It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bug Hunt (report site software bugs)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I reported the edit problem to the Suggestion box before I saw this thread. I was trying to add hyertext using BB code. Don't know if that matters. It never did work. Looks fine and functions in "Preview", but doesn't update the actual post when hitting "Edit Post". Also, post shows [Edit] but not the "[Edit to add hypertext]" that I typed.

Basically, the post says it was edited, but no actual editing took place.

Here's the thread- (Attack of Cricketboy)
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Crud, i neglected to add that im using Avant, latest release. maybe thats why. just checked before i hit send and still nuttin. if i hover over them i can see the _javascript:quote() show down below in the status tab, disabled pop up blocker and adwatch to check again. also made sure tools:disable java applets is unchecked and it is. im sure avant users are a small portion(if any but me..lol) of the ATS users and ive gotten the html code for them all from Kitsunegari and Zaphod58 in chat so im good to go.

Just wanted to give ya a .s up SO since you wanted to know what bugs we are finding.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
An old "bug" that still haunts me are the U2U's. It's been telling me I have 6 new ones for as long as I can remember, when closer investigation reveals I have no "new ones". Not much of a problem, but a bug never the less.

And there's a funny smell in BTS, could you send some cleaners in?

[edit on 6-5-2006 by chebob]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The "Above Top Secret 5.0" link at the bottom is missing...
Normally: Above Top Secret 5.0 » Board Questions & Business » ATS Bug Hunt (report site software bugs) » Post Reply
Currently: » Board Questions & Business » ATS Bug Hunt (report site software bugs) » Post Reply

Originally posted by they see ALL
another problem is that when you post something and it says something like "thank you for your post, you will be redirected to your post now," but you are not redirected to the post just that last page of the thread...

a minor problem, i guess, is that one cannot go to chat while in BTS (but this has been like that for months)...

This and another report similar are similar to this... When you search for a user's posts and click on the thread, it takes you to the thread. Why doesn't it take you to the user's post (that may be 15 pages deep)?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
SO, youve sure got your work cut out for you here, eh?

I've got two:

• Editing is dodgy. I chose to edit a post, and it all comes up fine, then I put the modification in, and preview it. It comes up in the preview fine, but the BB code box (is that what its called?) remains the same! So if you post, not looking at the box, all you'll do is add an edit tag at the bottom, and no new entry.

• Also, I can still edit this post, and I posted that about a month ago! I, of course, have not edited it because your little character limit thing deletes half of it, but an intresting note however.

Thanks, SO, for your continuing work to keep ats up and running.

edit: just testing. Yes, it still happens

[edit on 6/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Old problem, worth re-mentioning.

I am unable to delete some old images from my member upload section. It says "file not found". And it eats into my allocated space. Which, I realize I can always buy more of.

I don't know why... maybe the old space is gone away somewhere. Or the flinks and blinks of the image file are messed up. But still, we should have that space re-allocated to us.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
My message center my u2u quota limit is zero and that i need to delete some u2u's.I have deleted all of them and it still will not let me send any u2u's. I not certain if it's something i'm not doing correctly or a bug in the system.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Very small bug - If you try to click the chat button with more than one window open it won't let you unless it's the first on the left.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Alright,
I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm just being punished for something I did wrong. My u2u quota suddenly dropped from fifty to zero. Also, when I hit "my ATS", I'm taken to posts that I made some time ago and have been deleted since, also a long time ago. Please let me know if this is something I can fix, or if it was done on purpose.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You know, the one at the bottom of every post...

Also noticed the member look-up option is also disabled.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
My u2u quota was 250 before the server change. Now is 200.

Seems everyone had 50 deducted from their quota?..

Also upon returning here after server change, found my custom title reverted to a previous one from the one I purchased yesterday. So I purchased it again, to change it again...And avatar changed to previous one as well.

Don't want the points refunded. Just for informational purposes.

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
OMG! Huge, huge mistake!

I am surprised and disappointed that this has been allowed to get onto the internet. I would think that the quality control checks would weed things like this out, but obviously I was incorrect.

Go here to see what this horror is.

Hehe. Anyone spot the attack on our language? Mmm . . . Im bored.

edit: bloody new image policies

[edit on 7/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When you click a member's username you get a list of his/her authored threads, which is a very cool feature. However, not all threads from all forums are showing on that list. I.e. threads from the "Fragile Earth" forum are missing. As well as some forums on bts/pts like the "People" forum. It would be nice if all the public forums on ats/bts/pts/atsnn could be included in this list of authored threads.

Also another little bug from the same feature: By clicking the "page 1, page 2, etc" for a thread with more than one page you get an additional "authors" in the url (like this: blahblah/forum/authors/blahblah). You have to manually delete the "authors" from the url to make it work. The same happens when clicking on the forum the thread is in (between the "Thread topic / pages" and "replies"). Have to remove the "authors" from the url to get a valid url.

I really like the authored threads feature
It would be even greater if it worked without these (minor) bugs.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
When I try to access threads via "Discussion Board Recent Posts" I get Page Not Found errors (at least) for threads 206774, 206776 and 206777, whereas (at least) thread 205944 works just fine.
The threads do exist and for example thread 206777 What's wrong with chat? can be accessed just fine from its link in BQB.

So something seems to be amiss there.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count
When I try to access threads via "Discussion Board Recent Posts" I get Page Not Found errors

It works fine for me.

There may have been some brief periods where that error did occur, and the error may still be in your browser cache for those pages. Try clearing your local browser cache.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Right-click and 'paste' does'nt work all the time, for pasting from clipboard.

'ctrl + V' seems to work okay though.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I get an "unknown error" when I try to login to chat. It's connecting just fine. It shows zero people in the chatroom. A window with "unknown error" pops up when I hit the "login" button.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
In the 'Who's On...' box at the bottom of MY ATS, the count is very different, if you are on ATS(90 & 1070), from what you see from BTS(98 & 980).

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

There may have been some brief periods where that error did occur, and the error may still be in your browser cache for those pages. Try clearing your local browser cache.

Didn't help. Working threads redirect correctly to the new IP, but non-working threads try to access www.abovetopsecret.com instead.
I guess that it'll sort itself out if I reboot or something

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count
Working threads redirect correctly to the new IP

Your access provider is behind in updating their DNS records. Once they're synced with our DNS servers, it should be fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join