It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker ranch.... Skinwalkers? Bigfoot? Giant Wolves?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just caught up on this story. My apologies if it has been posted before.
It seems that this part of Utah is some sort of gateway to other dimensions, according to the reports. This story is a very good read. Reports of UFO's, Bigfoot, glowing orbs of light, giant humanoids & even werewolves. I would love to live on that ranch for a while.

www.klas-tv.com...

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I literally just purchased a copy of the book. I was searching haphazardly for some Cryptozoology books when I saw the word Skinwalker on the spine and grabbed it.

Woohoo! Hopefully it’s as intriguing as it sounds.

And, yeah, I would like to spend sometime on that ranch, too.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've been looking into it also. Apparently they even saw portals open up and at one point a portal opened and a black figure squeezed thru and ran off into the night. The portal then disappeared. This was seen by a large group of investigators. It was said that another portal was seen many times in the night sky. A perfect orange circle with a hole in the middle showing blue sky. Objects were observed coming in and out of this whole. The orange circle was said to be flat.

Lots of other weird stuff there too. Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow, yes, it does sound intresting.

vaporized by apparently intelligently guided, flying blue orbs

Ohh, cool. This is the first I've heard about it. Is there video evidence?

But . . . dammit, the name 'skinwalker' gives me the shivers . . .

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The investigators had tons of equipment and filmed many occurances but upon playback, nothing to show.

Some occurances had in excess of 60 witnesses(crew) though.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want to find out more but I can't click the links. I read a story about Skinwalkers and I almost passed out in fear.
I'll do it tomorrow, when the suns out, and the house isn't empty.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Long time reader,first post.

I found this interesting. An interesting read,but it also reminds me of a lot of things I have seen, and heard about in the area which I live.Which is close to Sand Mountain,Alabama for those of you who remember the cattle mutilations on national T.V.

TantricWolf,could you possibly give us a link to the book you mentioned?

Good to hear that the ranch is "off limits" to visitors. The term "skinwalker" itself is intriguing to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
way cool place.... though something tells me the incidents didn't go underground.
the "incidents" got control of who ever was working on the ranch and they now own it.
that's why they don't want people coming round cos then they have to put on their skin and tell them to go away.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razmijix

TantricWolf,could you possibly give us a link to the book you mentioned?

Here ya go...

www.huntfortheskinwalker.com...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by TantricWolf]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Whoa!

Very cool find

I had never heard of this but in the future i will definatly be keeping an eye out for skinwalker ranch. One of those stories co complicated that it's believable.

Spooky!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a quick google found me this.

www.geocities.com...

in the first link posted by jonSUN

Native Americans who live near the property advise members to steer clear because, they say, this is the path of the skinwalker, an evil force.

Perhaps the local natives have been using their magic to scare people off land they want. Like it just seems two much of a coincidence now.
A man on a horse from 400ft wielding a fiery stick at night would look like a glowing red orb scattering cattle.

Some of this Navajo Magic can be matched with the events that occured over those years. Also explains why its died down since the spooks got involved.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by spearhead]

[edit on 1-5-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
ok - I got to put my skeptic beanie on here , and ask is there ANY verifiable evidence for any of the fantastic events described here ???

a few of the vague and maddeningly elusive claims made , include :

The phenomena are not just localized on the ranch, but are a part of a 50 year history of unusual sightings in the area. The local Ute tribe says the ranch is on the "Path of the Skinwalker" and have 15 generations worth of oral history legends about the property.

and this rich history can be found where ??? the book that accompanies the claims apparently – makes heavy use of the “ links “

Correspondingly, the book is padded with extraneous lore on masonic societies, Indian curses, Bigfoot sightings, and a history of unidentified flying objects. Hunt for the Skinwalker doesn't attempt to prove that Bigfoot and extraterrestrial craft exist among us; it comfortably begins with the presumption that they already do.

But at least my cursory search for 3rd part reference material on the massive phenomenon that apparently blights this remote corner of Utah , draws a sickening blank

Sure – there are a lot of sites that describe the “ fabled skin walker ranch “ – but it’s a seamless circle jerk – each feeding of the other , with no mew material being offered , and each site using the last as a citation for its “ facts “ , and so on .

All the sites and books , make huge appeals to authority , quoting NIDS as the be all and end all authority on such matters , able to bring their “ vast “ expertise and resources to bear .

In 1995, the ranch came to the attention of NIDS, the National Institute for Discovery Science based in Las Vegas. NIDS bought the property and began an unprecedented scientific study. Observation posts were built. Video cameras were installed and operated. Scientific personnel and former lawmen were on the property 24-7 for 8 straight years. Dr. Colm Kelleher headed up the NIDS study.

That the heck did they do for 8 years , This “ scientific study was certainly unprecedented , if only for its singular failure to produce ANY evidence

Just who are the “ fabled NIDS “ anyway , they have a flashy website , but it doesn’t actually offer any evidence , infact it is almost devoid of any useful material , esp. biographies of its “ scientists “

NIDS seems very god at drawing conclusions , alas its evidence collection skills seem to have suffered , in 8 years they have released NOTHING worthy of note

Even their book is devoid of photography , or even any scientific recording and logs of the events that allegedly occurred ,

Considering that Kelleher is supposed to be present as a research scientist, it's amazing how often he both relies upon and reports personal testimony like "Suddenly, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A chill ran down my spine. Something was close by and watching me" or "When I first set foot on the ranch I had an unmistakable feeling that something was not quite right. Things were not what they seemed." Obviously, however instinctively sound such intuitive responses may have been at the moment, they are utterly useless as evidence, especially since the ranch was well known to be "haunted" by the time the NIDS staff arrived, full of anticipation and ready to encounter manifestations of the supernatural.

At the risk of sounding sarcastic , was the NIDS team modeled on the project serpo “ scientists “ ?

They have lots of ` feelings ` and are in touch with their inner selves – at the expense of any physical science

The reasons for the lack of evidence and documentation are maddeningly vague and contradictory even – they claim on the one hand that there is a “ media black out “ , but they are are granting media interview – and publishing books . Are they courting publicity , or shunning it ???

No one who has studied this can say with any certainty what's going on here. The NIDS researchers are not making any claims about E.T.s or ghosts or Skinwalkers. They are merely collecting data and trying to make some sense of it. That is small comfort to me as I sit in the darkness on my little plastic chair, waiting for something to happen. The mind certainly can play tricks in such an environment, but could so many witnesses be completely wrong?

Do they really need us to answer that one ?? their alleged data remains hidden from view for the most spurious reasons . and they are seemingly incapable of turning a little basic psychology on the vexing problem of why a man sat in the dark in a plastic chair in the middle of a ranch he has been told is haunted will see strange things in the gloom

and finally the doozie :

Warning to paranormal enthusiasts: Do not travel to the ranch. You are not welcome there. It is private property and the people who live on or near it don't want to be hassled by curiosity seekers or the media. What's more, the level of unexplained phenomena has taken a steady nosedive over the past several months, so chances are you wouldn't see anything even if you could get on the property.

ROFLMAO - that’s the biggest cop out I have read in a while , we don’t want any attention , move along nothing to see , but before you go , please buy our book

BTW – I thought that NIDS owned it now , so just who lives there , and what are they doing ?

Like all good scams – this one contains a “ buy our book “ hook , alas if you buy into the hype and purchase the book - things don’t seem to get any better , despite the " impressive " resources and " credentials of the " mighty " NIDS team - it seems they didn’t manage to take a single photograph of any value

And they don’t want any help either :

NIDS still owns the ranch, but it appears the phenomena have gone underground, as if weary of being hunted. As yet, the mystery of Skinwalker Ranch remains unsolved. Kelleher said, "If anything, it has created more questions that I had when I came into this thing."
The ranch remains off limits to outsiders. Visitors -- from this world anyway -- are not welcome.

What are they hiding ? apart from their lack of scientific rigour ?

Why cann they not even offer the evidence of the aftermath of these ` events ` - or even better footage of things happening with zero visible cause ?

The bottom line , IMHO is that talk is cheap , its when you actually have to attempt to produce evidence that things get complex

The NIDS team offer various hand waving cop outs as to why they cannot produce any documentation , These range from the sublime to the ridiculous -

Dr. Colm Kelleher said, "We probably have, if you count all the pre-NIDS and post-NIDS incidents, close to 100 different incidents. If you look at all of them, the one thing that jumps out is how unreproducible they are."

Not only un reproducible , but also un documentable

Lastly – I would like to see a pre 1994 reference to the ` 100s of weird events ` that they say plagued this area

PS - I realise that there is a lot of external material - but it is from 5 different web pages on 3 sites , and IMHO all pertinent

In conclusion – as I read in a sig , “ extra ordinary claims require at least some evidence “ , skin walker ranch , IMHO has none .

APE OUT

edited for typo errors - as proof read by zaphod58

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Although I find it very intriuging, I don't really know what to make of it. It's a great read and the whole thing seemingly has come out of nowhere.

I just can't imagine a family just deciding one day to buy a ranch and then start the whole ball of wax rolling. Some of the accounts, real or not, do raise the hairs on the back of my neck.

Although I don't bite on this hook, line, and sinker, I am trying to keep an open mind. The key in my estimation are the portals they claim to have seen.

Anyway, if it is a big hoax then give it plenty of rope and it will hang itself.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have to been to Window Rock, Arizona (Navajo Reservation) twice in the past three years for a missions trip with my church. Each time there was about 10 of us. The first time I went we heard stories about these weird people who wear animal skins and are demon posessed

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You're in america, right?

Why not combine skinwalker-tracking with that all-american .308 assault-rifle plinking... That's what I would do.

I recommend the H&K G3 series. (semi-auto is just as good.) Never fails.
But bring backup weapons and backup people.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The way i see it, As long as they dont pop up in my yard and mess with me, ill be fine,lol. I would stay far away from that ranch, pretty freaky, unless i had an army with me

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok, just being fair to be fair - I read about all this years before this book came out. So if it's all just a ploy for a book deal, they spent ten years setting it up, and at least $200,000 which is what the purchase of the ranch cost Robert Bigalow.

George Knapp is a reporter for the Las Vegas Mercury, and did a series of articles about the Ranch back in 2002.

But even before that I read about the millionaire who bought the UFO ranch in utah. Here's an article from 1996 from a Las Vegas newspaper.

www.lasvegassun.com...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Not completely true... Skinwalkers dot have some mystical powers or anything.
Most often when a skinwalker is acting as an animal the reason you know its not or any other animal is because they wear the furs like clothes without chopping it out as clothes.. like pants would be and animals legs

Just my little contribution

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow, i would love to visit that ranch in the near futur. Too bad its off limits. If this story is true then we might have an incredible find, not just for us, but for all of humanity. I'll keep my eye out for any interesting facts concerning ''Skinwalker Ranch'' thank you for a good find!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There is even a page on wikipedia about this. Also, the "Skinwalker" was originally the name given to a shaman who wore coyote skin.

Anyway, very, very weird:

en.wikipedia.org...

This was also in UFO magazine in early 2003.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join