It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This too funny!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

World of Warcraft or otherwise known as simply, WoW is one of the most popular and successful computer games in history. It is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that 6 million people pay $10 -15 per month to play. This type of popularity creates a sample size that is large enough to reflect the forces that control it. In Layman's terms, with this many people playing this online game at any given time human nature tends to get a stronger representation.

The first "reality" check was a bug that caused a plague to outbreak and affect people's characters in certain cases instantly killing any player below a certain level.

The second "reality" check was when this group of Warcraft players otherwise known as a guild interrupted a memorial service. Apparently, some dude dies in real life who is a popular WoW player. The people in the game think it would be nice to have a memorial for the player so they log into his account, take the character to a lake, and set it up for everyone to come pay their respects.

A bunch of dudes decide this would be a great time to ambush everyone so they run over a hill, kill the dead guy's character, and then wipe out everyone who was there to show their respects. They filmed the whole thing and put it on the net for everyone to see.

source with video goodness **contains strong language**

It was kind of this guys friends to hold the memorial service but I gotta give mad props to the ambushers for seizing the opportunity. Plus I can't help thinking that in this type of game some lookouts should have been posted to guard the service. Its also funny how some people have gotton all prissy over it

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the dead mans family, I'm sure they won't be happy with the attention this has got. And at the same time, while a nice idea, the players who "set up" the Funeral should have known better.

But that certianly doesn't mean I condone what the "ambushers" did. They knew they would upset people and, moreso, disrespect a dead mans memory. That is just being a *expletive* for the sake of it, to look cool.

Well, I've learned one thing - I was right to steer clear of all the online RPG's, it's a pandoras box of egomaniacs.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh my, what a pure genius time to ambush. Take out the whole guild in one strike!

OWNED!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The video is too funny!

That is what I call commited gaming.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That's horrible. That's kinda mean...i would'nt post it online so everyone can watch it...jeez.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Although it does give a bad name to MMORPG's, I have to admit I thought it was pretty funny. Guess that makes me a bad person though.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe they were just role playing homicidal maniac killers?

there is RPG after that MMO after all.

ppl have gay ass weddings in those games too.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
weddings.

oh my freaking gawd!

what happened to them in the real world that made them want to be in the "Never Ending Story".

what happened to a few beers getting up to mischief?

glad I don't use MMORPG, think use should be classed as a psycological illness.

I imagine that some of the users on these games are you average guy with a few hours to kill so will play, but what of the die hard players?

The ones you read about playing for ridiculous hours a night and spending $100,000's of REAL money on adapting their fictitious environment.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

ppl have gay ass weddings in those games too.

Now I would LOVE to see an online Wedding like that ambushed, as it would be necesary to reduce the amount of cheese, absolutely necesary.

But if that guy who died had been a member of my family, I'd be looking to have geek brains on toast for pulling a stunt like this

Yes, I laughed....I laughed hard. And I hate them even more for that....swines

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thats why when i like to play a game i enjoy an fps

sometimes countah-strike - source

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I saw the video.

very funny. That bald guy is as loony as a pair of green corduroy flairs.. however I am sure I can relate :/

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
LOL! It is funny, in gaming terms, how ever the loss of the person is not. I'm sure he/she (the person who passed away) would be able to see the humourous side of it.

I'm glad I don't play MMORPGs though, I get addicted to games too easily!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That was one of the greatest moves in gaming history. I am overwhelmed by the genius of getting all your enemies at the same time. True, it's sad the bloke is dead, but they shouldn't have left themselves open to attack. That's why I never go to funerals.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
*Claps* That was a brillant move on the clans part , yea the guy is dead and thats sad and all but what a perfect oprtunity they had to kill all of them at ounce , i would of done the same thing and remeber its only a video game and nicely edited

PS - the person who died was a "she"

[edit on 8-4-2006 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How they die? Like the chinese kid who starve to death because he played for a week straight just crapping his pants and not eating?

Also, bravo! I wish I had been in their clan, all that bounty!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I got no respect for someone that dies while playing a video game because they haven't slept in 4 days.

1 less idiot in the world and several less idiots in WoW

:bash:

top topics

join