It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My child an Idigo Child???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hello i have been reading this board for about 6 months now and only recently joined for 1 main reason to try to get some more insight on my child and what he is going through so any informative responses would be very grateful.

My son was born 3 months premature he weighed 1 pound 13 ounces he is very lucky to be with us today.

The story starts when he was born he was immediately incubated and put on a ventilator (ventilator within a minute and was on it for 1 1/2 month's).
by the third day of his life his lungs were 90% filled with blood and @ 3am the doctor came into my wife’s room to wake us and tell us the news about his situation he was on 100% pure oxygen at this point and still getting worse his pda valve had not closed and was releasing blood into his lungs.
My wife is kind of religious but not much myself I wasn’t religious at all at that time but after visiting him for a bit we came to the conclusion we should go to the chapel in the hospital and say a few prayers for him, as I sat there and watched my wife pray I decided to pray to a very close and dear relative and with in minutes a feeling came over me of not to worry he will be alright. We went back to visit him and I ended up staying the night at his side (mind you my wife was very sick and almost lost her life that is why they took him 3 month’s early) I fell asleep and when I woke up the nurses were very excited to tell me that he had recovered almost 100% and the nurses exact response was it was nothing but a miracle she has never seen it happen before ( keep in mind this is Dartmouth Hitchcock university hospital in Lebanon New Hampshire baby’s are born there like this at least once a week).

Now with that said I will go onto the whole indigo thing a little over a year ago we had new neighbors move in they are in there 60’s the man and his wife are both very spiritual people and both perform reki for a living he is also an Indian medicine man ( my description for him because I cant find the words but he is Indian).
After a few get togethers and a barbeque they convinced us to let them work with our son knowing that they are very good people we were more then happy to have them work with him.
After the first visit my son came home and within a ½ hour he crashed out and slept for 15 hrs. when we told the neighbors this they laughed and said they expected it that he had so many open areas that they closed up he finally could relax.
Then we got into talking about my son and he warned me that we are going to have a long road with him he is indigo and is very receptive to what we all call the paranormal that he can see and talk to those we cant amongst other things.
Within 6 months things started to happen my son started telling me story’s of other people that to our best knowledge he doesn’t know and on occasion would ask why so and so was standing there when there (to our vision) wasn’t anyone there.
But then it really hit me one day after work when he started talking to me about my grandfather the one I prayed to on his third night, my son at 4 ½ yrs ( now 5yrs old)went into great detail about him and even told us how he went snowmobiling with him on his sled that he owned in the 80’s, mind you we don’t talk much about my grandfather in this house he was someone that was really loved by me and died 3 yrs prior to my sons birth 1 week after I told him I was to be married.

So my question is, is he indigo or does he have some other ability that wouldn’t fall under that category.

Sorry for the long post it was the only way I knew to give the proper picture and I am sure I have left out some stuff it is 3 am you know lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
oh i should also mention we went on to have but yet another premature baby weighing 1 pound 14 ounces 1 yr later but she had no problems from the get go.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That's quite interesting; however, I've read a bit about Indigo children, and this doesn't seem to meet the description to me. It kind of reminds me of some of the accounts I have read of reincarnation, where children appear to have memories or describe things that they could not possibly know about. I'm no expert in this field, so maybe someone else can provide more insight.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i have thought about reincarnation and to be honest i think it is a strong possibility because of some of the things he says. Intellectually he is off the charts he amazes his teachers with his Intellectual ability and he is constantly seeking knowledge like i have never seen in a child before.
I have a thing that i always sit and answer every question he has untill he fully understands or is satisfied with my answer and beleave it or not we sometimes sit and talk for up to an hour or two on subjects that most kids wouldnt care about or would be satisfied with the first response you give.

lol 1 thing for sure the old answer my mom used to give to the how come question "to make little kids like you ask questions" certainly doesnt fly with this little guy.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I had a similiar expierence myself. when I was born I wasnt breathing. the umbilical cord and gotten wrapped around my neck. I was lucky because this was a military base...and for those of you who dont know this, the military might be better off with civilian doctors lol ( I have met a really good one who is now my physician). anyway, my mother told me that I would talk about events that could not have occured in my lifetime in vivid detail. According to her, they would be something you attribute to the middle ages. (the stories included a friend of mine had been beheaded by a sword of some kind)

I also had dreams of being in a wooden horse when I was a child. I had no clue about Troy or the trojan horse until much later in my life. When I made the connection to the very vivid dream I had I was shocked.

I also had a very keen mind as a child and often would go off on tangents to learn only what I wanted however, lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I was about a month premature at birth. I've always felt like an old soul. I remember being in kindergarden and feeling this way. It's only been recently that I want to research this in more detail. I recall dreams that I've had over the years that don't fit into your everyday dream catagory. These dreams involve other times and places and in one I was a young boy in revolutionary times. That one in particular was interesting in the fact that in the dream everything was so different. Anyone else have any similiar experiences?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
well he has lots of very interesting stories he tells and he tells them so vividly and honestly it is hard to deny, but the amount of details he gave me about my grandfather ( we have never spoken about him around him and he has never overheard anything) sent chills down my spine i wasnt worried or scared about it but it certainly opened up my mind with what he had to say i mean some things he wouldnt have known unless he actualy had seen him. I am very interested in the paranormal and beleave in most of it but never had any proof for me to have belief in religion in anyway (and still have no proof) but i certainly have a belief that thier is something more now.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes, as has been mentioned this sounds like Reincarnation stories - a child whose soul hasn't yet learned to forget these old stories.

The child will forget them, will forget they ever said them, and will turn into themselves again. It's what happens. I don't know if it should be encouraged to happen or not. I don't know if we are meant to remember past lives or not. You could try taking the other route and try to get your son to remember things, try to keep the old soul with you, but that could be dangerous... I don't know.

Ask this question of your son, if he's still saying such things:
"Where were you before you came to mommy and I?"

The reason I mention this is because, in a story I heard from my neighbour about her brother, they were having Indian food one night and the kid's mom said "We're having some very different food tonight, it's called Indian, and you haven't had it before so I just want you to try." and the kid said "I've had it before. I had it on my boat before I came to you." and then went on playing with his stuff.

Reincarnation, yes.

Indigo Children... I think that's a lot of BS personally. By all accounts I'm an Indigo Child (except all grown up now at 20). I think it's more of today's culture that's making many more children act more intelligent. After all, that's what we've been aiming to do, isn't it? With teaching television shows and all...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium

Ask this question of your son, if he's still saying such things:
"Where were you before you came to mommy and I?"

The reason I mention this is because, in a story I heard from my neighbour about her brother, they were having Indian food one night and the kid's mom said "We're having some very different food tonight, it's called Indian, and you haven't had it before so I just want you to try." and the kid said "I've had it before. I had it on my boat before I came to you." and then went on playing with his stuff.

yes actualy he does say many things like that and when this happens i do continue the conversation, But reincarnation alone cannot answer all the other things that has taken place he vividly and candidly explained to me what he knew of my grandfather described the skidoo that even i barely remember and described his character with precision, let alone the amount of stories he tells us about people he knows and where they live and what they like.
mind you my son is disabled his school is 50 or so feet from my house and i work alot so he doesnt venture away from home very much at all and never without my self or my wife so we would be sure to know of anybody he has seen.
lol dont realy know hot to take it but 1 of his most favorite people that he talks about lives in new york and he has never been to new york.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
MadMachinist, maybe try showing your child a photo album, if you've got one kicking around somewhere. See if he recognizes anything, or starts talking about any of the events in the photographs. Even if he doesn't, it will still be worthwhile for your son to see some of those photos, just as a learning experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
MadMachinist, maybe try showing your child a photo album, if you've got one kicking around somewhere. See if he recognizes anything, or starts talking about any of the events in the photographs. Even if he doesn't, it will still be worthwhile for your son to see some of those photos, just as a learning experience.
as a matter of fact that i did just that recently i went through a photo album my mother put together for me as a christmas gift a few yrs back that has pictures of my entire life from birth to present he had alot of funny responses but one response always stands out sometimes he will make a comment saying i remember that when i was older, It isnt alawys a picture that brings about this comment he sometimes sees other things and makes comments about them like a person who has experienced it before.

But even then one who is reincarnated i wouldnt think would be guaranteed to have abilitys like he seems to have (talking and playing with dead relatives), oh and i forgot to mention he also seems to have ability to see things before they have happened atleast from what he describes (we have yet seen any of the things he talks about),
He will have vivid dreams and tell us of impending doom, sounds realy weird but keep in mind this is a 5 yr old telling these story's and he is actualy being honest when he speaks he has even got emotional when this first started to the point where he started crying because he didnt have our full attention in what he was saying he was very persistant to make sure he got his story told.

I guess in all honesty i am just looking for any help/information i can on how to handle/deal with what he is going through and help him on his journy in life.
One thing i have noticed is the amount of skeptics on this board so i have this to say everything i am saying about my child is truthful and i am just looking for some insight for my son, it is well known within my family and friends and neighbors about my son and only my neighbors have answers to what is going on but even then they only know so much.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, it could be something deeper. The kid could just be heavily psychic. This is not an Indigo Child though, it's something else.

An "Indigo Child" is what people are calling children who are above average, ahem, "intelligence, compassion, and cuteness" - to sum it up. Overall I think it's just people with bloated self-image that are naming their children Indigo Children...

However, like I said, yours doesn't seem to be an Indigo Child... but rather, something else entirely. Perhaps the kid is just very psychic at this age. This could change as he grows older, or it might stay with him. You should try to encourage him to build this ability. Try slide-cards. Say it's a game, and it is (and a fun one at that!), where the object of the game is to guess the picture on a card that you're holding. If he doesn't know the words of shapes, try colours. Take 5 colours. If he gets MORE than 2 out of 5 correct on average (keep doing the tests for as long as it remains fun), then he's got a good edge. The better he does, the more it's looking like he's psychic.

If this is too easy... I don't know, if this is an extreme case of psychic abilities, look to yourself for the answers on where to go next with it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yarium

i am going to try a few tests like you said.

on a different note slight psychic ability's have run on my mothers side of my family this including my mother and myself however with me it was nothing like it is with my son i just used to have the occasional dream come true but it would always be little insignificant things but my mother well lol we could never lie to her.

top topics

join