It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Begins Sequal???(Official BTS “Dark Knight” Thread.)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well the latest new is that the guy they picked to play the joker said no, i wonder what they will do now

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You are saying Heath Ledger backed out?
Do you have a link for that?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Check out the first clips of the new Batman movie.
Starring Sam Rockwell(The green mile, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)
And Justin Long (From something)

www.redheadedleague.com...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That was a pretty funny vid.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
You are saying Heath Ledger backed out?
Do you have a link for that?

sorry didnt mean to worry you i was actually refering to their first choice not heath
heres the link
cinescape.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
do people still like batman? all he can do is drive the batmobile and throw stuff out of his belt!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's not what he does... it's who he is that interests us... well, that's what interests me anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
It's not what he does... it's who he is that interests us...well, that's what interests me anyway.

That's what interests me about Batman as well.

Just a bit of info on the release date of the movie.

The Dark Knight, which is tentatively due in June 2008.

"We are supposed to start shooting what we call a preshoot, which we know what that is, in January and then the main body of the movie is going to start in March," he added.

www.superherohype.com...

-tts

[edit on 6-9-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
do people still like batman? all he can do is drive the batmobile and throw stuff out of his belt!

look you derelict, first of all batman is the main guy who does not have superpower he uses his mind and body. second he is cool as hell and wouldnt trade him for lobo or spawn. the point is that people identify with batman like they do with spiderman. he draws out comon feelings that people may share about crime and doing something about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Heath Ledger made an interesting comment last week, He said that his interpretation of the joker feels more like its out of "A clockwork orange". I like the fact that at least he seems to be taking this serious.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just found this on IGN.com- they have a great comic section also.

filmforce.ign.com...

Dark Knight Detective Work
IGN dissects the next Bat-film, investigating its ties to the character's comic book roots.
by Stax
September 29, 2006 - The purpose of this feature is to speculate on what The Dark Knight, the follow-up to Batman Begins, might be about and how The Joker (to be played by Heath Ledger) might be portrayed in the film. This speculation will be based primarily on the public comments made by the film's principals – including Ledger, director Christopher Nolan and Batman Begins screenwriter David Goyer – as well as an analysis of the comic books cited by them as being an influence on the sequel.

"The title has been chosen very specifically. It's quite important to the film," Chris Nolan said in a recent interview with Mean Magazine. The helmer coyly declined to elaborate further on that meaning, saying, "I'll leave that for people to infer."

In that same interview, Nolan addressed some of the themes of the film. In Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne confronted his fear and explored the meaning of justice versus revenge. The Dark Knight will be "about things having to get worse before they get better."

While Nolan did not go into great detail about The Joker, he advised fans that Alan Moore's classic graphic novel The Killing Joke won't be the only influence on this film's depiction of the Clown Prince of Crime. "I also would point very much to the first two appearances of the Joker in the comic. If you look at where the Joker comes from there's a very clear direction that fits what we're doing very well."

Ledger advised The Toronto Star that "it's obviously not going to be what Jack Nicholson did. It's going to be more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of A Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is, I think, what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes."

Rest of article found in the link above.

Cory

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Check out the first clips of the new Batman movie.
Starring Sam Rockwell(The green mile, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)
And Justin Long (From something)

[edit on 2-9-2006 by chris01621]

I have another new clip from the Batman sequal, along with the one above, you have to watch these...

www.somethingawful.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It looks like they've confirmed Hervey Dent to be in the sequel.

When we asked if District Attorney Harvey Dent – a.k.a. Batman's future nemesis Two-Face – would indeed be in the film, Nolan replied, "I don't want to go into too many specifics. Yes, he is."

IGN caught up with Nolan as he was exiting the event and asked if Dent had been cast. "Not yet." Would that actor be an American, an Aussie or a Brit? "You'll see," Nolan promised.

filmforce.ign.com...

I have another new clip from the Batman sequal, you have to watch these...
www.somethingawful.com...

Hahaha! That was funny.

-tts

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Harvey Dent (Two Face) Rumors.

Lately there has been a bunch of rumors going round on who will play Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight. Jake Gyllenhaal, Guy Pierce and Ryan Phillipe have all been tossed around as being in talks to play the part.

Publicist representing all these actors are putting these rumors to rest and denying involvement in the Batman sequel.

uk.filmforce.ign.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Harvey Dent (Two Face) Rumors.

Lately there has been a bunch of rumors going round on who will play Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight. Jake Gyllenhaal, Guy Pierce and Ryan Phillipe have all been tossed around as being in talks to play the part.

Publicist representing all these actors are putting these rumors to rest and denying involvement in the Batman sequel.

uk.filmforce.ign.com...

The name I've heard thrown around most is Ryan Phillipe, which would be an interesting choice.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The Dark Knight is going to be filmed in the same place as Batman Begins - London, England.

Pre-production has started in London on the much anticipated Batman sequel The Dark Knight! We can confirm that most of the Batman Begins crew is back, including director of photography Wally Pfister, production designer Nathan Crowley, costume designer Lindy Hemming and art directors Simon Lamont and Kevin Kavanaugh.

Link

Batman Begins was aslo filmed in Iceland and Chicago. Wonder if it'll have other locations for the filming?

-tts

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.comingsoon.net

The Dark Knight is scheduled to be a July 18, 2008 release.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I would hate to see Catwoman in this next movie. She has had her own movie out as of recent, and I would see it as a lame villain. The Joker is probably the favorite here as the first one gave some hints to him.

Either way this movie will see alot of success when it comes to its release date.

Joker all the way. He is the best villian Batman ever fought! Looking forward to the next Batman movie...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.mercurynews.com...

He will play the Joker in ``The Dark Knight,'' Christopher Nolan's follow-up to ``Batman Begins,'' which begins shooting in March.

The actor says that in spite of the box-office potential of ``Knight,'' he's intrigued more by the role, which he describes as a ``pure anarchist.''

``I still feel like it's a character I've never done before,'' he says, ``and I'm going to be donning a mask. I'm not really thinking about the commercial consequences. Maybe I should be. But at this point, it's just an exciting next step.''

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A Knight in the Windy City.

Batman is going to be filmed in London but will also be shot in Chicago.

www.superherohype.com

The Chicago Tribune reports that Warner Bros. will return to Chicago for the filming of The Dark Knight:

For 2007, Warner Bros. already has committed to shooting a good portion of the next "Batman" flick, starring Christian Bale, in the Windy City.

Batman And Joker.

Some info on Batmans costume and the Joker.

www.ign.com

Christian Bale's Batman will sport a modified and more "fabricky" outfit than the version he wore in Begins. The site expects the costume will still be rubber but sleeker than the version seen in the previous film.

The Joker's garb will be "less cartoony", according to BoF's source. "[Since this film's Joker is] much more dark, sinister, and threatening, his costume is very much going to reflect that."

-tts

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join