It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to go with the Euro?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Text Not Dollars And if the Mideast follows suit, the dollar will plunge, since it is the dollar's pre-eminence as the world's oil currency that creates demand for dollars and props up the value despite a billion and a half a day trade deficit. If the oil exporting nations all switch the Euro, demand for the dollar will plummet, and the dollar, dragged down by debt and deficit, will crash.

This article was on www.whatreallyhappened.com yesterday but has since vanished. I can't find it anywhere else either. This is big bad news, b/c if they go Euro.. if OPEC went Euro as their oil trading currency, the US economy is TOAST. And, of course, the mainstream media has NOT covered this subject at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The dollar is not just an oil currency where did people at ATS come up with this retarded idea?

Where is wall street?

Who is the worlds number one importer?

Where is the centre of technology in the world?

Which country's culture is pre-emminent in the world?

Which country has the most powerful military?

Which country has a large diverse economy with a history of relative free markets?

these and other reasons help make the US dollar what it is and was.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Do some research theneo. Here's a start.
www.888webtoday.com...

www.iwa-ait.org...

www.garnertedarmstrong.ws...

www.guardian.co.uk...

THENEO, there's plenty more where that came from.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Do u think Britian should go witrh the Euro?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
already a thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i knopw gaz but waht about an answer to my Q?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
kid,

you made the comment that oil is what entirely determines the value of the US dollar and I say it does not,

regarding what Russia does,

how can it be a super power when it has to borrow someone else's currency? eh?

my how the mighty have fallen.

what is the US does the same thing with countries like Japan etc?

the lefties are starting a war that they cannot win.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For America's sake I hope OPEC and Russia keep trading in Petro dollars. The money the petro dollar makes in trade pays the crushing interest on our national debt. Without it, we'd go belly up, according to the experts.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
drunk,

personally and for a number of reasons I think that England should not adopt the euro.

maybe you should start a thread on this subject because it will elicit a lot of interesting discussion I am sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
kid,

you made the comment that oil is what entirely determines the value of the US dollar and I say it does not,

I never said that. Do the research and then we'll talk. No offense, but it's obvious you don't understand this issue. Fair warning, it's complex.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
drunk,

personally and for a number of reasons I think that England should not adopt the euro.

maybe you should start a thread on this subject because it will elicit a lot of interesting discussion I am sure.

Futere money will be either US dollar or Euro.

Personally i think that no other nation should us national currency of any other nation like US dollar, but take international monry like Euro..

If they choose $$$ they will become a state of US if they choose Euro they will become a part of community.

Take Euro!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is another subject/thread going on about Russia switching. Here's some of one reply:

That aside,the question of currency.

Any currency investor in the world would recognise that if they had invested their Dollars in Euros early on they would be quids in by now.
This trend does not appear to be abating.

The question is should Russia and OPEC countries not protect their own interests to protect the USA?

Is it the threat of violence that has stayed their hand until now?

I thought Americans welcomed a free economy?

The problem is that the US economy is dire.It is a shadow of a reflection of a mirage.Maintained only by the collusion of the US media and the wishful thinking of the American people.

The Russian have looked at the figures and have drawn their own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
THENEO,

The Dollar is the defacto oil standard currency since the 1950s, and due to our wonderful President Nixon around 1970 who totally bastardized the Gold Standard to practically useless, the oil industry is currently the ONLY hard asset backing the dollar has.

Currencies must have a hard asset backing to tie true value to them, or they are not worth more than the paper they are printed on.

Now, as Leveller has pointed out ad nauseum, the Euro is not the best looking currency in history, but it is still far out in front of the US Dollar at the moment.

The entire point here is that now that Russia has officially switched to the Euro for oil transactions, that is a clear statement of intent to side with OPEC (who has long wanted to swap currencies, but was afraid to do so due to American military pressure, IE Iraq) and the EU.

When the swap is complete across OPEC, the US Dollar will no longer have a hard asset backing, and due to the enormous national debt and consumer debt, the US economy will simply collapse under its own weight.

The result will be a depression that would make the 1920s look like a picnic. I forsee a massive global war as the only way to get out of this pit.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Drunk,

I believe that Blaire announced that the UK would indeed go to the Euro.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Since when was Blair behind going to the Euro??? Wow, that's news...

I forsee a massive global war as the only way to get out of this pit.

Yep, better stock up on duct tape, drinking water, and ammo....
Seriously, this is going to happen rather slowly in the grand scheme of things, but happen it seems destined to be....

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The shyte's gonna hit the fan soon. BushCo. probly figured by securing Iraq and (trying to) topple Chavez in Venezuela they could stave off this impending disaster. And Russia going with the Euro is proof they are no friend of the United States.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Do some research theneo.

Great. You posted 3 conspiracy sites and one left wing media source.
Conspiracy sites apart, the only one that could contain a bit of fact is the Guardian. And what does the Guardian say?

"The Qatari oil minister denied speculation that the cartel might consider switching to pricing its output in euros, to protect it against the dollar's decline. "We will stick with the dollar. It is very difficult to change. Assume we changed to the euro and six months later the euro fell, we would have to switch back."

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do a google search. Those are just a few examples. There are tons more. I'd love to provide you with more, but I don't have that kind of time. DR hit it on the head a few threads back.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That's your opinion.
I see DR making comments that aren't based in fact.

To say that Blair is going into the Europe is very misleading. There is NO way that the UK will accept the Euro for at least a decade. Even then, public opinion has to swing massively for that to be an option.

As for his analysis of the dollar?
Yes, it's suffering at the moment but when you're paying for a multi-billion dollar war, what do you expect?
It makes no difference though. The fact is that the European economies (with the exception of the UK) are facing recession. They are shrinking. The US economy is still growing.
If Russia joins the union this will place more strain on it's weak system that will take decades to recover - just as Germany suffered when it reunified. Weak economies do not generate a strong currency.

There is nothing in the forseeable future that will change the OPEC ministers' minds and make them go for the Euro over the dollar. They would be taking a MASSIVE risk on an unproven currency which is backed by economies with recessional backgrounds. Now, you can think anything you like about the OPEC nations, but the one thing they are not, is idiots. They will have taken all of the above factors into account AND Iraqi oil and have come to the same conclusion that I have just stated.

If there was even one sniff of a conspiracy regarding the Euro, Blair would have sold it to the UK years ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
That's your opinion.
I see DR making comments that aren't based in fact.

To say that Blair is going into the Europe is very misleading. There is NO way that the UK will accept the Euro for at least a decade. Even then, public opinion has to swing massively for that to be an option.

As for his analysis of the dollar?
Yes, it's suffering at the moment but when you're paying for a multi-billion dollar war, what do you expect?
It makes no difference though. The fact is that the European economies (with the exception of the UK) are facing recession. They are shrinking. The US economy is still growing.
If Russia joins the union this will place more strain on it's weak system that will take decades to recover - just as Germany suffered when it reunified. Weak economies do not generate a strong currency.

There is nothing in the forseeable future that will change the OPEC ministers' minds and make them go for the Euro over the dollar. They would be taking a MASSIVE risk on an unproven currency which is backed by economies with recessional backgrounds. Now, you can think anything you like about the OPEC nations, but the one thing they are not, is idiots. They will have taken all of the above factors into account AND Iraqi oil and have come to the same conclusion that I have just stated.

If there was even one sniff of a conspiracy regarding the Euro, Blair would have sold it to the UK years ago.

1. This is reality, not speculation. Sorry if it's too uncomfortable.
2. This has been building for some time.
3. I did not specifically mention Britain.
4. I would suggest you pay less attention to the mainstream media. Seek more balance with alternative and international sources. Then piece it together for yourself.
5. The Euro has been steadily gaining as the dollar steadily decreases in value. Of course, you're never gonna hear these analyses in the mainstream. And we all know that if the mainstream doesn't say it "it doesn't exist."

PULL YOUR HEADS OUTTA YOUR ARSES PEOPLE! The jig is just about up.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join