It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Stealth 'Flying Boat' Successfully Tested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
FOX news report on the possible carrier of the Fajr-3, and Shkval supercavitatng torpedo.

www.foxnews.com...

If the stated abilities of the weapons and their new stealth carrier are factual, such capability will allow Iran to effectively create a barrier to US invasion of Iran (Middle East), do to US lack of countermeasures to such weapon systems.

ATS members are encouraged to contribute any information regarding this Ekranoplan platform, and by what means its stated stealth capability is achieved.

Could it be Russian cold plasma stealth generator?

For the discussion of how deployment of such weapons can effect the War on Terror, please visit my other thread at;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
First off..it is very small. Second looking at this picture sourced on one of the sights...the posters of this article obviously dont know much about frequency agile radars.

someone needs to think this through a bit more..this is bloviating..posturing....confetti.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I dont think this is a true flying boat..as much as it is a ground effect craft.

Orangetom

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
With that engine sticking out like that, it's SURE to be stealthy!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Due to its advanced design, no radar at sea or in the air can detect it. It can lift out of the water," the television said. It said the boat was "all Iranian-made and can launch missiles with precise targeting while moving."
The television showed the boat, looking like an aircraft, taking off from the sea and flying low over the surface of the water. It said the craft can fly with a speed of 100 nautical miles per hour.
AP Writer Ali Akbar Dareini

115 mph / 185 kph? I bet they hope for no headwinds….

Disregarding all the obvious other Iranian attempts to display muscle, this one causes me to recall the days of the Kamikaze under Admiral Toyoda. However, Mitsubishi produced and manufactured a far superior airframe product over sixty years ago for the task.

Correct me if I am wrong, but an Ekranoplan requires the wings of the vessel to be in close proximity to the water for added lift. The vehicle as depicted in the photograph appears to be what the article states; a classic “flying boat” with a turbo prop centered on top the fuselage not unlike many kit planes available in today's commercial markets.

mg

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is this anything like Saddam's UAV's that were supposed to reign anthrax upon the US?

I mean, propaganda from FOXNEWS to make Iran seem scarier?

Iran is pretty scary as it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
US media scares me far more than Iran.

Blatant posturing from Iran for domestic consumption in the face of US aggression. Repeated and amplified by a corrupt media to increase the 'threat' from Iran for the gullible.

Perhaps the US public deserves the media it gets?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The US public deserves this media??? You guys are breaking my heart. I already feel as though I am ice skating up hill. You guys aren't helping the slope.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I find all these Iranian anouncement of their 'new' weaponry, absolutely hilarious. They seem to like to throw in the word super a hell of alot ie. super modern, super heavy. Sounds like they are talking to kids, maybe that's how they see their people, as children.

The Iranian WIG is a joke, it looks like it could barely take off with a decent sized missile. Kinda funny how stealth seems to be the new catchword over there, everthing seems to be stealth LMAO.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
the boat is capable of carrying its missile like the F-22 raptor does and poses a big thread especially with all the anti ship missiles we have and our missile Hoot ( VA-111 shkval)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
here I have a few close up pictures of the Iranian WIG craft:

My 2 cents: It borrows some stealth features of M-ATF fighter design, like larger wings, etc.

And here is the much-wanted video clip, check it out:

www.iribnews.ir...

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
the boat is capable of carrying its missile like the F-22 raptor does and poses a big thread especially with all the anti ship missiles we have and our missile Hoot ( VA-111 shkval)

I was wondering when you would chime in... So, as an "insider" could you care to explain how that vehicle has "stealth" capabilities?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Does the boat actually fly or does it just hover? It is kind of cool though, I wish I had one!! Imagine seeing that crusing down the lake next time your trying to water-ski or fish or something.
. It would freaky.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Where does it carry it's missles? They would have to be inside the craft to maintain it's stealth profile, right? They couldn't be bottom mounted and still lift-off effectively I would think.

Not to mention:

The goal of stealth technology is to make an airplane invisible to radar. There are two different ways to create invisibility:

* The airplane can be shaped so that any radar signals it reflects are reflected away from the radar equipment.
* The airplane can be covered in materials that absorb radar signals.

Most conventional aircraft have a rounded shape. This shape makes them aerodynamic, but it also creates a very efficient radar reflector. The round shape means that no matter where the radar signal hits the plane, some of the signal gets reflected back.

A stealth aircraft, on the other hand, is made up of completely flat surfaces and very sharp edges. When a radar signal hits a stealth plane, the signal reflects away at an angle.

people.howstuffworks.com...

The big engine sticking out the top seems like it would reflect radar back fairly easily in one direction or the other. The propeller would be an issue too.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Shkval 'shoot straight' torpedos, "stealth" ballistic missiles with no heat reduction, a "stealthy" propeller based, sea skimming waterplane with a WWII weapon deployment hatch, and a 1500 fast speed boat force that reminded one NATO Admiral of a 1991 Iraqi Armor Division on the open sea.

Admittedly, I am incredibly impressed with the creativity of Iran's military leadership, I just hope it doesn't lead to overconfidence in capability.

Can someone explain to me this Middle Eastern practice of chest thumping military stuffs? Saddam Hussain used to fist pump his scud missile, 4th largest army, and infantry ready to fight the mother of all battles.

But when it was all said and done, Iraq fell to 3 divisions, 3 regiments, and 2 brigades.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Is it just me, or has any one else noticed that iran is realesing information on a lot of there new "weapons of war." I think that they are bluffing a lot. And this "flying" boat looks ridiculous! It looks like those boats that you rent when you go to the lake. And that engine looks like its just nailed on! Its looks like its going to fall off! HA, Iran is a joke.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The big engine sticking out the top seems like it would reflect radar back fairly easily in one direction or the other. The propeller would be an issue too.

What incredible ingenious designers!..incorporating such “a big fan” to example the aerial radar evasion and stealth abilities of Iran and claiming such.

Originally posted by Mehran

LOL!…..not hardly.

mg

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Is it just me, or has any one else noticed that iran is realesing information on a lot of there new "weapons of war." I think that they are bluffing a lot. And this "flying" boat looks ridiculous! It looks like those boats that you rent when you go to the lake. And that engine looks like its just nailed on! Its looks like its going to fall off! HA, Iran is a joke.

I'd doubt it.
I believe Iran is preparing to fight this war guerilla style as much as possible.. They know conventionally its practically impossible to beat the US, these 'flying boats' can be quite effective when used in suicide attacks simply because of their speed.

Have a look at this video, it shows more of these ekranoplan lookalikes.. Iran has quite several of them.

Wargames Flurl

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats about as stealthy as a mac truck.

Is it just me, or can I find plans for that at the back of every Popular Mechanics for the last 30 years?

Basic ground effect aircraft 101.

Oh yes: The only ting even remotley stealthy about that is it "flies" low to the ground.

If this is Irans idea of a modern war asset I think I could take them them a Radio Flyer wagon and a cap gun....

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This craft willd efinetly have a huge rcs and i doubt plasma stealth will work around the water. Good for ambushing special forces and stuff in high spped ambushes. kind of reminds me of black hawk down with all those regular looking people shooting at the US troops. but anyways im skeptical about this system.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join