It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker ranch.... Skinwalkers? Bigfoot? Giant Wolves?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I enjoyed the book. I only paid five bucks on half.com for a copy too. If the story is from mental illness, then it must be mass psychosis. Some 60 people spent time on the ranch. Personally, I have come to respect George Knapp and if he endorses the story, I am willing to give him some latitude. Real or not, it was a great story for five bucks.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

If the story is from mental illness, then it must be mass psychosis. Some 60 people spent time on the ranch. Personally, I have come to respect George Knapp and if he endorses the story, I am willing to give him some latitude. Real or not, it was a great story for five bucks.

I too endorse George Knapp and my first post in this thread (from a couple of months ago) reaffirms that. I didnt say this story came about as a result of mental illness. I did speak of that one posters comment about his theories as having the same basis as mental illness.

Yeah, a great story but it should be in the Fiction section of the book store.
I bought it as a documentary type book that was going to give me some bit of proof and data to back up all the wild claims. It did none of these things.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I know a house that sits in the middle of a very pleasant suburban street that is the equivalent of a paranormal zoo. The house isn't very old and looks quite ordinary. We lived in it for approx. 6 years and during that time experienced events that could be described as both cryptozoological and paranormal --- and frightening. Two of the people who lived there before us were found dead in broad daylight, on a hot sunny beach, people around. Case still open after more than 20 years. The police exhausted all avenues. No suspects, no motives, no witnesses. Just two dead bodies and their dog sitting next to them when they died -- but didn't start barking until later.

Can you link me to the stories regarding their deaths or the investigating police dept? Can you disclose where this house of paranormal zoo activity is? I'd bet that the case has been re-opened from time to time and that media has reported on it locally in the area.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Alright,

releasing a book ten years after beginning a study that cost NIDS or the investor a lot of money could possibly be to help them to fund further reasearch with 'Paranormal Happenings, Cow mutilations, Strange creatures coming from portals in the sky' happening less and less in a 'steady nosedive' as it is said.
do you really think they spent that much money to fund it just to make a book, that would obviously not sell very well? No, they did it to continue research.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I must go to this place! Its only about 3 hours away from me and I have read a lot about it. Unfortunately I have not found a way to locate where I should stay. Either way someday I'll head out there and see what happens. Very Very interesting!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was raised in roosevelt, Utah just miles from fort duchesnese.... this ranch has been kept under wraps for a long time. Even being raised in the uintas you barely heard talk of this ranch. From what i know the ute indians consider it unholy ground.. but it is not only this ranch the whole area of duchesnese county is very "strange" i guess you could say or spiritual.. I saw many things when i was younger all over between duchesnese, roosevelt, vernal and all surrounding areas that i could not explain. I was out there just this weekend visiting family and very few people would even carry a conversation on the ranch with me....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
I just caught up on this story. My apologies if it has been posted before.
It seems that this part of Utah is some sort of gateway to other dimensions, according to the reports. This story is a very good read. Reports of UFO's, Bigfoot, glowing orbs of light, giant humanoids & even werewolves. I would love to live on that ranch for a while.

Hi jonSUN, here are quite some pages from the book “Hunt for the Skinwalker” and a three part article from George Knapp about it.

Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch ... Door Colm A. Kelleher,George Knapp

Book found here.

Three part very interesting article from George Knapp called "Path of the Skinwalker".

PART 1
THE STRANGEST PLACE ON EARTH?

www.aliendave.com...

PART 2

www.aliendave.com...

PART 3

www.aliendave.com...

Here at ATS are two very interesting interviews about the area with Johnny and Dave with as guest Colm Kelleher.

Colm Kelleher is a research scientist and author. He received his PhD in biochemistry at Trinity College, Dublin and has 21 years of experience in the field of cell and molecular biology. In addition he was an administrator for a Nevada aerospace company, Space Sciences Inc., and was also Deputy Administrator of the NIDS, where he led the investigation at Skinwalker Ranch. He currently works in the biotechnology sector.

He has published 38 peer-reviewed scientific papers (in molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry and virology) as well as a number of articles in magazines such as OMNI and two books: Brain Trust (2004) and, with George Knapp, Hunt for the Skinwalker (2005).

Source; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Colm Kelleher, Part 1 Hunt for the Skinwalker starting at 0:23:00

A rare interview with former NID's Director Colm Kelleher explaining the strange and weird events with the infamous Utah Ranch.

Colm Kelleher, Part 2 Hunt for the Skinwalker starting at 0:19:00

In our 2nd interview with Colm Kelleher (former director of NIDS), we learn more about the 'strange doings' at a Utah ranch. Dr. Kelleher also answers many of the questions posed by ATS Members. The SkepticOverlord despite a bad tooth stops by to share some "hot topics" being read and posted on. Of course our international reporters supply us with a number of new UFO Sightings. We have a mystery guest step up on the SoapBox, and another mystery guest helps us open up the shows intro..

edit on 4/4/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join