It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone claimed to be God, would you believe him?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Say for instance, if I were to tell you I was God in the flesh, would you believe me?

Would you believe anyone who claimed to be him?

On what terms would it take for you to believe such a claim?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would have to ask him what he means by "God." I can claim to be "Frunger," too, but you'd probably want to know who or what that is before you believed me.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know what I'm getting at. God, the one who created everything. Just picture it as YOUR personal conception of who and what God is. Should make it easier.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
haha no.

but I'd sing him a trivium lyric or 2 as i put a quater in his beggar cup.

You ask me oh God why?
Cause I'm God #ing why

well
if he could like
shoot himself in the face repeatedly and live
or like make a slurpee appear than then a hawt lambo but shriner clown car size...

then mebbeh
i'd be like sweet lets go kill all the blasphemers!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If this ever happens to you, you will know. God won't claim to be God in the flesh until you believe he/she is, and then your hunch will be confirmed through info that could only come from someone with Godly knowledge. People seem to think that Jesus/God will come down out of the clouds in some glorious show, but I say to them, while your getting a strained neck looking for Him, He walked by you and you didn't even see Him.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jesus claimed to be God, and yet many didn't believe him. Even killed him for claiming it.

Yet some did believe he was who he said he was. And now we have christianity.

If Jesus was God in the flesh, as he says he was; Then yes, God would and has claimed to be God. So, if someone came around claiming to be God today, why would you choose not to believe him? What if you were wrong? You'd be no better then those who denied Jesus, wouldn't you?

Or do you not think Jesus was God in the flesh? If you don't, then do you not follow the NT, or just the parts about Jesus and his teaching's?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i don't believe i am god. i don't believe you are god. i don't believe jesus is god. i don't believe god is god. i don't believe in god. i would call you a liar and leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aniiohsowtf
i don't believe i am god. i don't believe you are god. i don't believe jesus is god. i don't believe god is god. i don't believe in god. i would call you a liar and leave it at that.

lol, I know what you would say. I'm curious what those of faith would say, as this is basically what happened with Jesus when he claimed to be God. So far it sounds like it would happen all over again. People of faith would deny a person who claims to be God. (the few in this thread atleast)

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n

Originally posted by aniiohsowtf

lol, I know what you would say. I'm curious what those of faith would say, as this is basically what happened with Jesus when he claimed to be God. So far it sounds like it would happen all over again. People of faith would deny a person who claims to be God. (the few in this thread atleast)

ha ha, i know, but i do so love throwing my two cents in.
it's funny, people of faith have been the first ones to get angry about hobos claiming to be the second coming of jesus.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
People I've met who've claimed to be God, I put in the same category as the person who said he could make clouds move (he would point his finger at clouds and say, "See, they're moving!") My belief?--we all have God in us.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
My belief?--we all have God in us.

there are different things that are brought to mind with that sentence. please elaborate?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was brought up religiously, having heard from the Bible that we are all brothers and sisters. That just used to mean to me in a rhetorical sense. But now I see this as, wait a minute we're all created in God's image, holy @$ we are a part of God. It has been much easier to find the face of God in everyone. As I see it, it's like God is a round of yeast bread dough and we're all a little pinch off of it, so we can grow, too.
Hey, afterall, at the atomic level, we're all the same and we truly are One with the Universe
Thanks for asking.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
hey. you called? well here i am, god, in the flesh. see look i didnt even have to capitalize the "g", cuz im god. oh i get it, you dont believe me. wait a sec....:w:...ok im back. anyways, proof. well go ahead and open your bible. see look, theres my name, see it? right there "God". well there you *hick* go. holy sh*#..
ahhh thats better. believe me!!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I imagine I would be skeptical, but open to the possibility that it might be God. I would hear them out and then make an initial judgement based on that. This judgement, by no means would be final, and could be altered at any time. At least that's what I think I would do.

I have often thought this about Jesus, and pondered how difficult a task it must have been to convince anyone of His identity.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytym
I have often thought this about Jesus, and pondered how difficult a task it must have been to convince anyone of His identity.

Pretty much why I made the thread. It would be pretty difficult, and as it does seem even for those of faith.

I get knocked down for wanting proof of a God creating everything. And yet, those of faith in this thread would require some form of proof from someone who claimed to be God.

Hypocrits.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Say for instance, if I were to tell you I was God in the flesh, would you believe me?

Would you believe anyone who claimed to be him?

On what terms would it take for you to believe such a claim?

No, no, and no.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why would we have another person claiming to be God, as Jesus did? From a Christian perspective, it shouldn't happen anyway; Jesus was a fullfillment of a religious prophecy, and needed to perform miracles to convince others, but even he said we shouldn't expect anymore miracles in the future, that's it, show over, use faith. Besides, we're all children of God and no one needs to claim s/he is God. Such a claim today usually comes from persons needing to convince themselves they need power personally or persons wanting to fleece God's flock.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Jesus was a fullfillment of a religious prophecy, and needed to perform miracles to convince others, but even he said we shouldn't expect anymore miracles in the future, that's it, show over, use faith. Besides, we're all children of God and no one needs to claim s/he is God. Such a claim today usually comes from persons needing to convince themselves they need power personally or persons wanting to fleece God's flock.

do you know that messiah originally meant "king of the jews"? not "son of god".

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Why would we have another person claiming to be God, as Jesus did? From a Christian perspective, it shouldn't happen anyway; Jesus was a fullfillment of a religious prophecy, and needed to perform miracles to convince others, but even he said we shouldn't expect anymore miracles in the future, that's it, show over, use faith. Besides, we're all children of God and no one needs to claim s/he is God. Such a claim today usually comes from persons needing to convince themselves they need power personally or persons wanting to fleece God's flock.

See, that's interesting. The prophecies don't speak of a messiah who claims to be God. And yet ... Jesus did just that.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You know what I'm getting at.

No, I don't.

God, the one who created everything.

The one what? Person? Ghost? Machine? And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "everything." Did this thing even create itself?

Just picture it as YOUR personal conception of who and what God is. Should make it easier.

I have no personal conception of what God is, or is supposed to be. So in that case, I'd have to say that if somebody claimed to be God, I guess wouldn't know what he was talking about. Just like I don't know what you're talking about.

However, would you believe me if I said I was God?
And needed a few bucks to help keep my church going?

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Enkidu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join