It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bug Hunt (report site software bugs)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Quotes have been broken in U2Us and single posts for about 6 months now, any takers?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
U2U's
  • Quotes are not visible (been using ex instead).
  • The BB tag parsing is not always what you'd expect.
  • The color tag seems touchy at times.
  • U2U button bar is black on the right.
  • There is a save button at the bottom of saved U2U's. Clinking it jumps to your outbox.
  • You can't reply to your own sent messages to retrieve the original BB-coded message.

Post Previews
  • You have to make sure you preview again before posting if you made further changes or they will be lost.
  • Emoticons don't work in post previews.
  • Vids don't show up in previews.
  • Seems there were other WYSIWYG issues that I can't recall ATM.

Profiles
  • No emoticons.
  • Misaligned images.
  • Clicking on this post from a user's thread posts directs to the page of the user's post in the profile, not the correct page it is on in the thread.
  • Unlinked header text (date, time, poster) has underline rollover effects without links present.
  • Cannot edit my own profile entries on my own profile. It just errors.
  • Images leak into the recent and favorite thread boxes, messing up the formatting.
  • Over-wide avatars are not properly clipped to size and shift the page over.
  • Mini-profile background images are not displayed.

• Large font size use the same line height as the standard font, resulting in text that overlaps itself.
  • Starring a post you already starred results in a page where the site is left-aligned instead of centered
  • Google video direct link appends a backslash after the ID.
  • If you're post created a new page in a thread, your are directed to the end of the previous last page.
  • Rolling over the standard header text or links in a post causes underlining of all the items, not just the particular link containing the mouse cursor.

Search
  • Member list search fails when going trying to go to a page other than the first.
  • Forward and back buttons do not work properly in on-site searches.
  • On site searches don't seem as complete as going to Google using the site:www.abovetopsecret.com modifier.

BTS
  • Now it seems to lose its login after arriving from ATS on the second page that is viewed.
  • Anchors on pages don't seem to work correctly. Clicking the icon to read the last post in a BTS thread from MyATS just takes you to the top of the last page.

Miscellany
  • On IE8, the member tools menu doesn't line up properly. It comes out slightly right of the left edge of search whether or not compatibility view is used.

I see if I can rember anything else...there's more little ticks that I automatically work around if possible.

[edit on 1/31/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Don't expect any quick fixes. #4 in my list on the previous page is still around, and I suspect the only reason two of the others have been fixed is because of global site redesign. (And the reason the last is not an issue is because there's no site map page anymore...)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I've got a workaround, does that help? Replace "quote" "/quote" in brackets with "ex" "/ex"

It'll show up like this.

Maybe not optimal, but it'll help a little with continuity if you want to retain the original text in a u2u reply.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Don't expect any quick fixes. #4 in my list on the previous page is still around, and I suspect the only reason two of the others have been fixed is because of global site redesign. (And the reason the last is not an issue is because there's no site map page anymore...)

I was going for "thorough" more than quick demands. I figured this is the thread. I even have a couple more. If anything's mentioned before at least it's more users bringing it up.

U2U's
  • Times don't match between the In/Outbox and the U2Us' timestamp in their headers. They are advanced by six hours from GMT -5:00.

• Post times in the Posts table don't match the post timestamp of the message.
  • "Last visit" seems to be advanced several hours. I'll often see the next day if it's suffience ly close to midnigh (6hrs like the U2U's ??).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join