It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Stealth 'Flying Boat' Successfully Tested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More like Flash Gordon than a military test, it does not look stable at all.
More drivel from Fox i say. But Iran confirms the info, odd if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Links

I say leprechauns have bank accounts on the moon, and that's why Nixon liked lolly pops, and tattoos on a face cause the brain to itch, but then again it's just what I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Originally posted by The Links

I say leprechauns have bank accounts on the moon, and that's why Nixon liked lolly pops, and tattoos on a face cause the brain to itch, but then again it's just what I think.

Wow, Iran's new "stealth" toys are AMAZING. I just tested a stealth fart. Judging from the actions of my co-workers, the test was a failure. What will Iran think of next...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Alrighty Then

Please stay on topic and refrain from the sniping back and forth. It adds nothing to the debate at hand.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Alrighty Then

Please stay on topic and refrain from the sniping back and forth. It adds nothing to the debate at hand.

Thanks

You look mighty menacing with that avatar of yours

[edit on 6-4-2006 by motionknight]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I agree with FredT, let us all please restrain ourselves from rhetoric such as;

"I don't believe anything you say! Ha-Ha! Na nana! I'm always right and your not to infinity and back on you! Look, a bird pooped right on that guys hat! I win I win!",

and remain productively constructive. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
iskander, rhetoric is fine as long as it is on topic and within the Terms and Conditions of this site.

I do believe though that FredT specified what was the ongoing problem within this topic, clearly:

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
iskander, rhetoric is fine as long as it is on topic and within the Terms and Conditions of this site.

I do believe though that FredT specified what was the ongoing problem within this topic, clearly:

How does this add anything tangible to this topic?

It's baseless opinion, speculation and assumption, it adds nothing to the debate, thus my analogy of it;

Both statements share the same amount of relevance to the "debate at hand".

edit: incorrect exit quote, still can't correct.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by iskander]

[edit on 6-4-2006 by iskander]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How does this add anything tangible to this topic?

It's baseless opinion, speculation and assumption, it adds nothing to the debate, thus my analogy of it;

First, I would hazard a guess and say that "tangible" and "relevance" are relative terms.

Second, did not the member address the topic of this thread when he or she allegedly gave their "baseless opinion, speculation, and assumption"?

Thirdly, and most importantly, does not the member, who gave his on-topic "baseless opinion, speculation, and assumption," have the right to his or her opinion, be it as you proclaimed it to be or not?

Lastly, in comparison, was your response on-topic, when compared to that of the member you are lambasting for giving his or her "baseless opinion, speculation, and assumption"?

seekerof

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Seekerof this is not a philosophical debate, please feel free to raise such questions in an appropriate setting.

If you desire to educate your self on concepts such as opinion, speculation, and assumption, please feel free to visit this very informative sourse;

www.fallacyfiles.org...

As to this particular debate, please let us all stay on topic, as per FredTs request, a request which he made to be quite clear.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I found something rather relevant to contribute.

As defenseindustrydaily reports, Pentagon and DOD find the stealth ekranoplan concept worth investing in.

Small business qualifier Oregon Iron Works, Inc. in Clackamas, OR won a $25 million not-to-exceed, indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity Phase III Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program contract for Topic N04-044: "Airdroppable High Speed, Low Signature Craft." DID has covered the SBIR process before, and explained that Stage III is one step below full commercialization and procurement.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

IMHO it's the way to go.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Selam aleykum and Hi to all,

I think this last War Games in Iran have been presentation of technical platforms which Iran possess more then real treatment with military power. If you demonstrate to have for example guidance technology for one kind of missile, you therefore can built in such the technology in other similar types of weapons. As far as I see the aim of last maneuvers was to show the Iranian ability to invent weapons. I see much discussion about performances of the shown flying boat model. But, if you could built the shown model, you can build a scaled-up model with more advanced technical performances. For example, all people here speaks about that Skhval torpedo-rocket has short range (7 km) and because of this it is not serious threat for well protected ships. This is simply because the rocket has fuel enough for seven kilometers underwater. But what then prevents Iranians to make twice-bigger Skhval which will have 14 kilometers range? Still that will be small enough missile to be launched from ship. I say this because mainly ordinary people on the Internet forums make some good observation, like “engine is outside because of this..”, “this is bad things on it...”, etc. So do you believe that this flying boat is home-made work and that Iranian engineers and designers did not made much more serious observation of this boat, and that they simply failed to see what is bad on it, but “ordinary” people on web forums can easily see what they have not seen? Just remember that the are keeping F-14 fleet in the air for so long time with complete sanctions placed on it !?
If you get some good weapon platforms, you’ve got possibility to make incredible combinations of them. For example, simple GPS technology integrated in C802 missile gives you possibility for passive launching of it to predefined position. This means that if flying aircraft (maybe bigger then presented one) can take it and launch, that is no more 7 km for Skhval, than 120 (maybe). So if this flying boat is not “invisible” 20 km from battle group, it will be for sure invisible 50 km from them. I remember a photo which greatly impressed me. It was a picture of US soldier in Vietnam as taking a photo of Vietnam’s bunkers 70 km far from him. They did that from some mountain, just like satellite photography. I am sure with better telescope and some electronic hints you could visually find military ships in narrow Persian sea. Enough to find the coordinates, transform them in GPS coordinates and send them to flying boat, or any other vessel (even simple fisher boat) which can launch C801/802 or whatever to that predetermined position. It is known that in the last part of flight the use active homage. So is it boat invisible in this option? Don’t the Iranians demonstrated launching from the vehicle which was medium civilian-colored truck?
I really hope there will be no war there because I saw what the war is and that is not a video game. Speaking about weapons like interesting and amazing technical thinks is good, but when you loose somebody from your family that stop to be interesting.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why would you create such a thing if i were on a warship I wouldn even need a gun to shot that thing Ill fire a anti misslile at that or better throw a granade at that it is a odd design I believe the designer behind this thought he could copy the Cessna propeller sea airliner. that flaying boat sounds like a flying duck that is eventually will get shot down.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Interseptor]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
«Why would you create such a thing?»

Good question. I suppose they want to make a wide wafter of treats which will go from heavy missile force to roadside bombs. They learn from Iraq war and they for sure know that their military power can be easily overwhelmed if they orient to classical weapon systems. For example, if Sadam knew about this result of intervention he would probably make many hidden cashes of high-tech infantry weapons, many well equipped small hideouts with food and medicines, many unknown small commando-type units (3-12 man), etc. He would hide multi-barrel rocket launchers, anti-armor, anti-aircraft missiles. He would create dispersive treat and he would let Coalition forces come in Iraq. But, he did not do this. He confided in Republican Guard and classical forces which doctrine is well known and which weapon is huge and easily detectable. And he lost the war. I suppose Iranians saw this and they want to play on different card. They will hide their nuclear capacities, and probably let US destroy what is now known. They will retaliate to some military targets, but that will not be anything spectacular. They will created parallel defenses what will end with hidden defense forces as a real treat for ground invaders (see Iraq). So they will say, “o.k. our nuclear program is now destroyed”, “we don’t want to speak with International community any more”, etc. Their nuclear program will go uninterrupted at hidden underground locations, they will get few years of time to finish A-Bomb. They will save their strategic arsenal and at the end they will declare as nuclear power. People of Iran will be against the West and they will accept nuclear weapon as a means of their protection.

These “funny” and “exotic” weapons are really not the treat to US in the Gulf. But during the time of war. What do you think if Sadam had flying boat, hidden it somewhere near Tigris or some lake that nobody except few persons know about it, and now some insurgents fly it and launch cruise missile at some military barrack? Silkworm has 500 kg warhead. Is this treat? If you have GPS guided missile, if you hide it at some place with mobile launcher, if you program it to some well known position, if you fill it with poison gas, if you are defeated army and country, already occupied, who would you punish then? I think if you are occupation forces, who will be country which you will punish? You already defeated it? O.k., you will kill insurgents, but what then? What will be price of that? Iran want to say that they created this kind of defense.

I will say you how former JNA (Yugoslav National Army) defeated Bosnian Croat forces at huge strategic Glamoc field. Before the war started they organized “military exercise” there. Since this is huge field it is very appropriate for exercise of tanks units. Normally no of civilians had access to that area. But, JNA secretly dig underground hideouts for tanks. One tank, one hideout. The covered them with wood, than earth, than grass, and you could walk on them and not to see them. In fact, nobody seen them. The exercise finished and off course, nobody counted tanks which have been involved in it. But we did not know that they plan the war. After the war started, Croats took that strategic since the area is mostly inhabited with their population filed. But after some time JNA (then already transformed to Serb forces) secretly sent tank’s crews. When the attack started that was complete surprise and they easily took Glamoch. I was reading that at Kosovo, the found some years ago that one Albanian man hidden German WW II tank in a stall. Almost 40 years. Sadam was not smart to do this kind of thinks, but I think Iranians play on this card exactly and they want to show that with these “bizarre” weapons. They probably put some C801/802 in containers and they are cruising World oceans. Maybe this flying boat is already in some container on its traveling “for the case...”. They play on the card of “madness” and the West know that.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I find all these Iranian anouncement of their 'new' weaponry, absolutely hilarious. They seem to like to throw in the word super a hell of alot ie. super modern, super heavy. Sounds like they are talking to kids, maybe that's how they see their people, as children.

The Iranian WIG is a joke, it looks like it could barely take off with a decent sized missile. Kinda funny how stealth seems to be the new catchword over there, everthing seems to be stealth LMAO.

Are you a weapons or aircraft expert? Do you know ANYTHING about ekranoplanes at all? Or stealth?

The USA is getting shaky on the prospect of attacking Iran. Why do you think they suddenly changed their plans from a full scale invasion, to nuclear strikes with stealth planes and nuclear missiles? They know what's up, so they can't even do THAT, because China and Russia won't allow it, and there will be hell to pay afterwards if they attack.
Nobody knows even half of what is being developed around the world, and especially in Asia and Russia. They are learning what it means to have expensive weapons that are high-tech. It's not a monopoly on technology anymore. And what works in america, doesn't work as well in other parts of the world. So expect to see some robust and deadly high-tech weapons manufactured in the east and put to good use by Iran and Russia, if you pick a fight. Americans can't even figure out how to make cars go around corners properly. Your puppet masters have done a great job. I haven't met a single american who was not imported to america, who could imagine how something works just by looking at it in a picture. Good thing that "DREAD" thing was nothing but a hoax also, because if it had been a real classified weapon, you'd be not very happy to know that I figured out how it worked, and ALL of its parts, just by looking at the outside of it in a picture, and deducting, and 10 minutes later I knew more about it than even the "inventor". There's something called "know your enemy", it was invented in the east... You people could start by figuring out how to keep YOUR enemies from knowing everything about you, since you are incapable of learning anything about your adversarys or their capabilities.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Heres my observation.

Why is Iran showing us nifty pictures of all their new stealth weaponry like this flying boat? I mean if these are your new weapons when you risk going to war with the united states, wouldn't you want to keep them secret and out of the public eye? I believe this is just an propaganda act to get the American population to not want war with Iran, either that or Irans intellegence agency isnt that great

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frost2k6
Heres my observation.

Why is Iran showing us nifty pictures of all their new stealth weaponry like this flying boat? I mean if these are your new weapons when you risk going to war with the united states, wouldn't you want to keep them secret and out of the public eye? I believe this is just an propaganda act to get the American population to not want war with Iran, either that or Irans intellegence agency isnt that great

It's so that you can show us that you know absolutely nothing about warfare of any kind, and make yourself look less bright online.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Iran has had significant growth in weapons manufacturing. Ever since the 8 year war between iran and iraq, the iranians learned that the only way to stand against any invadors is to rely on their own technology. This is not to say that this flying boat is a piece of art. No its not and I dont think at the scale that its being produced and considering the size of the unit its a very practical weapon. But these are all what we (THE GENERAL PUBLIC)
is shown, We do not know the truth and we do not know whats going on behind closed doors.
I mean if the americans and the british really wanted a change in the iranian regime they can do it. Just how they got rid of the SHAH by bringing KHOMEINI as an Icon of freedom, they can easily train and support somebody or an organization outside of Iran and encourage the Iranian population to uprise against the government especially in a time when almost 90% of the iranian people are unhappy with the government.
So why are we still facing the problems that we are??
well, As long as there is instability in the middle east no country in the region will be a significant political nor military power in the world.
this would ensure that the middle eastern countries would always rely on their oil as a source of income and they simply do not get the advantage that a free global policy would offer. This means that stronger nations will have full control over the policies of these countries and control their economy.
the other reason for this instability is what a lot of people neglet to see.
DEVELOPING, MANUFACTURING and SELLING weapons.
There are huge coorporations behind the wepon industry and they feed of war and whats a better region than the middle east to sell these weapons?
With all the war propeganda regarding iran the other neighbours are now very worried about their safety and have placed big orders for advanced military weapons from the super powers.
Now back to the flying Boat:
I have read all the posts that people have put on the site especially the one that talks in details about the charactiristics of such weapons by a user that I can not remember his ID but he gives very technical description of the flying boat.
Do I think this weapon works?
Does it matter?
No it doesnt. at the end of the day thses are not weapons from and country against another country. These are weapons of the coorporate world agains the ordinary people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join