It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine To Talk To The Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't know if any else has heard of this. But I'll continue...

I remember a while back reading about Thomas Edison supposeably made a machine to communicate with the dead. I remember hearing a lot about other famous scientists working with him on the project. I also remember that he worked on this late in life and never supposably finished it. But one of the scientists that helped him with it later after edisons death got it working.

I don't remember much but the whole thing really fasinates me. Does anyone else out there recall such a thing and if they do I hope they can manage to put up some cool links if there are any...

"believe in nothing you hear, and half of what you see." - Quote

[edit on 27-3-2006 by croaker013]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
from www.nps.gov...

"Did Edison make a machine that could talk to the dead?

This seems to be another tall tale that Edison pulled on a reporter. In 1920 Edison told the reporter, B.F. Forbes, that he was working on a machine that could make contact with the spirits of the dead. Newspapers all over the world picked up this story. After a few years, Edison admitted that he had made the whole thing up."

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
the machine they use to "talk to the dead" could be called EVP i think.
that's the closest they will ever come to talking to the dead.

unless of course......... THE DEAD WALK!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Spiricom from memory have 'successfully' communicated with the dead and have recordings for 'proof'. It's kinda scary listening to it, lemme find some on google...

www.worlditc.org...

There we go.

- Nazgarn

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
before anyone tries to use EVP please watch the movie "White Noise" and imagine the worst could happen... then think again about communicating with demons who pretend to be departed loved ones..

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phiniks
before anyone tries to use EVP please watch the movie "White Noise" and imagine the worst could happen...

I bet a million dollars that Hollywood hyp'd everything up to make money.

That can not happen to you, EVP's are no harm unless you are scared of listening to someones voice who isnt there in the 1st place.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

before anyone tries to use EVP please watch the movie "White Noise" and imagine the worst could happen...

I bet a million dollars that Hollywood hyp'd everything up to make money.

That can not happen to you, EVP's are no harm unless you are scared of listening to someones voice who isnt there in the 1st place.

If they are not there,then why is there a voice?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Isn't there a movie about this? I forgot if it's a guy (I'm thinking Harrison Ford), or else Jodie Foster. Not contact, it was about some guy messing around with a radio and he contacted his dead dad or something. I never saw it so I dunno. I didn't think it was called "White Noise" though, that was more of a horror movie wasnt it?

I've heard lots of people use runes to talk to various paranormal things through random generation. It's sort of like a spiritual "Boggle" game. My friend and I made a small program that randomly generates a string of letters like this. Sometimes it can give pretty cool results. People say this is more "Talking to God" than to the deceased. If it is influenced by anyone at all.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Using EVP helps people to contact the dead easily, but the down-side is that it may stop some people from practising their medium abilities. EVP has also predicted the future, I remember reading that in the Paranormal magazine.

But back to the machine, maybe Edison only told the media that it was a joke because he thought he would be ridiculed, or other people told him to keep quiet. His machine may have been........the voice recorder!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The movie starred Dennis Quaid and was called Frequency. It had to do with contacting his dad thru a radio and changing the past. I don't think
his dad was dead at the time. Quaid communicated with his father thru
a frequency on the radio. Good movie.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Uhm... Dennis Quaid was the father in that movie. Jim Caviesel was the son who contacted him.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
While there seems to be many ways to contact or record the dead many "practical" scientitst it seems have never really documented too much on these things.

In my experiences i have heard some really strange things and seen a few too.As far as connecting with the dead on a medium it is somewhat hard and largely faked.

Many say that when dealing with the world of the dead it is very different from anything we really know.Many old school "witches" would practice quite unorthodox methods to try to communicate with these things.Usualy we find experiences happening with former family members where the people connect with their loved ones before they are sent back into the loop or whatever "heaven",the eternal soul,perhaps just energy whatever.

Now supposedly things happen sometimes and the spirit or energy persona of the person is suddenly separated from the body.Or perhaps if the mind goes into shock or soul cant leave yet.Whatever they seem to be stuck here or just here for a reason.This is where we have the more strange sometimes violent or mysterious phenomena.

Now to stay on topic a bit here.It seems it is far easier getting a reaction from an entity with the human spirit then the recording of a machine.Some say that perhaps the two kinds of communication,evp and just through human contact are two different phenomena's from different types of ghosts or whatever.

On another hand not all ghosts can communicate with the living,while some seem to interact on high levels with people others seem to not even know they are there or dead even,within their own little exsistence they seem to dwell.

As someone said talking to the dead could be quite strange,while i am not going to say much because i don't even know how to say it.The levels of
hmmmm,i dunno the levels of life and understanding of not understanding life and what we think we are or are part of or whatever you must go through to be at the point where the dead will talk to you or you can feel the dead about you,cause they are there all the stains and glories of horrible human exsistence are there,its what lurks in the dark its what you feel in the light of day the flow and withdrawl,do not focis on the way things live but how they die and why. to try to understand these things will drive you insane.

All of this is trivial and not fact I don't really claim it to be either.
Scarecrow.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Spiricom from memory have 'successfully' communicated with the dead and have recordings for 'proof'. It's kinda scary listening to it, lemme find some on google...

www.worlditc.org...

There we go.

- Nazgarn

You know, the whole spiricom research was really interesting. I really want to see some more scientific investigation on the subject. Maybe some of us at ATS can try to make one ourselves, see what we come up with.

Any researchers alive today?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What I really want to know is if Edison really did make a machine to do this.

I did a little more research since i first posted this thread and here's what I came up with:

Edison actually was infact involved with creating a machine to communicate with the dead. This is from the website I remembered reading it from and I think everyone who was orginially interested in this topic should check out this link. It's extremely interesting. I just now found this link again, but this link was the whole reason for this topic. Im just curious to further info on the subject.

www.prairieghosts.com...

Also, I read above about linking the idea's the great machine that i was speaking of with EVP's. I was thinking that these two idea's are of two different apparatises all together. The great machine edison created, and EVP's being apart of electronic phenomina.

"Believe nothing you hear, And half of what you see."

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

www.worlditc.org...

There we go.

- Nazgarn

You know, the whole spiricom research was really interesting. I really want to see some more scientific investigation on the subject. Maybe some of us at ATS can try to make one ourselves, see what we come up with.

Any researchers alive today?

I don't know I would presume so.

But wouldn't it be a scientific BREAKTHROUGH if these things were proven??!?

I mean, talking to the DEAD?! What implications / ramifications would that have on today's society? I mean, WOW!

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I don't know I would presume so.

But wouldn't it be a scientific BREAKTHROUGH if these things were proven??!?

I mean, talking to the DEAD?! What implications / ramifications would that have on today's society? I mean, WOW!

- Nazgarn

I agree. I think with the collective minds of the ATS crew we could get to the bottom of this!

So the first Spiricom was made at Philadelphia in 1972.

The voice that supposedly came through the lines in those audio tapes was Dr. George Jeffries Mueller, whom died from a heart condition in 1967. The "ghost" claimed that he worked at the Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa California, and also worked as a Technical engineer at NASA.

The best way to start is to obviously debunk the facts. Lets see if theres an obituary for George Mueller, see if it did work at the college, and for nasa.

If those facts check out, I'd say it would be best to locate living relatives, and possibly find out a bit about theyre reaction to the tapes. With the way he talks through the machine, in terms of language used and lingo slang and such, we could see if his relatives feel the language usage matched up to how he talked.

From there, obviously, we would then have to track down any living researchers.

Anybody interested?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by croaker013

No. Check the links above. It was a prank he was playing on a reporter. He confessed later.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe Byrd, but the other researchers that worked with him apparently said that they told him to say that to keep them from being ridiculed.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by croaker013

No. Check the links above. It was a prank he was playing on a reporter. He confessed later.

Were you referring to this link?

www.nps.gov...

"Did Edison make a machine that could talk to the dead?

This seems to be another tall tale that Edison pulled on a reporter.

There is actually no statement that this was a "tall tale" performed by Edison. If Edison was playing a prank, and he lied to the reporter, as he apparently admitted, then how do we know he wasn't lying a second time?

Today at Edison National Historic Site, we take care of over five million pages of documents. None of them mention such an experiment.

What if the Documents pertaining to this experiment (if there was such an experiment) were not handed to the ENHS?

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I remember seeing that on a show on TV. It was so interesting. He thought of so many things!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join