It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bug Hunt (report site software bugs)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As we prepare our transition to the new servers, we'll also finally have an appropriate total set-up for a "sandbox" area to test new code and repair existing code problems.

Please use this thread to report any bugs you've discovered in the site software.

Do not use this thread to report anything you think should be different (like the number of posts required before you can chat).

Thanks. Your help in tracking down these site issues is appreciated.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There's a glitch that I've seen someone exploit that allowed them to get past the character count limitations.

On top of that, I haven't noticed anything else recently. I'll keep my eyes peeled, though.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There's a bug (maybe), and a slight exploit, that I emailed you the other day about. If you hadn't read it yet.

Oh, and for aslong as I can remember, Edit Profile has always defaulted to -12:00. And sometimes people's Date Formats get corrupted or deleted, and they show up weird in threads as edit dates.

Besides that, nothing else I can think of.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't know if this qualifies as a "bug," but it would be nice, if like on other similar forums, when you click the ">>" it takes you to the very last post in the thread. It currently takes you to the last page, which is okay. But that's what the page number link is for.

Just a suggestion. No biggie.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Okay, first one I've found, and its not anything serious but its possible to manipulate the forms on a thread to let you vote staff for the Way Above award, as SO should see since I tested it using him (*not sucking up, honest folks*) SO - shoot me a u2u and ill gladly provide the specifics about the bug.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i have updated my an annoying little problem - can we fix it??? UPDATE: now i can't edit posts thread...

here is the new "bug":

if one tries to "preview post" (after editing), and then posts, the edit doesn't show...

this is very weird...

EDIT:

this is because after you press "edit," then you type in stuff, and then you press "preview," the actual edited version is the above section and the regular version is still in the text box...

yes, it sounds confusing, but just try it...

another problem is that when you post something and it says something like "thank you for your post, you will be redirected to your post now," but you are not redirected to the post just that last page of the thread...

a minor problem, i guess, is that one cannot go to chat while in BTS (but this has been like that for months)...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The site has been very slow for me past couple of days. Am I the only one? I can't wait for it to get back to normal!

Also, I noticed yesterday on a thread (if you need me to find it let me know) that a couple of edits of posts were attributed to a member who did not author it and the person was not a Mod, just a regular member.

I don't think the member had edited the post, just that it was showing him editing a post that wasn't his.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Okay, first one I've found, and its not anything serious but its possible to manipulate the forms on a thread to let you vote staff for the Way Above award, as SO should see since I tested it using him (*not sucking up, honest folks*) SO - shoot me a u2u and ill gladly provide the specifics about the bug.

Ah yes, i've tested this aswell. Don't know if the exact same as AH here, but it validated and said a vote was used. Not involving forms tho.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just one or 2 little probs in all this, after sittin on ats for a couple hours, my browser snags about 98% of cpu and holds it, i have to end task on it to quit. go back in and its fine for a couple more hours. My other problem is the quote, link, other buttons up there ^^^ when posting dont work...i clik them and nothing happens. Thank god for chat cuz i had no clue what the actual html code was for them. i just type the code now, but the buttons were handy. Not a big thing, just a small annoyance.

i checked my popup blockers to see if its stopping the code boxes from coming up on the clik..its not that.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
My other problem is the quote, link, other buttons up there ^^^ when posting dont work...i clik them and nothing happens. Thank god for chat cuz i had no clue what the actual html code was for them. i just type the code now, but the buttons were handy. Not a big thing, just a small annoyance.

weird...

i thought we had that problem solved (check my thread mentioned above for details)...

my buttons work fine...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nope checked them while i was typing that, just to make sure i wasnt blowin smoke. they is still brokeded for me.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Preview Button Nullifies Changes When Editing Posts

As noted by TSA above, and here, here and elsewhere.

To the extent I can do so without being too much of a pain (too late!), I want to make sure this problem gets plenty of visibility.

This is a nasty one, because it's subtle and can cause members to lose data.

Especially those of us who use the Preview button a lot.*

*And really want to encourage other members to do the same.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think it was BTS that I was posting on today and wrote something incorrect in the post. I tried to edit it twice, once by hitting PREVIEW after correcting my text and then SUBMIT. It showed the corrected text on the PREVIEW page after hitting that button, but when I submitted, it went back to the original text.

I then tried EDITing the post, making the correction to text, then just hitting SUBMIT. The post went back to the original (incorrect) text.

JDub

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm on Firefox 5.0 and when I hover over the post bar I don't get a mousover saying how many posts the person has.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
from here:

link...

Originally posted by they see ALL
UPDATE TWO (another problem):

when you preview a post (and then post it), the title of the post (or thread) will erase a little...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I'm on Firefox 5.0

That's some good stuff, eh? Future Tech, gotta love it.

That isn't a problem. You're just used to the way IE doesn't follow the W3C spec. The ALT attribute isn't SUPPOSED to have a little popup mouseover. That's supposed to be specified by the TITLE attribute, which will do that in Firefox correctly. But, if you must have it, you can use the extension "PopUp Alt Attribute" for Firefox. It could be "fixed" just by changing ALT to TITLE in the left hand postbar HTML.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

That isn't a problem. You're just used to the way IE doesn't follow the W3C spec. The ALT attribute isn't SUPPOSED to have a little popup mouseover. That's supposed to be specified by the TITLE attribute, which will do that in Firefox correctly. But, if you must have it, you can use the extension "PopUp Alt Attribute" for Firefox. It could be "fixed" just by changing ALT to TITLE in the left hand postbar HTML.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

Yes, it is good stuff... I looked at the wrong number on the About screen. In reality I'm on 1.5.0.3

After being confused by what you said, I managed to figure out what you were saying and got it to work. Thanks!

[edit on 5/4/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I'm on Firefox 5.0

I'm thinking of dumping Firefox. I downloaded the the latest IE beta the other day and it looks and moves pretty nicely. I think that might help working with this site. Buttons all working, etc.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Completely retracted bug. The little light went on. Heh.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by NotClever]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Tried to put in the following line:

Edit to add:

And the edits did not show up, just the edit tag…

Also the “characters” count is way messed up, especially if you preview posts and then re-preview them…

[edit on 5/5/2006 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join