It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moussaoui gets life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted by Aelita

posted by donwhite
I’m disappointed to be living in a country that seems to consent to barbaric conduct more worthy of Atilla the Hun!

Heck, living in a world where maniacs plunge planes into large populated buildings is not easy, nobody promised you that. Solitary confinement may seem barbaric to you. There is just something wrong with this picture.
[Edited by Don W]

A society is known by how it treats the helpless among it.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I should think without knowing that the deprivation of human contact would be amongst the cruelest of tortures. Although in America this (torture) is becoming so common it may not fit the definition the Founding Fathers had in mind as “unusual” but it is still more the exception than the rule. People who are willing to give up their liberty for security usually end with neither. Or, just what are we fighting for?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am very happy this bum did not get the death penalty. He has expressed his desire to be executed several times so he can become a martyr. I hope they keep him alive--in prison--until he's 200 years old.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
First off, I wish Moussaoui a long life.

Originally posted by donwhite
Any nation that calls itself civilized that would even consider operating such a place as you’ve described is capable of anything, say, like Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib. Hmm?

Secret prison. Rendition. Torture. Barbarism. Etc. Geo W is this your L E G A C Y?

I’m saddened, disappointed and ashamed to be living in a country that seems to consent to such barbaric conduct more worthy of Attila the Hun!

donwhite, what is cruel and unusual about this punishment?

What terms would you incarcerate him under? What privileges would you grant him?

from donwhite
I should think without knowing that the deprivation of human contact would be amongst the cruelest of tortures.

Well, he gets to see the prison guards that deliver his meals everyday, which he will consume alone in his cell every day.

Why did you insert Bush into this discussion? What role did he play in the trial?

[edit on 3-5-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Personally I cannot help but feel that the man is mentally deranged and is living out some sort of fantesy and regardless of his punishment, it is too severe. I have a hard time believing he was actually part of anything at all...if I were planning something big like 9/11 Moussaoui would be the last person I would chose to take part in it....too much of a loose cannon...I would want more level headed, cold blooded types to pull it off. I think I have mentioned before that he reminds me of a young fellow here in my town. Nice enough guy but none too bright... for as long as anyone can remember he wanted to be in the military...so when he turned 18 he applied first to the Marines, then the Army and so on...he was turned down by them all, he just didn't have the mental calibre to be cannon fodder. Well for about 2 years afterwards everywhere he went he was in some sort of military uniform and he was always telling people who (some who knew and saw him on a regular basis) that he had just come back from either basic training, or Iraq or Afghanistan etc. Of course he hadn't been anywhere near those places, except in his head. Moussaoui reminds me of him...he is probably too dumb for Al Qeada and has tagged along after them ever since and this is the result. I could be wrong but that is my gut feeling...the man is just a fool. Sad really.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Damn, should have killed him. Now he'll spend the rest of his days reading the Quran and eating steak. I can already see amnesty international complaining about the guards even attempting to have a little fun with the scum. Put him in a prison in Cleveland, why the preferential treatment?

mod edit, non-ATSNN word choices

[edit on 3-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Any nation that calls itself civilized that would even consider operating such a place as you’ve described is capable of anything, say, like Guantanamo Bay or Abu Ghraib. Hmm?

Secret prison. Rendition. Torture. Barbarism. Etc.
~~~~~~~
I’m saddened, disappointed and ashamed to be living in a country that seems to consent to such barbaric conduct more worthy of Attila the Hun!

[edit on 5/3/2006 by donwhite]

whoa Whoa!

This guy was spared.....which says something about the "barbarism" in america no? This guy has alot of hatred aginst yet he was spared and now your going to complain because he isnt at the hilton? :shk:

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Put him in a prison in Cleveland, why the preferential treatment?

More then likely it is due to the fact that many believe he would get killed within months or perhaps days as others mentioned.

You can look at it this way, think of the let down he got when he learned he was not going to be executed meaning he will not be a martyr as he appeared to want.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Put him in solitary with no windows, he wont know which way mecca is so he wont be able to pray properly, thats worse for him than dying and thinking hes going to get 40 virgins.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

VIII Amendment To U.S. Constitution: " . . nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Please define cruel and unusual punishment for a admitted terrorist. For crying out loud! This SOB was overjoyed at the pain inflicted on the families of 9-11 survivors and he was scheduled to fly a plane into a building on American soil!

The United States Supreme Court says that this is cruel and unusual:

Sellars v. Beto (1972) - "The cell is kept in complete darkness 24 hours a day. A barred iron gate backed up by a wooden door blocks all light and prevents any human contact with those in the hall. [Footnote 1] Within this black interior is a combination toilet-water basin and a steel bunk. The bunk has no mattress although the prisoner is given a blanket. The cell is otherwise bare. The inmate is fed on a bread and water diet with one full meal every 72 hours. 2 He is clothed only by a cloth gown. Aside from those conditions, which were considered inhumane at the time of Charles Dickens, the prisoner has no opportunity to exercise; he is not permitted correspondence with family, friends or lawyer; no visits are allowed and he is allowed no reading material of any kind.

The prisoner is not seen by a psychologist, psychiatrist or counselor before, during or after confinement to solitary. And all deprivations of solitary confinement apply uniformly regardless of the individual's background or criminal record of offense for which he is being punished.

A prisoner can be kept so confined for 15 days and reconfined after a two-day respite. Such practices as above described exist in all of Texas' 14 correctional facilities."

You can check the source if you like: supreme.justia.com...

From what I can tell, this is not what is happening to Moussaui. The USSC says nothing about solitary confinement being cruel and unusual.

I am sure there will be an appeal, though. I doubt that goes through. Let's remember that we're dealing with an international terrorist who admittedly enjoys killing off thousands of innocent people.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Give him beer and roast suckling pig for dinner each night. If amnesty complains we'll just say that we are giving him humane treatment with a daily feast. Make sure no light comes in through any windows, that way he'll pray away from Mecca each night. No Qurans either, substitute the Qurans with "Top 100 Jewish athletes" and a copy of Yentl. Have the psychiatrist treat his "paranoid schizophrenia" with electric shock therapy and drugs which make him a sad little old man pooping in his pants every 5 minutes. What do you say?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The prosecutors worked on this case nearly 4 years. This farce they called a trial. A travesty. A miscarriage of justice. They said they interviewed 8,000 witnesses. they scripted this so-called trial like a movie. The whole thing was done to A), show Geo W is a true terrorism fighter, and B) to help win votes November 7. They did their best to execute a person who is obviously suffering from mental deficiencies. He was the biggest fish the US has caught! If this is the best Geo W can do, then I tell you, America is not safe from any organized and dedicated group.

This is your government in action.

Shame on Geo W & AG Gonzales.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Please stay on topic and refrain from political rhetoric that derails the topic.
That means keep the POTUS and his administration out of the posts.

Thank you.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Where is your proof that they scripted a trial? Because they spent 4 years on it? Look at who they're dealing with-- an international terrorist, one that likes to do what he did. If they interviewed that many witnesses, then I'm happy for them. Do you have any idea how much time it takes to interview a witness? Would you prefer that they just let him go free so more Americans can die? They're doing what they can to make sure that their own country is safe. How is this bad?

If you don't like it here then leave. Personally, I'd much rather see one terrorist get mistreated a little bit than thousands of Americans die.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the confinement was for his own protection. Just because other prisoners were convicted of murder, burglary, or some other crime doesn't mean they won't have something in for the guy who wants to kill Americans en masse but was too stupid to do it successfully and got caught before he could. 9 out of 12 jurors apparently were ready to let him get the benefits Lucifer has waiting.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Life in prison, with no possibility of parole, is the best of punishments for Moussaoui...

A life sentence will deprive him of being a martyr, which is what he would preferred to be ...

If I were a member of the jury, I'd share this position quite seriously that giving him
the death penalty would be the lesser sentence in this case, so don't give this guy what
he wants ... Instead, let him count his sorry days...

Trish ..

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I am very glad he got life in prison instead of the death penalty.

He wanted to be killed so he can be a martyr, and now he is just another number rotting in a cell, never to be heard/seen again.

Now, I would prefer him going to a TX prison, where he can get the "treatment" he deserves

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What is with the people of the USA? They accept war upon nations that did nothing to them yet they spare the life of a man who confessed to a crime used as the excuse to start and contnue the illegal warring the USA is currently engaged in.

Are my fellow citizens insane?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
God spared a mentally challenged man who had probably nothing to do with 9/11. I dont know where this character came from, but he hasnt got a clue whats going on.

What a great patsy he makes! No clue! I am not surprised they are letting him live. How sad :shk:

And the real perpetrators of 9/11, the hijackers are said to be alive and well, and wondering why their pictured as hijackers!!! This is just too much!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It was all like the show trials under Stalin - except the guy didn't get the martyrdom he so wanted. The guy was clearly not all there, but made a perfect patsy and the hate figure that Americans really like to have. The whole thing was a pathetic excuse for justice, and many of the posters around here seem to like it that way. Sad.

The real forces behind 9/11 must be chuckling quietly to themselves in comfort somewhere.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join