Batman Begins Sequal???(Official BTS “Dark Knight” Thread.)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are some rumors of a few more villains being in "The Dark Night".

Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot is rumored to be in the sequel. And may be played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I've read that "The Penguin" was going to have a cameo-like appearance in the movie.

Several sites are reporting that Philip Seymour Hoffman is "confirmed" for The Penguin in the Batman Begins sequel.

The Penguin in the universe of Batman Begins will be more realistic than the deformed freak played by Danny DeVito in Tim Burton's Batman Returns. This new incarnation of the Penguin will be closer to the villain played by Burgess Meredith in the TV show - in other words, a well-dressed crime lord who happens to have a very distinctive nose.

www.ugo.com...

Some other rumored villains to be in the film are crime boss Salvatore Maroni, Roman Sionis ("Black Mask"), Dr. Leslie Thompkins, and Talia Al Ghul.

Recent rumors have Bat-characters Oswald Cobblepot ("The Penguin"), crime boss Salvatore Maroni, Roman Sionis ("Black Mask"), Dr. Leslie Thompkins, and Talia Al Ghul possibly included in the sequel.

www.batman-on-film.com...

-tts

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
the way i think it should go is, the guy that played chill or whatever should come back as joker. i know he was killed but they could make it so he faked his death and happens to be the first person batman tries to save but drops him in the acid or whatever it was that screwed up jokers face. because i thought it really sucked that they changed that part of the story where joker killed batmans parents, so they should fix it, its just like saying africans crucified Jesus, no offense to Jesus. but its true. plus, that guy looks like a perfect joker. and i also think bob hoskins would be a perfect penguin, he was my choice for that part. i also think that ashton kutcher should be cast for the part of riddler, vin diesel as mr freese, rebecca romijn as cat woman, rachel nichols as poison ivy, and micheal shannon as two face. and if they ever bring robin in they should get a young guy like sean faris or one of those xmen boys.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would really like to see the Penguin in The Dark Knight, and I actually do think he will make an appearance in the film. I have complete faith in Chris Nolan and his team in making this film a masterpiece.

Originally posted by joadco
...i also think that ashton kutcher should be cast for the part of riddler...

I'm not disrespecting your opinion, which you are entitled to, but if he became the riddler, I probably wouldn't want to watch the film, even though I am a huge Batman fan. I just don't like him at all and I don't think he'd be good enough for such a role. So yeah, no offense to you, just stating my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i thought about it later and i realized ashton kutcher wouldnt be a very gould riddler, i think johnny depp would really suit the part though, i loved the way he acted in secret window, and i think the sequel should be called batman: the dark knight continues. and about jude law acting as the joker, i dont think it will work very well, hed actually be better as the riddler, not better than johnny depp but better than my first choice. and i think phillip seymore hoffman would also make a good penguin.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hope Catwoman makes an appearance in one of the films. *drools*

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If Ashton Kutcher was ever cast in a Batman movie (or any comic movie for that matter) it would guarantee to alienate any comic/Batman fans.
As for Catwoman I think the Halle Berry movie probably turned off Chris Nolan from having the character in his films. It sure would be nice to see Catwoman done right though.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I haven't seen H. Berry in Catwoman so I can't comment, although I've heard it's utter crap!

All I know is that if she's gorgeous (and also a good actress and portrays Catwoman well) then I'll be happy.

From a drunken X-88.

P.S

I will wake later today and think, "WTF! I didnt say that!".

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I dont like the idea of heath ledger playing joker but then ive never seen him play an evil malevolent pshyopath and plus the joker is an agile almost acroBATic character so i just relly cant see it or him pulling it off. I guess we just have to have faith in the maker of the best batman film ever..

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88

Originally posted by razor1000
they will play out the whole joker origin in the story for the first 30-40 minutes then the joker we know and love will be born by batman's hand.

I'm not too sure Nolan will show that because he said that this Batman trilogy is just that... a Batman trilogy... as in, the films are focused on Batman/Bruce Wayne, the villains are just used to bring out more of Batman/Bruce's character.
you cant have a character like the joker and not show his back story, yes they have introduced him in the first but as another guy said they will go back and show were he came from. also another guy said they will show batman make joker the way he is BUT as i said they already introduced him in the first... If im not mistaken he wasn't known as the joker until he bacame the joker.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OKay - I have several points ot make:

1. Michael Keaton is the best actor to portray the Batman. Hands down. Christian Bale, although buffed, was not up to Keatons standards. Perhaps this is the directors fault in requiring "his" vision of Batman to be made. Bale had me falling asleep.

2. Nicholson's Joker was acceptable at times, acting wise- but a previous poster is right about him not being nimble, thin, and extremely dangerous.

3. NO ONE I mean NO ONE should make a movie entitled "The Dark Knight Returns" unless it is based directly on Miller's graphic novel of the same name. Notably, Bruce Wayne/Batman has aged and been out of the Batsuit for 10 years in that story. What better time to bring Michael Keaton back as the protagonist in this rather apocolyptic time?

G.Houtchens
armchair coach
amateur historian

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Im sorry but im going to oppose your opinian and say that the only reason people like micheal keaton and jack nicholson as batman an joker is because they were the originals, alot of people cant get past that, they've been watching them in the first batman for years and it sticks on you. I think Christian bale is better than michael keaton because whereas michael keaton does alot of light hearted movies, Christian Bale is the american psyco, the machinist and a few other gritty roles he is so much darker as a person and actor

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i agree with the guy before me, micheal keaton and jack nicholson were the best actors to play those parts, but that was only at the time, and ya christian bale was a better batman which actually makes him the best batman so far and since hes the best batman imagine how the next joker will be, that goes for all the other villains. i still say i hate the way they changed the part where a hired goon killed batmans parents, thats where jokers supposed to make his first appearance.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I got a question for comic book fans. Is it in the comics that joker killed Batmans parents or is that just tim burtons idea? also as i stated somewer else in here i'm not sure i like the idea of heath ledger as the joker, he dosnt seem the right actor for the job to me and i can see hem makeing a complete hash of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That was just in the movie Chris. Batman's parents were killed by a criminal named Joe Chill. The folks at Wikipedia are pretty good at keeping comic Characters history accurate. Check out their Batman page

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you. So the guy who shot his parents in begins is not the joker before becoming the joker and is actually the guy from the comics. much help thx

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If you saw Batman Begins, Joe Chill made an appearance in there, he then got shot after his hearing.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
If you saw Batman Begins, Joe Chill made an appearance in there, he then got shot after his hearing.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by xeroxed88]

Sorry if my typing is unclear but that is what I have stated directly above your statment with the help of the guy below my previous question about who actually killed bruces parents

[edit on 20-8-2006 by chris01621]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Check out this interview with Nolan.

www.betterthanfudge.com...

Horowitz: I take it [the Joker] will be less Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson than the Joker we saw portrayed in a comic like The Killing Joke?
Nolan: Yes. I would certainly point to The Killing Joke but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of the Joker in the comic. If you look at where the Joker comes from there’s a very clear direction that fits what we’re doing very well.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Michael Keaton was the best batman for that failed series, and JN was a great joker. but as has been stated here before, this is a whole new beast we are starting from the very begining (pun intended) and the story is actually closer to the comic that those movies ever were. although i still preffer the first batmobile to all the other ones (followed closely by the one in bat3). i think bale is a great batman but the batsuit still needs sometweaking to make it look more like the comics, or at the very least like the one in the original batman. the best part of this series is that gotham city is really being fleshed out and portrayed in the way it should be. not like the original series.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
About the batsuit, it is only his first attempt to make one, in this series he will make ajustments. someone stated before but they will probably wreck the batmobile in this second film and make one closer to the actual batmobile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join