It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Begins Sequal???(Official BTS “Dark Knight” Thread.)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It seems certain types of email provider don't work. I used gmail and it was fine.

However you're only going to see the image provided above when you crack it, so I woudn't sweat it.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm not too sure how I feel about that look.
So far, I'm not too keen on the scarring around the mouth and the way the red is mottled all around the mouth either.
Are there any other viral campaign or leaked photos lurking around?
This does have me intrigued though.

I do know that the director gave Heath Ledger The Killing Joke to use as reference material.
That gives me high hopes, as The Killing Joke is one of my absolute favorites of all time and serves as the quintessential Joker origin.

SR

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
I'm not too sure how I feel about that look.
So far, I'm not too keen on the scarring around the mouth and the way the red is mottled all around the mouth either.
Are there any other viral campaign or leaked photos lurking around?
This does have me intrigued though.

I do know that the director gave Heath Ledger The Killing Joke to use as reference material.
That gives me high hopes, as The Killing Joke is one of my absolute favorites of all time and serves as the quintessential Joker origin.

They've done this to co-incide with the joker's new look in the batman comics i think well either way DC comics has influenced the movie or the movie has influenced DC comics so the fans will be familiar with the look:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I should be the Joker, I auditioned but Nolan said I freaked him out too much haha.

OK back to reality, I guess ledger's look is really showing a horribly deformed man with all the pigmentation burned out of his skin.
I also am not too keen on the look but for realism it really could work so well in the Gotham City in Nolans mind.

Can't wait for this film...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I must say that I do digg that Joker look!!! I think the Joker is by far one of the best villians out there!!! I think the look, is perfect especially for the Dark Knight Series!!! I'm just happy that they are finally starting to make some half decent Batman Movies!!!!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmmmm....
Yeah, every other Batman movie totally sucked.
I'm still not too sure about how I feel about the new joker look.
I'm holding off on a final decision until I see more.

I understand that they have to make it realistic, and if that is the case, then just follow The Killing Joke, it really makes the most sense.

If they do something stupid like make it a result of plastic surgery or an explosion (or a combination of the two) then I'm going to throw a fit.

Just stick to what works.
When you get too creative, you wind up damaging the creative process and losing credibility.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hmmmm....
Yeah, every other Batman movie totally sucked.

Um, I meant except for Batman Begins.
That movie was freakin' awesome.
It made Batman legit again.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For someone who doesn't read Comics, can you explain how the Joker became who he is in "The Killing Joke" plz???

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sure.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Killing_Joke

That's a dynamite summary of the story.
It's probably my favorite Batman story.

You can purchase it here:
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-5731880-6319304?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179805821&sr=8-1

and here:
search.ebay.com...

You can find it in other places too, hopefully cheaper.
Happy reading.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks, thats a very good read.

I went from the killing joke, to red hood(I think he was called) to Barbera Gorden being oracle, to Dick Grayson going onto nightwing, and I never even knew there was a Tim Drake, who I now realise is the Robin in teen titans, when I have seen it on tv.

I never realised how complex these stories were and I hope Nolan uses them...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Chukkles]

SR

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Sure.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Killing_Joke

That's a dynamite summary of the story.
It's probably my favorite Batman story.

You can purchase it here:
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-5731880-6319304?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179805821&sr=8-1

and here:
search.ebay.com...

You can find it in other places too, hopefully cheaper.
Happy reading.

One of the best graphic novels ever!!! I love how he tries to turn Gordon especially with what could be his origins being explained at the same time makes you feel so sorry for the Joker even the Batman at the end couldn't bring himself to do anything.

I love how the Joker is presented as an actual genius instead of just some random psycho like in the cartoons there even dumbing him down in the comics at the moment as well which is a shame. Especially after building him as a badass again during Infinte Crisis.

I'll stick to reading the old stories that do him justice if that turns out to be the case such as Arkham Aslyum etc.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't read Infinite Crisis yet, I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to comics now a days.
I've read about it, but I haven't had the time or money to re-establish a decent comic collection.
Don't worry, it's on my list for summer reading.

I heard a rumor that the big secret for Dark Knight, is that because they're having the Joker, that they may include Harley.
Now, I'm as big a fan of Harley as the next guy, but unless the script and casting is perfect, it will be very stupid.
As far as actresses go, I think that Brittany Murphy would do an excellent job capturing the attitude and look of Harley (and even the voice), but I'm not sure if she is capable of doing the physical work.

SR

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yeah, unfortunately, I haven't read Infinite Crisis yet, I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to comics now a days.
I've read about it, but I haven't had the time or money to re-establish a decent comic collection.
Don't worry, it's on my list for summer reading.

I heard a rumor that the big secret for Dark Knight, is that because they're having the Joker, that they may include Harley.
Now, I'm as big a fan of Harley as the next guy, but unless the script and casting is perfect, it will be very stupid.
As far as actresses go, I think that Brittany Murphy would do an excellent job capturing the attitude and look of Harley (and even the voice), but I'm not sure if she is capable of doing the physical work.

Defintely agree about Brittany Murphy although Harley is an amazing character and the dynamic and conversations between her and the Joker is always LOL i hope they restrict it to a small role maybe of when she was a doctor before she fell in love with Joker or something cause honestly i just want to see Joker kick ass in this movie on his own.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I agree.
Especially considering that this will be more about the young Joker trying to establish himself and reputation.
He really started out more as a serial killer than a thief.
The idea of adding Harley early on will work against the idea of the Joker acting out as she seems to be the anchor of his personality.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anthony Michael Hall from The Dead Zone to be in The Dark Knight?

Link

Anthony Michael Hall, star of USA Network's The Dead Zone and countless teen flicks from the 1980s, appears to have joined the cast of The Dark Knight in top secret role.

Hall spoke with the LA Daily News about the part over the weekend. He says, "I signed a confidentiality agreement, and I can't say which part I'm playing because it affects the story. I can't give away the suspense — it's a $200 million surprise, and I don't want to be the guy to ruin it."

ETA: Here's another Link.

Anthony Michael Hall

-tts

[edit on 22-5-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Go back here:
www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com...

and highlight the whole page, you'll get a bunch of hidden text saying:
hahahahahahahah

it looks like the Joker is on the loose.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is also a hidden message in there too.
Remove all the "ha ha's" and you are left with "See you in December."

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
Anthony Michael Hall from The Dead Zone to be in The Dark Knight?

Link

Anthony Michael Hall, star of USA Network's The Dead Zone and countless teen flicks from the 1980s, appears to have joined the cast of The Dark Knight in top secret role.

Hall spoke with the LA Daily News about the part over the weekend. He says, "I signed a confidentiality agreement, and I can't say which part I'm playing because it affects the story. I can't give away the suspense — it's a $200 million surprise, and I don't want to be the guy to ruin it."

ETA: Here's another Link.

Anthony Michael Hall

-tts

[edit on 22-5-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

I have a theory on his character, I think he maybe Dick Grayson, but not Robin (yet) Nolan may be setting up for a third film with Robin.

ONLY THEORY, I could be sooooo wrong...

EDIT:
I have just seen on wiki that he is 39 years old, I don't think a 39 yr old robin would fit in anywere, that pic is decieving.

Anyone else got any More educated guesses????

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow the Joker looks.... disturbing. AND I LIKE IT!

I thought Heath would ruin this but seeing him all dolled up, I got pretty scared. I love the whole messed up lipstick too, looks really messed up.

And I'm glad Harley's in the film too. She was usually only a minor character, originating in the Animated Series but in the comics I've seen her in she is usually pretty good. Doesn't the Joker usually get violent to her too?

I hope she has the classic Broadway accent. It wouldn't be the same without it!

edit: Just wanted to see what you thought of this signature image I made for use on another site.

Look real close at the lips and face. That took a tediously long amount of time... but I think it was worth it.

[edit on 22/5/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Dynamite signature!!

I for one, can't think of anything that they would use Anthony Michael Hall for.
Considering that he's actually older than Christian Bale, it's unlikely that they would use him for Dick Grayson.
I'm going to put some serious thought into this and see if I can't figure out just what the heck they have him doing in this movie.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join