It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker ranch.... Skinwalkers? Bigfoot? Giant Wolves?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
theres a book out by an author named Norman Blackwater. his book used to be called " navajo witchcraft and other strange phenomenon" but was changed to someththing less evil sounding title. last i checked at waldens and barnes and noble they have it in the computer for order. its the only book he has out so all one need needs to do is look up the authors name and the book he's got out out will be there for ordering. this guy was on art bells show once like five six years ago. he and his wife are skinwalkers and in the book it talks about how it works and it also goes over navajo tradational beliefs and religion. its pretty easy understanding of how it explains the navajo traditional beliefs. in it it explains how they dont practice the magic no more and never used it for evil purposes. i read it at one sitting. as for hot spots i know on the navajo reservation theres a place called dilcon and teesto. its an area about 30 miles north of winslow arizona. theres also a place called black mesa arizona that also has pretty high activity. camp out at these places in the middle of the dessert and you are pretty much assured of an encounter
as for lack of photos you might just freeze up until the being leaves or disappears. some people also have tried taking pix of them but cameras wont cooperate that is either they would jam or just wont show up on photos. I've heard many stories of these skinwalkers it would prolly take all day posting just some of the many stories i heard. in almost every instance the person witnessing these being would just freeze up unable to talk or make a sound, so getting evidence would be pretty hard to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For everyone asking about the evidence NIDS gathered I have some bad news...

www.geocities.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
For many years I have been interested in the paranormal/crypto things. There have been many times in the past that I would read an interesting story here or there and see that NIDS was on the case. For some reason they had been contacted (I assume this, unless they read the same articles I did and just decided to "invite" themselves) to do the investigation.

Maybe I expect to much, but I almost always felt that after reading their input, they didn't try very hard.

With a name like the National Institute for Discovery Science you'd think these were the guys who were going to break the big story, lol, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'm not surprised to learn that they found nothing that could be documented for others to verify at the Skinwalker Ranch.

It's to bad NIDS went down the crapper. I think if it weren't for gross incompetence in their management they could have been at the forefront of their field by now.

Maybe they should send the TAPS guys in to investigate. I think I would likely believe their findings.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Honestly what is to become of the ranch now that NDIS is moving out? Will they sell it? I'd honestly like to buy it and move in.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lord_finesse420
Honestly what is to become of the ranch now that NDIS is moving out? Will they sell it? I'd honestly like to buy it and move in.

Good luck to you, particlarly if you get it, I wouldn't want to live there, unless I had a Predator UAV constantly flying round it. It's just a bit too weird, sure I'd like to go there, but not stay there for anything more than a week.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
One thing you can say about this whole story, even if it is fake (very likely) they sure know how to spin a yarn! Even if you don't believe it, it's very hard to not inquire deeper.

Some have said they hope it is real. Think about it, do you really hope these sorts of things are happening on a ranch in Utah? I know it's far enough away to make it cool. Well, if it were real I don't think it would be happening just on that ranch, so it may not be so far from you at all.

I read an in depth account on the unexplained mysteries forum from a woman living on a reservation that talks extensively about skinwalkers and how her family is being marked by them. Just to let you know, she says they are just men draped in animal skins but they do cause tragic things to happen.

All in all I am leaning heavily towards this whole ranch thing being a hoax. I have seen enough data to feel comfortable with that.

As some have said, it would make a very good movie though.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hmm... Now this is truely an impressive and interesting find.
I can't believe I haven't even heard of this before!

To me, most of this stuff may very well be legit. But when things like "Black jeeps driving in and out of wormholes" are mentioned...I find it very doubtful.

As many of you said, No photo's? No film? Not all of this phenomena would be invisible to camera's.
Also, one of the links says that cameras had been destroyed - a sign of intelligence.
So put two and two together...
Why would an intelligent being feel that it need's to destroy something that was "watching it's invisible movements"?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My organization ZONE has been investigating the claims of the family. We have found a manuscript from an isolated Texas library that stakes the claims of this family as well as others that this has happened in many places, one in Oklahoma (not far from my home) in which the cattle had been mutilated and their dog ate by a alleged cow skull...

Weird stuff!

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Potentate_Michael
My organization ZONE has been investigating the claims of the family. We have found a manuscript from an isolated Texas library that stakes the claims of this family as well as others that this has happened in many places, one in Oklahoma (not far from my home) in which the cattle had been mutilated and their dog ate by a alleged cow skull...

Weird stuff!

ok - i will bite . can you produce a copy / photograph the " manuscript " that you claim is evidence ?

the one whic you say you found that

a manuscript from an isolated Texas library that stakes the claims of this family as well as others that this has happened in many places

i do not mean to be rude -- but talk is cheap - doccuments can be studied / authenticated . and in extremis if you reveal which texan library holds it -- we can request a copy if provenence is disputed .

if your organization has investigated this with any dilligence , i expect you to have copies of relevant documents .

and would hope you would share them with ATS .

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite supernatural cases that I have found on the net.

anyone know if they have done any TV specials or anything?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting paracast interview with author George Knapp:

Oct 8 06 - Award-winning TV newscaster and UFO author George Knapp describes the weird paranormal events reported at the Skinwalker Ranch in Utah; explore strange creatures with cryptozoologist Loren Coleman; a brief comment from UFO author Robert M. Collins.

(date "Oct 8 06" is link for mp3)

theparacast.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain

Interesting paracast interview with author George Knapp:

(date "Oct 8 06" is link for mp3)

theparacast.com...

hey thanks for the link - but could you please provide an " executive summary " of what is said ?

PS - dial up users beware - the D/L is 40 megs

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Of course let me get the pages ready and I will scan them promptly (You werent meaning to be rude and I didnt take it that way, talk is cheap and I will get a copy as soon as possible)

PM

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I read that book. Its an interesting,if TOTALLY FICTIONAL!!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I read that book. Its an interesting,if TOTALLY FICTIONAL!!

Care to explain WHY you found it totally fictional... or should we just take your word on it?

Your post, as it stands, is just a 1-liner which really adds nothing to the discussion.
~~~~~~~~~
spelling edit

[edit on 28/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It certainly did resurect this thread, which I was looking for.

Seriously a while back I was like "wow, what a cool topic, but... I will see it latter probably", and then it became lost in the sands of time.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As I had posted in the beggining of this thread, I read the book as well.

The story (before I read the book) had promise. The tales spun were relatively believeable and the people seemed credible. It drew me in and I wanted to know more so I bought the book.

Then I read the book and realized what garbage it all is/was. A ploy to sell books is what is going on here.

All these "sightings" and mystical orbs and gigantic wolves and UFO's chasing people, and dimensional voids. Then a research group comes in to rescue this family from these "forces"

The group comes armed with more degrees than Kevin Bacon and more cameras than the Kodak Museum. And with all this paranormal activity taking place and all these cameras focused all around the ranch how many pictures did they get? A big FAT ZERO.

Nothing more than "eye-witness" reports from people whose motives are unclear. No video evidence of the mutilated cattle or the giant wolves that couldnt be killed with multiple gunshots. No pictures of dimensional voids that seemed to open more often than Brittney Spears' skirt. No UFO's, not even tracks from these animals or ANYTHING!

Just stories. Tall tales that cannot be substantiated at all. The investigators are either receiving part of the profits from this book or are as competent as the keystone cops. Now wonder they are no longer working as a "scientific" (cough) group.

Well, they got my $14 bucks, they sucked me in. Dont let them do the same to you.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by SwatMedic]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think Art Bell had a few shows about this place.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

I think you have to be a member to access any of those. Do we have anyway of getting some kind of reciprocal agreement between CtC and AtS such that members might get some kind of discount or even preferred access as part of a research grant or group?

Might be worth looking into. The people here probably know more than Noory about the paranormal and could be advisors and serve as experts.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Several years ago I read accounts of a family which purchased a ranch near or in Utah, with the intention of building a prime herd. They were subjected to numerous terrifying ordeals, cattle mutilations and loss of their dogs. They had been and were warned about skinwalkers and a legacy of evil on the land, but they persevered. On at least one occasion their bulls were discovered packed into a trailer 'like sardines' -- it was deemed an impossibility and had occurred in a short space of time, the work of entities unknown. I have a suspicion this family may have owned the ranch under discussion.

The family had sunk everything they owned into the ranch and lost a great deal. They have never, as far as I'm aware, attempted to profit from their experiences.

I'm reasonably sure the ranch was then purchased by NIDs. The information released by the researchers is no more fantastic really than the experiences related by the original family. Now, apparently, there's a book and some of those unfamiliar with the place's history are understandably sceptical about the claims, because NIDs haven't released photos or other concrete evidence despite the sophisticated technology employed by the researchers.

There are at least two factors to be considered though (1) NIDs may be a front for a government body, in which case they wouldn't consider releasing information to the public and (2) much paranormal phenomena (although seemingly 3-dimensional and 'there') cannot be photographed because we actually see and experience it whilst in an altered state; we see it with other than our physical senses.

This latter is possibly difficult for some to grasp because they're used to obtaining their information visually, via tv etc. They feel if something's is genuine and real, then there must be filmed or video evidence. But this is a materialistic view.

We are more than our physical body. Our experiences aren't always physical. Our spiritual experiences, for instance --- they can't be filmed or captured on video or via camera. Do we expect to be able to film God? Have people been able to film their astral or near-death experiences? No. Some of what we experience *appears* real and at the time we might believe we are hearing or seeing things in 3D, yet --- hard though it may be to accept --- we have not seen and heard with our physical eyes and ears. Instead, we've experienced through other, non-physical senses, our superconsciousness, if you like.

Many have seen or even heard ghosts or other non-physical entities. They may have appeared as solid and real as the living. Yet the person next to us may have seen and heard nothing at all. We don't have proof of what we've experienced. We don't have photos or film to 'prove it'. Yet we know the experience was as real as anything else that's happened to us.

In the same way, people (such as the researchers on the skinwalker ranch) know what they experienced and their memory of the event is as detailed as their provable experiences. But they can't offer you a photograph of it. Just as you can't show anyone a photograph of God or whomever you worship; just as you can't offer a photograph or film of your astral or out of body experience, etc. And even if the skinwalker-ranch researchers were to provide photos, they would be dismissed as fake.

So I think it has to be accepted that whether we like it or not, our little 3D world is far from being all that exists and not everything going on around us can be captured by our primitive technology, despite our belief that we're technologically advanced. But -- just because we can't photograph or film everything that goes on does not mean it's not happening.

It's understandable though that those who haven't experienced events similar to those on the skinwalker ranch should be sceptical or downright dismissive, in the same way that natives who live in primitive villages in the Amazon would be sceptical about the way we live, the foods we eat, our vehicles and consumer goods, etc.

Personally, I suspect the skinwalker researchers would have been required (one way or another) to hand over their findings and whatever physical evidence they'd managed to amass, also to sign confidentiality agreements. The book would most likely be nothing more than a sop to appease those in the public who'd been following the case. And it may be that the book was deliberately designed to arouse scepticism, in order people would give up in disgust on the skinwalker ranch and move onto something else.

Places similar to skinwalker ranch exist. I know a house that sits in the middle of a very pleasant suburban street that is the equivalent of a paranormal zoo. The house isn't very old and looks quite ordinary. We lived in it for approx. 6 years and during that time experienced events that could be described as both cryptozoological and paranormal --- and frightening. Two of the people who lived there before us were found dead in broad daylight, on a hot sunny beach, people around. Case still open after more than 20 years. The police exhausted all avenues. No suspects, no motives, no witnesses. Just two dead bodies and their dog sitting next to them when they died -- but didn't start barking until later.

Whether the couple were victim of the entities that infested the house or whether their deaths were just a coincidence, is impossible to say. But that house was a 'window' or portal and the affected area extended along the street.

Experiencing non-human or discarnate entities seems fascinating from afar but such experiences are not always to be sought, for once you've experienced something truly terrifying, it becomes part of your life, part of your memories. It's not a movie. It changes your life for ever. 'Reality' is never the same for you again. You have to live with the knowledge that life is not as it seems. It is not as safe or cosy or as under your control as you once took for granted. It is a zoo. And once you've experienced it, you realise there are no bars or walls to keep you safe. The things you fear are all around you and they have the advantage. All worth considering before you cross that line, because once crossed, you can never go back. You'll be different and not necessarily happier.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Many have seen or even heard ghosts or other non-physical entities. They may have appeared as solid and real as the living. Yet the person next to us may have seen and heard nothing at all. We don't have proof of what we've experienced. We don't have photos or film to 'prove it'. Yet we know the experience was as real as anything else that's happened to us.

If you use these line of thought as a basis for "proof" than virtually anything can be proved. You can just simply state "I claim I saw this" yet have nothing to validate what you saw except your own claim and words.

Im not being disrespectful here but this theory is also the basis for mental ilness.

Delusions, hallucinations, hearing voices, seeing visions....all these are signs of mental illness and are not to be joked about but should be investigated.

If we use your theories then that opens the door for anyone to claim anything and everyone else has to believe it becasue it happened in someones mind or "other consciousness"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join