It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's See Who's Been Banned and WHY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by brEaDITORAs I noted previously, my friend did none of these things, having never broken the rules here, and she was banned outright for having an unpopular viewpoint. This is the only explanation that remains that fits the circumstances of her banning.

Let's see if we can't figure this out.

However, if your friend expressed their "unpopular viewpoint" in a highly aggressive or insulting way, it may result in a banning.

Please send me the member's username in a U2U and we'll track it down... almost every decision to ban is discussed in great length among staff before a ban is decided upon.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'll add my $0.02 here.

brEaDITOR,

There was a time, that I thought I was banned. (could not login, etc.) For me, it turned out that I was not banned, but due to other circumstances, my password and email info, was accidently trashed.

I was issued a new password, and all was well, after that.

Perhaps something similar had happened to your friend?

u2u with Simon, to find out either way, rather than causing all this drama here.

In my situation, I never once acted the way you are now acting in regards to your unamed friends account.

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 4/20/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My apologies for my "BS" post. I'm very angry about this particular banning. It did not seem at all fair.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

There was a time, that I thought I was banned. (could not login, etc.) For me, it turned out that I was not banned, but due to other circumstances, my password and email info, was accidently trashed.

Her posts state Banned and you can't view her profile. I'm pretty sure that's banned.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brEaDITOR
Her posts state Banned and you can't view her profile. I'm pretty sure that's banned.

Absolutely, but you had'nt mentioned that earlier ("Banned").

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brEaDITOR
A friend of mine was banned for a pretty lame reason. I question the fairness of the banning guidelines here.

She wasn't warned at all. She never used profanity or violated the rules. She was never given an explanation for the ban. She tried to sign in and found she was banned.

She believes it was because her viewpoint wasn't popular with the people in charge here. What else would she think since no one communicated with her in any way before they simply dumped her?

There is always 2 sides of a coin. Maybe she wasn't being honest with you, because it should be pretty clear why a banning has taken place.

Then again I have seen people banned that I found quite surprising and out of character. But people can turn ugly sometimes, and you may never know when it will happen.

Something else that is pertinent here is the fact that I find some of the moderators to be less impartial than they should, and a small number to be provocative and damn right rude.

So maybe your friend got into a tussle with a mod, and you know there can be only one winner!

In general, I wish this place was far more hamonic than it is. But ATS mirrors our world perfectly in that it has all the good and bad attributes of our modern society.

I have been on this forum for quite a long time and I have seen many people come and go. But I must say that recently the behavior of people in general is getting worse. We are seeing more than ever people being verbally abused, and really idiotic posts that do not contribute anything to a thread.

I would like to see a far more strict policy to be used on ATS. Delete any post that has no value to the thread (the long threads would be easier to read). Give a warning for a personal attack, and ban anyone that is trying to be funny and clearly doesn't have an atom of comedy in them.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You may judge for yourself if she should have been banned. Here's the thread. Her ID is Bibliophile:

Holland to allow 'baby euthanasia'

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm looking into the situation with SkepticOverlord, please bear with us and refrain from speculation. It doesn't help but makes matters worse.

We'll U2U brEaDITOR privately to handle this.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Simon

I am concerned about somebody who has recently been banned and thought it may be the same person who was being discussed here.

But since this person has now been named - my concern is regarding another person.

Have just sent a U2U to Skeptic with my concerns so maybe you could both take a look at my friends banning as well please.

Many thanks

JM

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesmickael
my concern is regarding another person.

There are numerous valid reasons for the former member you named... including several attempts to return with an abusive attitude under new accounts.

I think this thread has served the puprose, and everyone is now aware of the appropriate method for alerting site ownership over staff action you think may be questionable. And as an example with Jamesmickael's posts, most members are not aware of all the facts/reasons that result in action against a member account.

Thread closed.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If there are anymore issues surrounding banned members that may have been in error, please U2U me so I can look into it.

SkepticOverlord is our beloved tech guy, I would hate to have him inundated with even more U2U's when this is something I can handle.

Please don't post in a thread as I may not always look at it, not to mention such queries are best handled on a 1-to-1 basis.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by SimonGray]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join