It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to go with the Euro?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by dragonrider
I dont think we would have any problem defending against Iran, as they dont currently have a working nuclear weapon.

DR,

You are out of your mind.

Check here!!!

Finally, the IRIAF also displayed a series of PGMs it already has in service or is currently introducing.
From left to right: Zoobin, Sattar-1, Kite-2000, and the M-117 GP-bomb caliber 750lb (350kg),
equipped with retarding fins developed in the frame of the Project "Retard".

Yeah,

Iranians dont know how to do anything..

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The day russia will be enter the �-zone is not tomorrow. Russia is not economically and socially stable enought to enter the EU.

First of all, that business about Russia not being financially strong enough or that they are no longer a "super player" on the world stage is a complete fallacy, pushed by the establishment media and academia.

Second, DR is absolutely correct. Russia would align with the hosts of hell if it meant holding onto power. Anything to counter the power of the United States.

People need to wake up and realize, the United States today is not the economic/manufacturing powerhouse the establishment would have the world believe. Our economy, at this point, is a house of cards - and there's a hurricane on the horizon.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Fulcrum,

I never said that Iran wasnt a military threat. Indeed, they are the most militarily capable of OPEC members at the moment. That is likely why we have rattled our sabre in thier direction after taking out Iraq. Is it not normal in military circles to identify and take out the strongest of the enemy on the first strike?

What I was getting at was that the strongest foe has now changed with the entry of Russia on the scene.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Watch China.

They have been playing a currency game,..

and if they align....any country that had a EU question,..would align also.

No country would jump on the Euro question, by themselves, but if Russia did, that would clear the way for opec to not become a 'target' and then one more powerhouse after that would cinch the position of the Euro.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
DR,

It is just that i think seriously that US cant take on Iran.

Not in 'little or no US blood' type of way anyways..

Are you prepared to lose Thousands dead for this?

Maybe more than in Vietnam only in less time..

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The euro currency debate is the root cause of Hugo Chavez' troubles in Venezuela. He has deliberately taken on the US and has been in the CIA's crosshairs ever since. Saddam went with the Euro in 2000. That, I'm sure, sealed his fate.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
FULCRUM, can I know, you are a russian living in israel ?

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
FULCRUM, can I know, you are a russian living in israel ?

No,

I am not Russian living in Israel.

I am Finn living in Finland.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry, I made a confusion with someone else. (Maybe $tranger).

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The euro currency debate is the root cause of Hugo Chavez' troubles in Venezuela. He has deliberately taken on the US and has been in the CIA's crosshairs ever since. Saddam went with the Euro in 2000. That, I'm sure, sealed his fate.

This just in:

Venezuelan Intelligence Sources Warn Of USA-CIA Backed Coup Attempt

10/10/03: Venezuelan intelligence sources have informed VHeadline.com that a very much heightened state of security alert is being maintained this weekend following multiple indications that a USA-CIA initiative is about to be launched against the government of President Hugo Chavez Frias but that the Venezuelan Armed Forces (FAN) believe they will, nevertheless, be able to contain an eventual threat to Venezuela's constitutional rule. USA-backed military-civilian infiltrators are said already to be on the ground in Venezuelan territory but they have not yet reached key positions.

Advance knowledge of their movements by Venezuela's Directorate of Military Intelligence (DIM) has been a major factor in the discovery and counter-operations now believed to have been set in progress.

VHeadline.com readers will be aware that this e-publication broke the news of a CIA plot early in 2002 www.vheadline.com... as a preliminary to the opposition-launched coup d'etat in April which saw President Hugo Chavez Frias taken prisoner and the installation of USA puppet dictator Pedro Carmona Estanga for just two days during which he dissolved the Constitution, Parliament and the Judiciary in one fell swoop.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just posted in this on another thread.

Not a real surprise really. Venezuela has been extremely vocal on wanting OPEC to completely adopt the Euro for the oil standard currency. As Venezuela is not geographically located for a direct military intimidation as the rest of OPEC, the CIA actions are to be expected.

I seriously doubt we will see much of this in US media.

Keep an eye on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Chavez is a leader who is surrounded by domestic opposition. Any excuse will do to blame outside interference for the mess he has made of Venezuela.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As you can see, he is no squeaky clean politician himself, having taken part in attempted coup attempts to remove his own country's democratically elected government in '92.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Chavez is a leader who is surrounded by domestic opposition. Any excuse will do to blame outside interference for the mess he has made of Venezuela.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As you can see, he is no squeaky clean politician himself, having taken part in attempted coup attempts to remove his own country's democratically elected government in '92.

You ever heard the little story about the Shah of Iran? Or, um the coming of Pinochet? Open your eyes.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ya gotta love the US media blackout on this.

Russia to price oil in euros in snub to US
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Brussels (Filed: 10/10/2003)

Russia is to start pricing its huge oil and gas exports in euros instead of dollars as part of a stragetic shift to forge closer ties with the European Union.

http://w ww.money.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2003/10/10/cnoil10.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2003/10/10/ixfrontcity.html

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You ever heard the little story about the Shah of Iran? Or, um the coming of Pinochet? Open your eyes.

I know all about the two people that you have mentioned. If you study your subject, you will find that not only were they two totally different types of leader, but their political careers totally differed. They have nothing to do with this subject and you are just grasping at straws.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Chavez deserves to go down IMHO.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Isn't this all based on the idea that oil is what significantly backs currency? We have a problem though. The oil isn't going to last. So what makes anyone believe that any crisis involving the Euro, and the Dollar, and a switch would be lasting and permenant. Suppose for a moment, we become reliant on Hydrogen instead. This would head the problem off at the pass, would it not?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
and money is a tool of the system to make the public bend to the "other man"...
where are my choices, mainly to do right...
as if the world is in a self induced coma...

i want out...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
Isn't this all based on the idea that oil is what significantly backs currency? We have a problem though. The oil isn't going to last. So what makes anyone believe that any crisis involving the Euro, and the Dollar, and a switch would be lasting and permenant. Suppose for a moment, we become reliant on Hydrogen instead. This would head the problem off at the pass, would it not?

You've almost hit the nail on the head.
That's the whole reason why the Middle East has to be sorted out now.
The developed countries in the West could probably survive without oil - who knows what technologies we could develop in the next 50 years?

But what happens to the countries whose whole economies and very existence depends on oil exports? What happens when their only means of income has dried up? What happens when their money dries up and they have nothing to trade with? What are their relationships with the rest of the world going to be like?

Most of the Middle East regimes totally rely on oil sales and, due to the fact that they are controlled by despots who are only looking after themselves, they will never progress to other means of supporting themselves unless they are taught another way to survive.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by postings

The developed countries in the West could probably survive without oil - who knows what technologies we could develop in the next 50 years?

But what happens to the countries whose whole economies and very existence depends on oil exports? What happens when their only means of income has dried up?

Most of the Middle East regimes totally rely on oil sales and, due to the fact that they are controlled by despots who are only looking after themselves, they will never progress to other means of supporting themselves unless they are taught another way to survive.

1. We already have the technology. Big oil and other interests have kept it suppressed.

2. It could be argued that this is in America's interest to "fix". However, our nation is at the cliff's edge and we must get our own house in order before we go trying to fix everyone else's problems. That is NOT in our nation's or the world's best interest. Remember George Washington's admonishment to take care of ourselves first and not to go meddling into the affairs of other nations, lest we become ensnared in their intreagues. (He's probably rolling in his grave right now - IRAQ.)

3. The oil producing nations of the Middle East would do just fine without us buying oil from them. One of the greatest sources of tension right now is the race between China, the United States and Russia/EU for control of the remaining oil reserves. China's need for oil is increasing at an alarming rate.

4. It's suicidal for our nation NOT to embrace alternative forms of energy/fuel RIGHT NOW. That would be the most profoundly wise foreign policy move we could promote. Big oil and the defense industry would be knocked off the top of the heap if that happened, though. So, it's safe to assume they will continue to look after their own financial/power interests, while continuing to screw the rest of us feeders into oblivion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join