It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange animals in TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
has anyone heard of any strange animals roaming around TN ? I've never heard about any strange things happening here just curious.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My uncle lives on Kentucky Lake in Dover TN. The only strange thing he has heard of is sighting of Cobra snakes. The sightings stopped about 5 years ago. I remember the local police did assume it was true since a cop supposedly saw one. But they assumed it must have been a Cobra that was let loose in the wild by someone who had it as a pet. Also they assume since the sightings stopped it must have died due to the climate.

But i got a lil fishing story abt Kentucky Lake. I was doing some early morning bass fishing casting towards shore from my uncles bass boat when i was 15. I was fishing in about 4ft-12ft of water using a jig. As i was reeling the lure in slow along the bottom I had something take the jig. So instantly i set the hook. Right when i set the hook whatever it was took off immediately ripped the line outta my reel of my fishing pole. It had to be big, I was using 18 lb line & a heavy duty reel & pole. My only conclusions of what it was came to being either a huge catfish, a huge drum or sheaphead fish or a huge turtle. I wish i would of caught it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This is the only strange animal from TN I've seen recently.

They call 'em Tennessee bird dogs.

Yup, and for a minute there I was laughing so hard I forgot how to post pictures. It should come up ok in the thread now.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
it says i need to login to view the photos.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The not-so-rare TN Mullet.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by know the truth I've never heard about any strange things happening here just curious.

Its not a cryptid, but you should read up on the Bell Witch of Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
thanks for the info. all I can say is I'm glad that I am not a descendent of the bell's.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i'm from TN................been here my whole life...............42yrs to be exact.

what exactly strange creatures were you looking for???

the mullet is NOT so common thank you very much. and good riddance too.
however we do on occasion see the buck toothed bird dogs pictured earlier.

i'm in SE TN............equal distance from Chattanooga and Knoxville. near the TN river..........the Smoky Mtns, Cherokee National Forest, Ocoee and Hiwassee Rivers..............lots of abundant game...........but i'm not aware of any STRANGE critters.

please eleborate

angie

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this animal was in TN. I think it happened in Maryland. There was a creature running around. It was identified as a hyote..or some crossed dog breed with mange. Poor little guy. At first people thought it could be a thylacine, but when I saw the images of it, I knew exactly what it was right off the bat. A Red Fox with terrible mange.

Here are some pictures www.jimmyakin.org...

www.terrierman.com...

images.google.com...://theshadowlands.net/maryland3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theshadowlands.net/maryland.htm&h=240&w=320&sz=7&tbnid =m-O9KlsSFElqkM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=113&hl=en&start=19&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMystery%2Bcreature%2Bin%2BMaryland%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

I believe it was a red fox, see look here> joi.ito.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

This is the only strange animal from TN I've seen recently.

They call 'em Tennessee bird dogs.

Yup, and for a minute there I was laughing so hard I forgot how to post pictures. It should come up ok in the thread now.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Icarus Rising]

Isnt this made by Kai's SuperGoo ??

source: www.applelinks.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't know, I received it in an e-mail from my brother, an avid bird hunter, as a joke about TN bird dogs. If there is some problem with posting it here, I would hope a mod will remove it, as I am unable now to edit the original post.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wasnt asking about any kind of animal in particular. just wanted to see if anyone had ever heard of any strange animals.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
whitelightwolf the following was written in the linkyou posted (under the pictures)

Update 8-24-04 - The Mystery is solved
www.thewbalchannel.com...

i couldnt open the link, give it a try ..

maybe a ''hyote'' that escaped from a lab

new topics

top topics

join