It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical CHRISTIANS: God likes burning human Flesh!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Dear people of the one God, one heaven religion. Did you know the bible apparently says god likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh? www.evilbible.com...

Unlike maths, science, philosphy and even stories, the bible is very much god on paper. It does not exist in any significant way without being on paper somewhere. Therefore could it be that the bible has got it a little bit wrong? Or do i now know what to do if i ever kill someone by mistake?

Personally i've nearly always been religious. Just at some stage I wonderd if the idea of God on paper was quite right. And if the bible does encourage human sacrifice (at least in theory) then can we safely say there was something distantly "Evangelical" about medivael witch burning?

Hay i wonder what would happen if we tried that out today? (Would certainly save on church heating).
And would an arrest really violate your European human right to freedom of religious expression?

I've often wonderd if the "real" forces of darkness ever hijacked religion.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You must remember Liberal, the bible has many books in it, and I never agree it was ever the word of god, but speaking for the Christians since they wont, these were manifestations past pagan beliefs that would of leaked into teachings of the Old Testament.

God never orders anyone to do anything, he never talks and orders, he just suggest and supports, those who will accept goodness and accept the reality of there lives, life is hard but you should still keep morals and resist temptations that would be possibily covered up for the personal gain by blaming it on Gods' so called orders.

You can make your own assumptoins to those writings, but remember what is good and what is right, that is what really matters, and I give you kudo's for pointing them out.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What evidence do you have to suggest that god doesn't tell us to do anything directly, and only suggests and supports. You could have gotten this information elsewhere than the bible, but if you did then it can't be the word of god according to alot of people, if he did such things it would have said so in there. But if he did say so in the bible, then you are extracting this knowlege from the same book that says god likes the smell of burning flesh.
What i'm getting at is the thing that bothers me most about the bible is the picking and choosing of what suits. The very fact that things other than godly wisdom have leaked into it, makes it imperfect, and god is anything but.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
What evidence do you have to suggest that god doesn't tell us to do anything directly, and only suggests and supports.

I do not think I was clear enough sorry, but its something we all have, that is free will, God helps those who help themselves, meaning if you are willing to work at something, and need extra guidence there will always be those who will help, but God on the other hand never talks, he doesnt not use words, language has its flaws, we can never discribe things the way they truely are, we only can sense smell, hear, taist, and feel and are stuck in three dimensions of reality.

If God truly had everything done for a reason, there is no point in living, your life is pointless, your destiny is already decided, no point in moving on man, its going to happen anyways. But thats not true in that sense either, but only in literal terms.

Also we can accept to serve God, and do what is good and fight againts evil and its temtations. We can also accept to ignore god, God is everything but imperfect as you have stated, and you are correct in my mind, I never bet my soul on a book btw.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did you ever play that "telephone" game in grade school? You know, the one where everyone sits in a big circle and a person somewhere in the circle whispers something to the person on thier right or left and they go on in that fashion until the message has been passed all the way around the circle? Thus is the bible. It has been translated so many time by so many different translators, also known as imperfect men, that what was originaly in there isn't all in there and some things that weren't originaly in there are.
So keep in mind, no matter what the religous fanatics might say, the bible is prone to translational error.

So, God does not prefer the smell of burning flesh. I have not read whatever passage you were refering to, but perhaps you could post the reference. If that scripture is refering to hell and the fire and brimstone and burning that is supposed to go on there: News Flash - there is no flesh in hell. Spirits have no phisical feeling, they have no physical bodies. There is nothing to burn but your mind and intellect.

Tricks is right. God has never made anyone do anything. He has set forth certian laws. He has set forth consequences for many of those laws, some more severe than others. But He has never twisted one's arm and made them do His bidding. It is not His way. And yes, we are all given divine guidence in this life. This is so that we do not have to rely solely on what has been written or said by men, but rather, we can have God corroborate what we are told by men and know who to believe and who to blow off.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What's really astonishing here is that a site called "evil bible.com would shed a negative light on the Bible. I wonder what kind of information you would find at www.godhatesshrimp.com... ? Perhaps something about God hating shrimp?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Did you know the bible apparently says god likes the pleasing aroma of burning flesh?

Not half as much as Bill Clinton and the liberal establishment did, at Waco.

Isn't it better for people to throw accusations at real contemporary evils rather than inventing malicious little stories like this?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

top topics

join