It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast a good thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I’ve been thinking about end of times stuff, and wondering about “The Mark of the Beast”. We are always told, “whatever you do, don’t get a mark on your right hand and forehead. If you do, you’ll be damned for eternity, and so forth. Personally I believe the Christian religion was conceived and grown on a foundation of absolute control. From the selection of books to be put into the Bible, to the persecution of those thinking out of order, to today’s fanatical right wing ultra Christian.

My question revolves around controlling the masses. If you have a devout following that you want to keep under your control, and do exactly as you would have them do during a prophesized event, you would write that down, and put it into their holy book (ie: do not receive the mark). Could the Mark be a good thing? Maybe getting the mark on the right hand or the forehead could enact a spiritual awakening in which we realize that we have no need for a controlling religion.
www.insurat.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

In this image Vishnu, the preserver has a mark on his right hand and forehead. Is this another way for Christianity to oppress their people?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, I been doing some light researching on the Christian mark of the beast today. I'm not so sure the Hindu and Christian marks can really be tied together based upon where the mark's rest on the body. Hinduism is much more peacfull then Christianity.

The history behind Revelations is a bit blotchy at most. The number itself is more symolic then actual, but if one would like to take it in the literal sense as an actual physical mark, using on interpretation, that of money... Thing's can get a little interesting.

www.plim.org...
www.wcg.org...
archaeology.huji.ac.il...
www.livescience.com...

It's generally accepted that one can't buy nor sell without making use of the beast's mark. The Greek word used for mark is charagma. This was a Roman technical term for a stamp/seal attached to commercial documents. Charagma was also a type branding for dissobedient slave's done by the Romans.

We have to ask ourselve's at this point before we jump ahead. Who founded the Roman Empire in the biblical sense. None other then Esau himself. The very guy God hated and cursed. And who brought Christianity into power? Esau's Roman Empire.

Now, going to the history of revelation's, one biblical scholar back in the 100's give's a rather interesting interpretation for the 666 number. Irenaeus speculated that the number could possibly mean Lateinos.

Also Lateinos has the number six hundred and sixty-six, and it is a very probable solution, this being the name of the last kingdom (of the four seen by Daniel; p. 71).

Now, who is Lateinos or what does/did it mean?

Lateinos means Latin Kingdom and represents the Roman Empire that ruled over the whole world at that time.

See the theme going on? Now, let's talk about Roman usage of money. You could niether buy nor sell without it.

"The mark of the beast then symbolic of allegiance to Rome. Rev. 13:17 implies that those without the mark were prevented from buying and selling. Now Roman coins generally bare the image and nature of the current emperor. Refusal to use such coins at least would inhibit severely one’s ability to buy and sell in Asia Minor… The Zealots, who rebelled against Rome in 66-70 A.D., refused to carry, look at, or manufacture coins bearing any sort of image (p. 96)."

What does the bible tell us, the second commandment.

"You shall have no other gods besides Me... Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

It is also a prohibition against making or possessing objects that one or other may bow down to or serve, including any artistic representations of God or symbols thereof, including crucifixes, or any sulpture of a human being.

Guess what was once used as money. Jesus coins (link above). Jesus coins were excavated in Tiberias, Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...
Tiberias (Hebrew טבריה, T'verya; Arabic طبرية, Ṭabariyyah) is a town on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee, Lower Galilee, Israel. It was named in honour of the emperor Tiberius.

Tiberias was built at about AD 20 by Herod Antipas, the son of Herod the Great on the site of the destroyed village of Rakkat, and it became the capital of his realm in Galilee.

Tiberias is in the same region as Jesus came from and the Jews refused to live there as it was ritually unclean. Tiberias was named in honour of the Roman Emporer Tiberius,

archaeology.huji.ac.il...
Herod Antipas, son of Herod the Great, founded a small city on the ruins of biblical Reket in the year 19 C.E., naming it "Tiberias", in honor of the Roman Emperor, Tiberius

There's that awful Esau's Roman Empire connection again... Sorry if this is abit sloppy, I'm still researching this and as a result not fully able to adequatley explain it. Read the links provided and do some more searching using google.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
Well, I been doing some light researching on the Christian mark of the beast today. I'm not so sure the Hindu and Christian marks can really be tied together based upon where the mark's rest on the body. Hinduism is much more peacfull then Christianity.

This is what I meant. Christianity has a history of control. Almost like it needs to control it's people to exist. Many of the representations of Hindu gods, not only Vishnu, but Shiva, Ganesha and Brahma are shown with the symbol "om" on their right hand, which represents the oneness of the universe. They are also often represented with the third eye on their forehead. Both of these symbols represent a union with the universe and all within it.

Om represents the only reality. Knowledge of this one reality would most certainly be detremental to the church. To me that knowledge would be a far tastier fruit than the one Adam ate in the Garden of Eden. I think it may be a means of hindering knowledge, which "God" loves to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
To put it in a more biblical perspective ...

Om represents the only reality. Knowledge of this one reality would most certainly be detremental to the church. To me that knowledge would be a far tastier fruit than the one Adam ate in the Garden of Eden. I think it may be a means of hindering knowledge, which "God" loves to do.

The serpent in the book of Genesis gave man a chance to learn, to get out of his ignorance. Shiva also has a snake as an ornament around his neck. Siva can be translated to mean "One who purifies everyone by the utterance of His name".

God didn't want human's to attain the knowledge of what is right and wrong. He wanted and still want's nothing more then total utter devotion and unquestioning worship. The serpent, even in the bible, just as Shiva is, can be represented as a symbol of wisdom. It was through the serpent that mankind had gained the knowledge of right and wrong. As a result of that knowledge, god punished us. I know many Christians try and persuade us to believe god placed the tree there for us, but that sound's rather illogical when he turns around and punish's us for eating from it. No lesson really learned, except one must obey God or feel his wrath. The Christian church claims to be the church of God and would have us remain in the dark age's if it still had the power it once did back then. The removal of wisdom through the church.

Given all that, through the hindu perspective, the mark's could be considered as a good thing. For through them we can attain more wisdom. Just as the serpent tried to help us do back in eden. The serpent is a sign of wisdom.

www.crichtonmiller.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
hiddenmysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nagas are a very respected branch of Hindu mythology. They are the subterranian reptile/people who were honored for their wisdom and prosperity.

It's interesting that serpents encircle Shiva's throat, arm and head. I'll do a little more research into why that is.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Excellent link, thank you. I found a decent-ish link describing the difference's between God and Lucifer(the serpent of wisdom).

www.daltonator.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Once again, india is interesting for sure, but make no mistake , the holy and omni vishnu, the sacred om in its hand.. or the vaishnav symbol on the forehead has nothing to do with the so called mark of the beast we find in the bible
i know it could be confusing but do some more reasearch. You'll see sometimes vishnu got the counch , the lotus, the mace, and the chakra, with no om in the hand. Sometimes the mace is in right hand etc.. according to the form he takes. But i know what you mean hand.. forehead ...Unless it's a conspiracy bible vs vedas from the christians but i'm still sticking with the implants that are comming up as far as a mark of the beast (buy/sell/population control) is concerned.

edit:

www.religionfacts.com...

for meaning of vishnu's 4 arms

[edit on 22-3-2006 by kalki]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
kalki.

You should read the links I provided in my first post in this thread. One of them explains the 'mark' and number '666'. As far as implant's, this is assuming that there is some big secret evil NWO in place that will some how be able to force over six billion people to be implanted against thier will, which would require millions of doctor's people goto everyday to be in on this secret plot as well. There's also nothing indicative of 666 being the mark of satan other then the wild claims given by the Christians. Compare all the thing's satan has done in the bible compared to all the thing's god has done. Satan's only sin was educating us. Nor do we learn why he arose in rebellion against god, but given god's action's in the bible, it seems pretty clear why he rebelled against him.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is the commonalities of Hindu mythology and Zoroastrian mythology. As I have studied, many aspects of Zoroastrianism are alive and kicking in Hindu mythology. Mostly aspects of Dharma (honor) vs. Adharma. Their pantheon was also very similar, aside from the names, the histories of each god were fairly common.

Many of the concepts of angels and demons are thought to be derived from Zoroastrian beliefs common in Persia. It is believed that in the earliest translations of the Old Testiment were actually mistranslating the name/letter (AL) to (El). El hadn't been previously assigned to any god, so a new one was formed and was the base for the Judeo-Christian mythology. Al, however, was assigned to a god. The Zoroastrian sun god Mithra. This is where I begin to draw my comparison.

If the Bible's ancient base was in Zoroastrian and Hindu mythology, then it would stand to reason that the serpent who gave knowledge to man was in fact a Naga. To continue this, I believe it is possible that if this God was "real" and able to bring about visions in prophets like John, then he may have an agenda.

Now I'll bring up the mythological Garudas, arch rivals of the Naga. Garudas were describes as having a body of gold, a face of white, and resembled an eagle with wings broad enough to block out the sun.. Nagas would have a forked tongue and resemble a serpent obviously (see where I'm going).

These connections are somewhat peculiar, but I wonder if man trusted the Garudas as angels, and Nagas as demons, then it would follow that their holy book would tell them to distrust the serpent, and possibly describe them as the beast.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was never described in the bible as Satan. This idea came thousands of years later in the middle ages. I assume this was because if one is opposing God's view, they must be Satan. This, however was never mentioned directly in the bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The mark of the beast will be given to all, rich / poor/ free / slave, and to refuse is to die here in this life. To accept it is to live this life and suffer eternal agony of torment in the next. Its a stark choice between God or the Beast - as simple as that and its all about buying and selling, not knowledge or any thing like that at all.

The mark is said to be EITHER in the right hand or on the forehead...not both.

Me, well any one trys to get the mark on me had better come well prepared...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The mark of the beast will be given to all, rich / poor/ free / slave, and to refuse is to die here in this life. To accept it is to live this life and suffer eternal agony of torment in the next. Its a stark choice between God or the Beast - as simple as that and its all about buying and selling, not knowledge or any thing like that at all.

The mark is said to be EITHER in the right hand or on the forehead...not both.

Me, well any one trys to get the mark on me had better come well prepared...

This is all using the same book as a point of reference. If that source is biased, which it most certainly is, then it can't be trusted completely. I was trying to bring seperate cultural views into the picture.

Edit: Aside from that, I still propose that the worship and belief in the Christian God throughout history has led to more damage to societies than good. By that I wonder if doing as the bible says exactly would be such a good idea.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Goodness, I was trying to stay away from religious based thread.

So lets talk about conspiracy of created religion.

I always look for opinions and facts on both sides of the story..... possibitily of both sides....So positives with the bible, it probably is true, the mark is negative, satan is bad... then the opposite, bible contrived, mark is good, satan is good.

However, I had a discussion with a mormon, and he seemed to...not want to tell me because I was so inquisitive on the book of mormon...yet he said "adam and eve were supposed to eat off the tree of knowledge of good and evil"....ie, it was gods plan all along!

Then I came across the conspiracy of the higher up mormons, that they pledge their allegance to lucifer!!!! Not because lucifer was evil, but because lucifer represented allowing everyone to become like god, and not be a slave to god....Then I came across images of Adam and Eve (statues) of them offering fruits and wheats to god on the sacrificial alter..... these are in mormon churches.......I mean..isnt this the story of Cain and Abel, yet this represented Cains story as preffered...ie again, not to worship..but to become like!

Anyway, other than the message of the mormon of adam and even supposed to eat of the tree, and the statue, I cant find proof that the mormon church do actually worship lucifer....so lets put them out of the equation for now.
----

The bible, revelations states no man add or remove any part of the word of god etc..etc... so this is used by other christian denominations to say the book of mormon is an addition.... However even in the bible itself, it has references to many books that are NOT included in the bible......ive come across some of these supposed books... (online versions) and they were not included because they were categorised as heresy and contradicts major parts of the bible........ ie angels were reffered to as space brothers.... jesus survived the death on the cross, and simply rested till he arose a few days later....

again...this is just something to think about, im getting to my main point....

Please Google "+Piso +Roman +Testament"

Piso is a family during roman times that are accused by jews as making up the new testament, therefore jesus never came, and are still waiting for him..... also others state that the new testament was altered to fit an agenda.....an agenda that is still carried out to this day....a script of sorts..
--------

Now there is some threads on here about the avian flu being mark of the beast...yet there seems about discussions that its a choice to have it..not forced........

Well PLEASE go to this website www.vagusnervestimulation.com/

Its called the vagus nerve stimulator.......its functions are to remove:

Bipolar Disorder
Depression
Epilepsy
Anxiety Disorder
Use of existing Medications

Its an IMPLANT.......and its a CHOICE..... maybe NOT the mark of the beast, but possibly the future "mark" will be a combination of this implant as well as tracking/trading implant.....lets see where they recommend to place this thing!

So to the "mark of the beast" being good.. Choose wisely

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
First of all, please don't confuse Biblical teaching with Christianity. Mainstream Christianity has been corrupted since the Roman Empire.

In the ruins of the Roman Empire began the perverted and corrupted aspect of Christianity, which ultimately lead to the rise of the Papal states, which is a controlling and opressing establishment. First the Papacy eliminated it's enemies that deviated from the scriptures written by themselves - NOT the scriptures of the Bible. In passing time, they noticed at the best way to bring all people under one religious rule is to divide them secretly and then give the 'solution' - Thesis / Antithesis = Synthesis. So the Papacy LET the reform to pass and give birth to the protestant churches, just so they can convert them slowly to their side. Which has - against popular belief - happened to great extent. All non-Catholic churches are falling in line like sheep.

Slowly they have overthrown Bible's God Jehova and Jesus, and replaced it by a human ruler, namely the Pope. This ideology has been spread through several means that it could not be traced back to the Papacy. They have given fruit to popular ideologies like humanism, etc., which promote human as the supreme being.

Back to the topic
,the mark of the beast is bad if you follow the Bible correctly, for it means you have pledged your allegiance to Lucifer, who is the Holy Spirit of Satan - not that you are under any control, you have made the decicion youself. What this mark is, no one porbably knows for sure.

top topics

join