how people keep posting the same videos over and over for years and years.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This topic needs revival. This is, to date, one of the most compelling videos of unexplained phenomena I've ever seen, whether it's ghosts, UFO's, or the damn sasquatch.

This is awesome stuff. There are higher quality versions of the original footage now posted on Youtube, and you can CLEARLY see the little girl apparition.

If this is faked, it's the best hoax I've ever seen. I also see no reason why these men would throw their jobs away on a fake. It brought them no fame or fortune and clearly they walked away from their job over it.

Logically, it makes no sense for them to have faked this video unless they were really banking on becoming some kind of celebrities from the first "real" footage of a ghost.

Somehow I doubt that; their freak-out reactions seem far too genuine.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR
This is called the turkey gobbler video, very old video. I'm pretty sure it was debunked.

It's really strange how people keep posting the same videos over and over for years and years.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

I've scoured the internet over this footage and associated story. To date, I've seen nothing that even comes close to debunking this video.

Just because it's more likely fake than an actual ghost doesn't mean this may not be the first true footage of a paranormal entity.

I don't often "believe" in things, but for some reason I believe in this video. I've probably watched it 60 times or more.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've always been kind of partial to this video as well...although I've never really been able to pinpoint why. For whatever reason (although I have no evidence to support this) it just seems real to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So i found out about this vid today and all my searching for info on it led me here. I realize im commiting thread necromancy with my first post but what ive found needs to be shared.

Vid is a hoax, confirmed hoax.

www.youtube.com...

It's been a long time coming, my instincts told me there was footage, even the revealing footage, my instincts were correct however , these guys did fool me but i was never 100%. Here is the original uploaded video www.youtube.com... Not much is known at this point but hopefully questions will be answered in time. they kept this secret for 10 years. So, it is official, The Smith building ghost girl recording was just a prank to scare some of Mikes friends

In the comments for the original vid, Mike himself says something.

I thought it was about time i put it out haha got_cha mikedlggms 6 days ago

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've seen this one before, pretty sure its been debunked...not sure by whom and when tho...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join